From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2461
Date: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:31 PM

1. RE: Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Fuel Distributor Problems
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

4. Re: Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

5. RE: The Rare Deloreans
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

8. Re: Lambda system/duty cycle
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

9. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "dcsj4465" <dcsj_at_dml_excite.com>

10. Rare Deloreans
From: "delorean02378" <delorean02378_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "dcsj4465" <dcsj_at_dml_excite.com>

12. Re: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

13. Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission (8mm Bolt From Hell)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

14. Engine pistons & Liners
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

15. Prevous Owners / History of my DeLorean
From: "dmc4matt" <dmc4matt_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>

17. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

19. Re: Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

20. Re: Vandalized D
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

21. Re: Vandalized D
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

22. Re: Vandalized D
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

23. Brief DeLorean Flashback - Car & Driver.com
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: Re: EPOXY COATING ON FRAMES
From: "Carl Davis" <carldavis_at_dml_familykia.com>

25. BTTF 20th anniversary showing in LA
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:29:58 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: The Rare Deloreans

I've seen that car, it's a show car worthy of being on the cover of a
magazine! ;P
- VB

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:37:32 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Distributor Problems

This symptom *could* be caused by a non-functioning Lambda system. Do
you hear a loud buzz on the right side valve cover when the motor is
running? If not you need to find out why. You might have a bad Lambda
relay or any other number of reasons why the frequency valve is not
running.

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:40:19 -0500
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

I for got to mention about pricing of my De Lorean Vin# 00538, I was
offered 47,500 in the fall of 2001, I flatly refused, My wife was
asking me if I was crazy, I simple told her I just  Love my car I've
wanted it every since my friend Got it. I asked him every year to buy
it from him but, he refused till I finally got it.
Lawrence Vin# 00538

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:26:40 -0500
From: "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

Hello,
I see you talking about pricing of De Lorean, Here's one for you, I
went to an Auction with a friend of mine to California For the
Bankruptcy & looked over a lot of De Loreans,
When this De Lorean came up to bid everyone kind of stepped back &
didn't bid So my friend & I bid on vin#00538 This was in 1984, I friend
got it. $35,000.00 the auctioneer told everyone that this was the car
that Christina Ferraire De Lorean Had been driving around & was repoed
from a golf course, ( which we found out later that Christina never
even drove the car & that this was actually a pre-production factory
engineering car ) -( factory production started _at_dml_ Vin# 000560  ). any
way My buddy & I drove the car for the remainder of 1984  ( 3 months )
Then The car sat in his back yard for over 16 years even worse he got
married in 1991 & at that time his wife took the luggage compartment
hood off & Planted flowers in it  every year after. YES I SAID PLANTED
FLOWERS IN IT.  well I can't tell you to much more I have an ad to
write up. I'll post more after It gets published.
Lawrence Mi. vin#00538m, 00915a, 4873a,

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:54:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: The Rare Deloreans

Vin 502.  Rob Grady had it in Pigeon Forge last year.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:49:05 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

You are absolutly right. Sometimes when  you type out your thoughts
they do not resemble quite what you intend, especailly to other
readers. I say "Band Aids" because you can apply them individually.
IMHO if you do intend to upgrade the electrical system you really do
need to do everything all at once. Just sticking a new battery in will
not fix everything. There are numerous items you can get to upgrade
the electrical system from a battery, to the relay upgrade kit, to the
fan fail relay, door lock module, et al. My feeling is instead of
doing it piecemeal it should be done all at once for maximum effect.
Now I do understand economics and I realize most people would want to
do things in small steps but you cannot achieve full reliablity and
safety until ALL items are taken care of. If you only offered the
electrical upgrades in one huge package no one would buy it. In
reality most will find themselves doing it all eventually but along
the way they will be disappointed and let down by an unreliable car. I
hope you do not take my comments the wrong way or think they are aimed
particularly at you, I try to make them as general as possible.

> David,
> Sometimes it's not what people say it's how they say it.
> What's wrong with: Like in any 20 + year old car the electrical
system needs.......... new batteries shorted and under voltage.

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 02:30:47 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

Jesus if this is the case then my car vin#pilot25 must be worth something??

If vin#501 could raise a 6 figure sum then how about a car that was built
months before it????

My car appeared in autocar magazine in 81' and was an original test car for
the factory so it not only holds historical value but monitery value.  I was
offered around 45K for it last year but I would never sell it as it will
always stay in the country of its birth.

Alistair McCann
VIN# PILOT25

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:02:34 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Lambda system/duty cycle

You are correct, the Lmabda duty cycle should be pulsating. Since it
is not you need to check several things. Refer to D:04:14-15. The
Lmabda will be steady under the following conditions;
O2 sensor disconnected
O2 sensor lead grounded
O2 sensor lead disconnected with 1.5 volts applied
Full throttle
Coolant temp below 59 degrees f or sensor defective or wire grounded

I would first check out the coolant sensor and make sure it is
connected since you say the motor was worked on. Maybe they did not
connect it or knocked the wire off and didn't notice it. You could
also have a grounded wire going to the  micro switch. In any case
check out the circuit that goes to the micro and the thermal switch.
This can cause the sytem to be steady with a duty cycle bewteen 50 and
60 and run rich.

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:42:56 -0000
From: "dcsj4465" <dcsj_at_dml_excite.com>

The Car is now on display at the Peterson auto museum in LA. There
is also a recent article in the Latest issue of DW magazine. The
Ironic thing here is that DOA board members can now use the car as
their centerpiece at the monthly meetings held at that museum.

Dennis 5180

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_f...>
wrote:

> I seem to remember reading that the Snyder car moved recently and
there was a lot of hype about magazine exclusives detailing its
relocation.

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:46:54 -0000
From: "delorean02378" <delorean02378_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Rare Deloreans

Thanks for the information on the Gold Deloreans and I will purchase
the latest issue of the DCS magazine. $15.00 bucks is kind of steep
(Paid $12.00 a year for Playboy) for a magazine but I'm very
interested in the article. Not to mention the English Mastiff on the
cover. We had two Mastiffs and had to get a back hoe to bury them.

My dad bought his new in 1981 and he did not give it up until I was
28. (18 years) I was allowed to clean it and that was it. I was never
able to drive it, not for Prom, or any other occasion. One time I
took it out for a little spin when he was gone for a week and had my
car taken away for TWO months. I was 16 with a 1986 Mustang GT
convertible so 2 months without my car was rough. Riding the bus to
school and having my girlfriend pick me up on the weekends in her VW
Rabbit was not cool.

Anyway, 02378 is priceless to me and I would never consider selling
it. I've already willed it to my son when he turns 30 and the will
states that it can not be sold unless it is totaled and he has to
settle with an insurance company.

Hopefully our cars will increase in value and my son will have as
much appreciation for the car as I do.

One thing is for sure, if he takes it out without my permission, his
car is gone for 2 months!!! Same lesson I had to learn.

Kirk

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:52:19 -0000
From: "dcsj4465" <dcsj_at_dml_excite.com>

  Rob Grady, of PJ rady now owns delorean 502 the legend car that
was written about in that article. I'm surprized that you didn't see
it at Pigeon Forge, it was there on Sat evening for the final
banquet.

Dennis

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:59:14 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Re: Proto 1 Looking for flap sander

I have a contact within the original supplier that can get the
original flap wheel on the 1/2" shaft (sorry, originally said 3/8")
for $250.  The sand paper loads are $20 for a full load (3 sets of 4).
   So far ARO, the company that makes the air tool, has been unable to
identify the "S" on the model number.  They tell me "S" stands for
special but there's no documentation on what made it special.

Matthew
VIN 16816

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence J, Lormand"

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:16:20 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission (8mm Bolt From Hell)

Bolt is so named because it absolutely can not be installed with the
transmission in place. You can remove it with a universal socket, but
not reinstall.

Once your transmission is on the ground you'll see what I mean.

My biggest problem with the transmission: old fashioned American
installation techniques do not work. Mounting bolts can not be used to
pull it back to the engine -- bellhousing holes have too much free
play. No matter how careful you are, it will come in at a bad angle.
Input shaft splines are so fine that you will bind and deform them
without realizing it. Trust me -- did it twice. Big old American 10
spline shafts will actually guide the transmission back to the engine.
Not so a Renault.

Be sure the block guide pins are in place. Douvrin was using roll pins
in 1981, but had converted to solid ones by the late 80's (might be a
retrofit to consider).

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:17:59 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Engine pistons & Liners

Group,
I have found several sets of Mahle, the original manufacture B28F
pistons and liners. Even though these very seldom needed, I couldn't
pass them up because the cars are getting older and the milage will
eventualiy catch up with the engine wear. Part #102620. I now have
them in stock. $495.00 for a set of 6.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/engine.html

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:46:38 -0000
From: "dmc4matt" <dmc4matt_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Prevous Owners / History of my DeLorean

Hi Everybody,

I finally found out who used to own my DeLorean, #2205. I know it is
a long shot, but does anyone here know Jonathan and Jean Trevillyan
of Acton, CA? They were the previous owners, and I just wanted to
know if anyone knew of the DeLorean they used to have.

Thanks!

Matt McLaughlin
VIN 2205
Black Interior
Automatic

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:19:58 -0000
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Hi Lawrence

The unit is in three parts;

1/	The Unit itself
2/	The Sanding flaps
3/	The Brushes

The Sanding flaps are extendable.
The Brushes are changeable

When I did my Delorean, the marks (gouges) were quite nasty on the doors and
front panel. I only used the sanding flaps and brushes that were supplied
and I did not have to extend the sanding flaps at all.

If you mean how many complete units you have to buy I would still be able to
get them for the price I paid. If you mean how spare flaps you have to buy
afterwards, They would be about 15.00, I would think the condition of the
car would have to be terrible if you needed another set. There are other
people more expert about how you blend the panels. I needed the unit as I
had exhausted all the avenues in removing the deep gouges. It was case of
"if this does not work I will have to have them removed and sent away or buy
new panels".

I hope this helps

Regards

Kevin #5959

From: Lawrence J, Lormand [mailto:lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net]
Subject: Re: [DML] Proto 1 Looking for flap sander

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:38:38 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Um, any car VIN 500 and up was for sale to the public. The ones before
VIN 500 are pre-production.

Joe

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 04:05:56 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

As I recall, Johnny Carson was sort of "given" a new D almost right off the
boat, but it was never registered in his name.  On the way home it broke
down for some reason, that turned out to be minor, and he abandoned it and
never drove it again.....I wonder if that "tale" is right!    If so, he was
"barely" the owner!!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 04:00:28 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

A few years ago the "third" DeLorean was offered for sale for 75K.  I called
about it and the owner said he had planned on displaying it and charging
admission, but found the insurance was astronomical..I forget what it was,
but it was by the week.....I immediately talked to my wife about it and we
decided to go ahead and buy it...of course even in that one or two hours
lapsed time, it was too late at that "low price".  I dunno who got it but a
later price was quoted as $175K as I recall and probably more by this time.
Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:36:18 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Vandalized D

You said:

> Unless you already had the carpet and electrical panel exposed how
would
> they know that these item's were there.

DMCJoe, you missed the part where I said that I had the parcel shelf
carpet removed to clean it and the fuse /relay compartment cover was
being repainted...so the fuse box/relat section was exposed....

Michael Q

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:15:42 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

Beware giving too much info at a car show?

That makes no sense. At a show, you open the vehicle up completely to the
public, and as unusual as our cars are, people always want to know where all
the vital organs are because none of them are in the normal places.

The sad fact is, anyone left unattended with your vehicle for long enough will
find whatever they want to find and damage whatever they feel like. There is
no "proof" method of protecting your car. Covers, garages, alarms, and
cameras only -reduce- the chance of theft or damage.

I can't fathom taking my car to a show and telling every lookie-loo who asks a
question "sorry, can't tell you that. Please admire the car from no closer than a
3 meter distance."

Rich A.

>snip <<
>snip<
> I agree. My opinion though? You showed your car at a car show and
someone asked a lot of questions and was sure to make note of where all the
important stuff was.  I have heard of this happening before - crooks wandering
thru car shows pretending to be interested in the car but they are actually
casing it out....

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:53:23 -0000
From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick_at_dml_aol.com>

In my case the fuse box was left exposed (see previous post) so that
is how they saw it.  But I think that it is very possible that my car
or another D was seen at a car show because they knew where the horns
were and how easythey are to disconnect.  However, if the Vandals
really wanted to screw up a D and ruin hard to get pieces they
wouldn't have targeted the seats as those are easy to replacement but
a showie display of their distruction...as we all know there are
other more difficult pieces to get...carpets, center console
(original vinyl) etc.  So I don't think they were experienced D
people but instead just a bunch of punk kids who perceive the D as an
expensive exotic they could trash...

But I do agree that people should not give out too much information
on their cars as to important items because it could effect other D
owners inthe future.  I know it is very tempting to show people
everything about the car at a show where people all all over your car
telling you how cool it is, but it just isn't that smart in the long
run.

Michael Q

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:16:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Brief DeLorean Flashback - Car & Driver.com

FYI for those keeping track...
Brief mention of the DeLorean in an on-line article with picture:
www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8774&page_number=4
or
http://tinyurl.com/65nro

"23 Years of Going Nose to Nose
0412_compar_group.jpgWe have put a 911 against a Corvette five times on these
pages. Two of these encounters were multicar comparos, and three were
head-to-heads. The first was in December 1981, when we pitted four sports cars
against the De Lorean. Even then, the 911's as-tested price of $34,165 seemed
audacious when compared with the $19,000 Vette. The horsepower numbers seem puny
by today's weaponry standards: 172 for the Porsche and 190 for the Chevy. We
didn't pick a winner or rank them, but it was clear the 911 easily had the Vette
covered."

Shannon Y

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:16:13 -0500
From: "Carl Davis" <carldavis_at_dml_familykia.com>
Subject: Re: Re: EPOXY COATING ON FRAMES

Thanks for the help .

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:31:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: BTTF 20th anniversary showing in LA

The 20th anniversary ofthe BTTF movie turned out
great.  Originally, Christopher Lloyd and Bob Gale
were only supposed to be there, but as it turned out
in addition there were Claudia Wells, Tom Wilson, and
Lea Thompson.  It was nice to see the movie again on
the big screen.  After all, it has been 20 years since
I last saw it in the theater.  Myself, Owen, and
Dan Botkin took our DeLoreans to the event.  In
addition, I met four DeLorean owners at the theater
including Tamir and an owner who ownes four DeLoreans
(one of each interior/transmission type).     Bob
Gale, Tom Wilson, and Claudia Wells were signing
autographs before and after the movie and there was a
Q & A session with all the actors and Bob Gale
following the movie.  Overall, it was a great
memorable event.  I took several pictures if anyone is
interested.

-Chris