From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2462
Date: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:53 PM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Re: The Rare Deloreans
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:23:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: The Rare Deloreans

Why do you say it was a factory engineering car??
Production started with Vin 500.

Claude used to claim his 570 was also "pre
production".  I have yet to see any evidence that
these cars were anything other than "early
production".

I once had the pleasure of being at PJ Grady when he
had a handful of cars in the shop that were in the 500
Vin range.  It was interesting to see all of the
things that changed shortly in to production. I wonder
if there are documented in the concours manual?

Such as the texture on the fiberglass pontoons (except
on Vin 570 where the PO decided to sand it smooth to
make it like all the rest!  But I think the plan was
to restore it).

When I purchased 1860, it came with a bunch of parts
from Legend Industries.  Included were some door
straps which were thinner than the later ones.  I gave
them to Rob for use on the early cars he owns.

Also got a early clutch from the Legend stuff, the
input shaft had less splines (but they were deeper).

I will agree, these early cars have some unique things
about them...  I don't think they qualify for
"Pre-Production".

--- "Lawrence J, Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

> & that this was actually a
> pre-production factory
> engineering car ) -( factory production started _at_dml_
> Vin# 000560  ). any

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com