From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2481
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:30 PM

1. Re: Speedo Angle Drive Removal
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Re: Re: Not so stainless?? HELP!
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

3. Re: Re: Engine Trouble
From: "Justin Alivandi" <deepdmc12_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>

4. Carfaq
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

5. Re: smoked front lens
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:42:21 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Speedo Angle Drive Removal

I've lerned the hard way that the only way that retaining ring will
let go is if you hack the angle drive in half and salvage the nut.

Or just buy a new nut from a Vendor. In one instance helping someone
I managed to rip pff the nut from the retaining ring with my bare
hands, just once.

Joe OBrien

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_c...>
wrote:

> Hey gang,
> Can anyone help me with some information on removing the
speedometer angle drive?  I have removed the large nut holding the
angle drive but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get
the retaining ring to release the angle drive from the nut.  Any
thoughts as to how to remove the retaining ring?

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:49:49 +0100
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Not so stainless?? HELP!

Hello all!

The stuff that works so good on removing the rust spots and making the SS
shiny like new is a cleaner that I found at my local home improvement store.
It was in the kitchen/bathroom section. Now, the hard part is that as you
might know I am in Poland and this stuff is made and sold here. I can tell
you what it's made of - the main ingredients are phosphoric acid - 15 to 30%
(they are not really exact, are they), and what they call "non-ion surface
active agents - 5%
As soon as the wather gets warmer I will take some pictures of the same
areas as before and I will post them to the yahoo site in the same folder.
I'll let you know when they are up.... I need to finish working on my water
pump. I just took the intake manifold off.

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik_at_dml_vp.pl
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:06:22 -0500
From: "Justin Alivandi" <deepdmc12_at_dml_cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Engine Trouble

Thanks for the help, I forgot to mention that the fuel filter was also
replaced. The frequency valve is not making any noise, so I guess I'll start
with that. What does the lambda system consist of, the oxygen sensor and the
computer control box anything else? The first thing I purchased were the
manuals but they are with the mechanics. Also where should the temp gauge be
reading? Mine only goes about 1/4-1/3 of the way up, but the engine gets
pretty warm. Do you know what is worse than not having the car of your
dreams? Having the car of your dreams and not being able to drive it. Thanks
for the help. I cant wait to get it running good. One more question kinda
off topic but the title says vin 16514 but the vin on the dash and door jam
says 16579 Is this something to be concerned about or just a typo. I haven't
gotten the car registered yet, but am concerned this might be a problem. The
PO said he purchased the car from the original owner who had three DeLoreans
maybe they mixed up the titles?
Thanks again you guys are great.
Justin Alivandi
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:55:20 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Carfaq

Anyone have a carfaq account that can run a couple of Vins for me
(non-DMC vins)
Contact me on the side if you dont mind.

THanks

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:20:20 -0500
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: smoked front lens

Lund made them. I have a set of smoke and one clear set that I use which are adhered by Velcro.
You do see them on Ebay but are pricey.

Cecil Longwisch