From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2492
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:10 PM

1. British Invade Gettysburg - 2004
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

2. RE: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Scytek Galaxy 5100RS Alarm
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

4. RE: Fw: door lift cylinders
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

6. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

7. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

8. Looking for Delorean to purchase
From: Me <fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. RE: Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots
From: "James" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

11. RE: Fw: door lift cylinders
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

12. Floor Mats
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

13. RE: Fw: door lift cylinders
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:29:44 -0000
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: British Invade Gettysburg - 2004

I was just checking the website for the "British Invade Gettysburg"
show for 2005.  There are no pictures, but the description of the
2004 show includes the DeLorean marque.

http://www.lancomgclub.com/big.htm

There were three DeLoreans in the show in 2004, all members of the
DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Club; Jeremy Delaney, Susan & Tiffany Olejnik,
and myself.

Brent Lundgren

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:24:24 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: DMCH Floor mats

If you have gray interior, then get the gray mats.
The blacks just look too high contrast and look wrong to me.
Maybe if you have black interior it would make sense, but even still I would
use the gray.

Now, onto a dfferent argument.... I bought these flor mats and they LOOK
great,
however they shed like a dog in spring.
Everyday there was a huge hairball in the floor where the carpet has come up
from my foot....now there is a bald spot in the middle.
They also warp real bad in the heat.
They look cool, but are not made very well and not worth $150.00.
I have had mine for about a year and with daily driving they are ruined.
DMCH really needs to update these wth a better made carpet.
- VB

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:24:58 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com
Subject: Re: Scytek Galaxy 5100RS Alarm

Greg - We looked in great detail at this company and at this system
for use with our high-end Wings-A-Loft products.  Unfortunately, the
company and their main distributor were very flaky and nearly
impossible to deal with.  We decided that we didn't want to put
ourselves through that much frustration trying to work with them.
The product does appear to be a good product - we just couldn't face
the company that makes and sells it.  That said ... I believe that
you will find that our Wings-A-Loft Elite does everything that this
system does, along with remote door opening (of course), and I have
worked out the integration with the DeLorean wiring, so the Elite is
now available.  It even has a carbon-fiber remote!  Contact me off-
list and I can send you a page that explains the capabilities of the
Elite controller and overall system.  It's awesome.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:50:34 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Fw: door lift cylinders

Here,
check out this video of my doors and you will see what I am talking about.
It is a cool 52 outside...

http://www.bttfstuff.com/MOV05225.MPG

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:16:57 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

I have www.deloreanmotorcenter.com floor mats and they are great. Don
Steger sells nice mats.

Mark V

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:21:30 -0500
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

Bob, Can you clarify.. Is the shedding mat DMCH mats or deloreanmats.com
mats?

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:26:18 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: What the heck is wrong with people?

Aw man!  Sorry to hear about that Mike!  Some people have no respect.

At least they didn't permanently damage anything.  Do you have a car
cover for it?

-Josh

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:06:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Me <fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Looking for Delorean to purchase

Looking for a daily driver or project car in or near
florida.Anyone thinking of selling let me know.Thanks :)

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:46:07 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DMCH Floor mats

Wow, thanks for that link.
I think I will want some of these for my car!
- VB

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:48:44 -0000
From: "James" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots

Sorry, Actually it is just a Prize car. Like the past GT games they
still list the prize cars at the dealer, but the price is $-- with a
caption CANNOT BE PURCHASED.

BUT!
It is that Houston series 2 DeLorean. 197 Hp,

I can't wait to win it. I just bought the game yesterday. I'm stuck
in a 1990 Honda CR-X Si

-James LaLonde 004009

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:42:59 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

As I told Video Bob after he bought the new Stabilus factory original struts
that they are strong and needed to re adjust the torsion bars when the temp
was around 70 to 75  degree. I see by the video that hasn't done.  He may
wake up some morning and the $1,000.00 torsion bar is broke and wish it was
done.  The video also shows that they perform even in cold weather and don't
sag like some others.
The bar really needs to be backed off. Stabilus also does not build in the
buffer as the door goes up. There are some that are made in Turkey that
will, but the quality unless it's been improved hasn't been very good.
If you will re adjust the torsion bar you will be fine.

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:36:55 EST
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Floor Mats

Not to start anything up here, but the factory only made black floor mats for
both interior colors. It's all in personal taste, but the black is correct
for a Delorean, not to mention shows zero dirt. The gray get dirty looking fast.

Tony,
Proto 1

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:48:45 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I will be honest, Hervery suggested that very thing and you may be 100%
correct.
However, they were perfect when I had the old struts on, it does not change
the fact
that there is no dampener to the strut.
There needs to be a reversed valve that slows the strut down before it gets
to the top.
I guess I need to try out a few different models so I can see the
difference.
- VB