From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2493
Date: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:12 PM

1. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

4. DMCH FLOOR MATS
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: DMCH Floor mats
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Fw: door lift cylinders (dampening)
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

7. RE: Fw: door lift cylinders
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. RE: Floor Mats
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. MAJOR UPDATE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

10. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

11. Car show disappoinment
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

12. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

15. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Jim Reeve" <dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com>

16. RE: DMCH Floor mats
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

18. DeLorean in GT4 - amazing.
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com

19. RE: DMCH FLOOR MATS
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

20. Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. Re: MAJOR UPDATE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

22. RE: DMCH Floor mats
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

23. RE: DMCH Floor mats
From: Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>

24. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

25. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:16:58 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH Floor mats

DMCH mats, the ones from Houston that are $150 - shed like a collie in
summer.
- VB

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:20:47 -0000
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Well that's certainly something to consider, as my DeLorean is my
year-round daily driver. I suppose maybe I'll wait until the DMCH
open house and check them out in person in people's cars. Thanks for
all the feedback everyone!

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:50:11 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

I have DMCH floormats in my car, and I love them.  They serve their
purpose protecting my carpet, and they look good too.  I have the
black ones in my black interior car, but if I had to buy them again I
would get grey mats.  The grey seems to match the dark carpet dead on
from others I have seen, and it doesn't make the car seem as dark as
with the black mats.  All in all they are a great product, with a
sponge type of backing that doesn't leave any residue on the carpet
underneath.  I reccomend them highly.

Patrick
1880

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:49:02 -0800 (PST)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMCH FLOOR MATS

Just my two cents, but I've got a pair of the new and improved DMCH mats, had them for about a year now.

No complaints as of yet, they look brand new and feel great-BLACK ofcourse!

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:01:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I've had the DMCH floor mats and, frankly, they just
didn't really work that well for me.  "Bunching" up
was the problem.

However, let me jump into the color of the mats
discussion.  I've had two D's; one was the grey
(gray?) interior, and the other (my current 83) is the
black and grey/gray.  Now, since the purpose of floor
mats is to protect the floor carpet, I cannot imagine
why anyone would ever get anything other than black.
The grey/gray mats would look just as bad as no mats
at all.

Look at the rubber insert on the drivers side.  It is
black.  Well, sure, you say, rubber is black..  Heck,
in in 1981 you could get grey/gray rubber.  Yes, black
is the way to go.  Personal preference, I know!

BTW, the DOA (Dreaded Other Association) is now
offering some very nice looking mats.  I just got
mine.  They are VERY thick  rubber backed and appear
to be just what is needed.  I must admit that they
have just been installed and I cannot say how they
will wear, but I will keep you informed.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:31:26 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Fw: door lift cylinders (dampening)

VB,

I have the PJ Grady struts and they work very well for me.  While
they *do* have the dampening valve in them, I find it seems to do
little as far as preventing bouncing if your torsion bars are really
wound up.  The better alternative, as everyone else suggests, seems
to be to unwind your torsion bar a bit.  That's what I did.

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:52:41 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Fw: door lift cylinders

You may be right about all that John, it could be that the previous owners
tightened up
the torsion bars to compensate for bad struts in the past, and with the old
struts it was
just right.... I was not trying to bash your stuff, but I was adding to the
conversation
by talking about my experience.
You were there with me and we both put them on the car and I complained
about them then.
Until I have tried some other peoples struts out I really don't have the
right to make
any judgments, for all I know they all do that on my door if it is not
adjusted properly.
I will work on it...

...and, I was not trying to pour salt in old wounds but the fact of the
matter is
that I can not talk to you about these things.
You won't return my calls or emails, and have told me not to shop with you.
I am not going to argue who is right, and who is wrong in this issue but
either way I don't feel like I did anything wrong.

In retrospect, the more I think about the "side-stripes", the more I feel I
should
not be angry about it.
I did not design the stripes, and neither did you.
We both stole the design from the original so I can't claim that you "stole"
anything from me, so if I said that then I apologize.
I have no more right to the design than anyone else does.
I think the thing that was an issue for me is the fact that even after I
begged you,
(I actually drove all the way to your house and begged you)... "please don't
make the
stripes and sell them", that you laughed in my face and told me you were
"going to do it
anyway and that there was nothing I could do about it"..
Up until this point I had invested over $1000 into the project, and you had
not invested
anything so you had nothing to loose.
Not only were you planning on making the stripes but you were going to sell
them
for much less than mine, forcing me to sell off the remaining sets I had for
cost.

It wasn't the money that I was hurt about, a few hundred bucks will not make
or break men like you and I... however the total lack of respect was what
hurt me.
You were very arrogant towards me, and even the brush off of "I am not going
to sell
to you any more, get your parts somewhere else" was not a good attitude or a
smart
business move.

I made the mistake of assuming that we were friends, since we had shared
meals together,
spent many hours on the phone and each other's houses, and even shared the
hotel
room and booths at Pigeon Forge.... I just assumed that we were "friends".
I looked up to you and you were a positive role model for me, and I was
quite
dissapointed to be treated that way by someone I had learned to respect.

I don't think anyone in either a personal or business relationship would
treat their "friends"
this way.....so am I wrong to be upset?

If you have a side of your own story you would like to explain I would like
to hear it.
I am willing to apologize for what I have said in the past, shake hands and
move on.
Are you?

- Videobob

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:55:46 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Floor Mats

I am not sure I have ever actually seen the original mats then,
did the car come with these black mats or were they only for sale as
accesories?

Also, I guess it is where you live but black shows more dirt in Texas since
the dirt is more
like white sand, and the leaves are bright or white colored.
So the gray hides the dirt best around here.

To me, the black seems like a high contrast with the interior, but it's all
preference.
Shit, somebody out there has a puke green interior.... what can you say
about that!
- VB

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:09:22 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: MAJOR UPDATE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social

Hi everyone!  I have been busy working on updating the Mid-Atlantic club
with some great new information.

First off:  It's that time again to renew memberships, but the club now
takes Paypal!  Check out our membership page for details (or the spring
social page to renew/signup)

Secondly:  We have all the details for the spring social set and in
place!  (Make sure you book your hotel before March 16th for the
discounted rate!)  We hope to have 40+ cars there!!!!!!!
You can pre-register for the event online and pre-pay via paypal.  All
the details can be found at:
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm

Hope to see you all there!
Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:04:20 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

We are geeks aren't we - biggest thread of the week is floor mats!

Anyway  - the real, original, concours-correct factory DMC floor mats
are pretty unique. The are wool, they also shed like crazy at least
when new, but the really unique part is that the lettering is dyed-in-
the-wool (I couldn't resist). In other words the fuzzy part is black
with the DMClogo in (or grey) wool with the same texture as the rest
of it. All the aftermarket ones I've seen are simply embrodered
thread on plain black or grey carpeting. Unless someone has come up
with a replacement, which at this point would probably be frightfully
expensive, these have not been reproduced. A lot of people have the
original mats and use them everyday without realizing that they are
pretty irreplaceable.

Also - I have never seen "factory original" mats in other than black.

Dave S (they are still in my car too but I treat them a lot nicer now)

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:59:19 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>
Subject: Car show disappoinment

I know that some of the people on this list enter their car in shows,
so I wanted to share my experience and blow off some steam.

For weeks now I have been looking forward to having my DeLorean in our
local car show. This is only the second car show that I have entered,
the first was a very small one for one day. This show has about 150
cars and runs for 3 days. I went so far as to get two 20x30 posters
made up with some info (which cost me a fortune, but that's another
story!). I made up my own stanchions, I had a small blemish on my
vinal repaired and did a few other fixes. All in anticipation for the
show.

Well today was setup day, so I show up to have my car put inside the
Civic Center. They put my car up against a wall near a dark corner of
a display area. Worse than that, my neighbours are go-cart vendors.
The other cars in the vicinity are all older chevy's and fords.

I was so livid that I couldn't even think straight. The only good that
came out of it was that I only had to clean half the car and I didn't
have to detail the inside because there isn't enough light to show up
any dirt.

I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience but it sure
has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for listening
Max

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:39:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: What the heck is wrong with people?

Well, if you think that is a story I've got one.  Just
last Sunday I was in the shower getting ready for work
and everyone else in the house was gone.  I was
completely alone.  After I turned the water off there
was and extremely loud bang on the bathroom door and I
asked if someone was there but got no answer.  I
proceeded to get dressed because if I was going to
have to defend myself I wasn't going to do it naked.
I searched all of the rooms and found no one, but I
did notice that the keys to my Delorean had been moved
from where I left them and my bedroom door was shut
when I had left it open.  I also discovered the garage
door to be unlocked.  Either I have a poltergeist or
someone was in the house and bolted when they realized
I was in the house too.  Needless to say we lock every
opening to the house now.  It was pretty creepy.

Japheth VIN: 1223

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:30:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Mike, Sorry to hear about your car getting egged. If you don't have access to a garage my advice would be to get a fitted car cover for your DeLorean. It will protect it from the elements and also somewhat disguise the car. I keep a cover on my car even though I have a garage.  Rod 10921

Michael & Denise <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:

Hey gang,
After driving around in my car yesterday running errands I woke up this morning to find that it had been egged. I'm one of the unfortunate folks who doesn't have a garage and as such am forced to park on the street which hasn't been a problem thanks to a great set of neighbors but now I'm wondering what I can do to keep this from happening again. I am not a flashy or flamboyant person and I always try and be respectful of other people's property so stuff like this just baffles me when it happens. When I see a vintage auto that someone has tried to care for I think the owner should be applauded for their efforts-not humiliated by trying to harm their vehicle. I'm sure many others have similar stories and I've read a few in my time on the DML but you always think "that can't happen to me" but unfortunately it probably will. Oh well, at least egg comes off of the stainless steel quite easily!
Thanks for listening while I blew off some steam,

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:38:22 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Bob -

Send me some photos of the mats, and if they look as bad as you say
after a year of use, I'm sure that I can get them replaced under
warranty from our supplier. Your's is the first complaint I've ever
heard on these mats - and we've been selling the same ones for at
least ten years.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:20:14 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com>

If anybody is concerned about excessive wear on their floor mats from
where your feet typically are, get one of those small thin rubber
rectangular floor mats (usually for the rear seats of a sedan) from
any auto parts store and put it where your heels sit.  It fits fine
and will prevent excessive wear on the carpet.  I've found it is
really only necessary for the drivers side as passengers dont have
pedals that dictate where their feet must always be.

BTW, I think the contrast of black floormats with grey interior is
fantastic.  Don't really care too much for grey mats in a grey interior.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:35:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

My car is not a daily driver,  I put around 3,500 miles a year on it. I have had my gray DMC,Texas floor mats for three and a half years and they still look new. Rod 10921

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:20:51 -0500 (EST)
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

VB,

I have factory original floor mats in my car that are just now, (24 years) starting to shed. I have a gray interior with the black floor mats. I think itís a nice contrast to the all gray. But I am sure gray mats would make the car seem brighter and larger.

I am really impressed with the factory mats, they have been tough and durable, this was one reason I never changed mine out. I had considered keeping the originals just for shows. But thanks to the floor mats my carpets underneath look brand new, so you could say the wear and tear on the mats is worth it.

One of the more knowledgeable people among us can probably verify this, but I thought originally all OEM floor mats were black?

Happy motoring!

Dan Haney
Vin 03254 - One of the many Colorado Deloreans

VB wrote:
Everyday there was a huge hairball in the floor where the carpet has come up
from my foot....now there is a bald spot in the middle.
They also warp real bad in the heat.
They look cool, but are not made very well and not worth $150.00.
I have had mine for about a year and with daily driving they are ruined.
DMCH really needs to update these wth a better made carpet.

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:49:21 -0500
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean in GT4 - amazing.

I hope this topic isn't getting way too old, but I own GT4, and let me tell you, it is the best video game out. Being that I am in college right now, my taste in video games is quite excellent.

I own the DeLorean (real and in the game), and the game version is stellar. I have to give props to DMC Houston for making such an excellent stage 2 of the DeLorean.

So this post isn't too long, I'll leave out some of the sweet parts of the game, save for one. The picture mode is amazing, and I have pictures of the DeLorean at the Grand Canyon, Times Square, etc. The best part is, though, you can save the pictures on a flash drive and put them on your computer. The graphics are decent, and aren't pixelated.

If you don't own a PS2, you have a definite reason to purchase.

John Feldman

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:58:33 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

I got a pair of black mats from DMC when I got my D in 1996.  It is a
grey interior car, and had worn grey mats in it (looked pretty good with
the grey, but the black ones looked awesome).

The same mats are in the car still today, and despite the embroidery now
being a bit grungy, they are still in just about new condition. No
complaints on their quality from here.

Michael

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:40:46 -0000
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots

I already have the DeLorean and it is very cool. They even have the
Enkei wheels for sale in the game that I have on my real DeLorean,
plus I lowered it and put a turbo on it like mine. The only
difference is my real DeLorean is around 200 HP and the game one is
427HP!!! I ran a 10.997 1/4 mile! To get it you have to win 1-10
mission races and it isn't hard at all. It is easier than getting
your licenses. Try it out.

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:48:58 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

Excellent job on the web site and the Spring Social page Kevin.

Gary

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:53:55 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

I would disagree and say if you have a gray interior get the black mats for several reasons.  All the original mats were black.  Also as another DeLorean owner pointed out to me who had purchased the gray mats, they show dirt over time unless you go to lengths to keep them clean.  Black obviously doesn't show dirt very easily or wear.  I had the same questions when deciding which to get and opted for the black.  I think the contrast looks much better as well since there are black areas in the car such as on the console and behind the sun visors and so on.  Go with the black they will appear new much longer and hide dirt much better.

Gary

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:36:41 -0500
From: Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>

Videobob wrote:

I bought these floor mats and they LOOK great,
> however they shed like a dog in spring.
> Everyday there was a huge hairball in the floor where the carpet has come up
> from my foot....now there is a bald spot in the middle.

My experience exactly.  They're great for show, but didn't hold up to my
  actually driving the car.
(I considered collecting the hairballs and trying to glue a wad onto the
bald spot!)
Perhaps someone will invent a 'spray on carpet filler' to hide the bald
spots. . . :)
Oliver

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:34:29 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Someone needs to make a DeLorean car cover that makes the car's
silhouette appear to be a minivan.

:)

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:32:13 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

I just assumed my gray floor mats are the original, as I purchased the car
from the original owner with 3K miles on it. When I looked at the car, I
asked if the roof door seals leaked and the owner said he didn't know as he
had nver had it out in the rain and also had never vacuumned the
carpets.......they were spotless and I have a central vacuum with an outlet
by the D and I keep it that way.....I love the looks of them.   With the
doors up and sun shining full on them they  are just like new and
spectacular looking.  I never let them get any spots or dingy looking.    I
have had the car 8 years and have 8K miles on it so that may  be a factor!!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII