From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2494
Date: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:04 PM

1. Millennium Concours tip of the day (license plate light lens)
From: "Grimsrud, Knut S" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

2. Re: Millennium Concours tip of the day (license plate light lens)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: DMCH Floor mats
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Car show disappoinment
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

6. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. RE: Car show disappoinment
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Lifetime Guarantee on Floormats! (was: DMCH Floormats)
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

9. DeLorean Motor Company Opens Southeastern Regional Service and Restoration Center
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:26:53 -0800
From: "Grimsrud, Knut S" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Millennium Concours tip of the day (license plate light lens)

I hope you enjoy the occasional concours tip. Today's tip is one that
has burned quite a few competitors and can be really hard for the owner
to notice due to the nature of the issue.

The white lights above the license plate that illuminate the plate are
not sealed to the elements where the cabling runs back through the rear
fascia. As a result, a car that is driven at all ends up with noticeable
road dust and dirt accumulating on the inside of the lenses. This is
often not that noticeable during cursory inspection, but during the
judging the function of the light is checked by having the owner put the
car into reverse. When the light comes on, the dirt on the inside of the
lens is nicely illuminated for all to see.

Most competitors have probably never had a chance to see this, since if
the car is in reverse, you're probably inside it and not behind it (it
takes great faith for a judge to stand behind a DMC in reverse gear with
a stressed competitor at the wheel). Cleaning the lens is a simple
matter of unscrewing the two Philips screws that hold them in place and
popping them out. Once clean, they'll stay clean for a good while as it
takes some time for road dust to accumulate on the inside of the lens.

            Knut

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:28:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

The engine does not need to be running..  :)

[Knut's reply: Maybe the fact that competitors start the car and rev the engine when I'm back there should be telling me something?]

--- "Grimsrud, Knut S" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:19:42 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH Floor mats

My only issue with the black mats is that I have a white golden
retriever, and somehow the hair ends up all over my black DeLorean
floormats and is a pain to get out.  I have no idea how it happens, it
must be sticking to my shoes, but this is the only complaint I have
with black.  I never let the dog ride in the car, but the floormats
are covered with her hair.

Patrick
1880

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DmcGman_at_dml_c... wrote:

> I would disagree and say if you have a gray interior get the black
mats for several reasons.  All the original mats were black.  Also as
another DeLorean owner pointed out to me who had purchased the gray
mats, they show dirt over time unless you go to lengths to keep them
clean.  Black obviously doesn't show dirt very easily or wear.  I had
the same questions when deciding which to get and opted for the black.
 I think the contrast looks much better as well since there are black
areas in the car such as on the console and behind the sun visors and
so on.  Go with the black they will appear new much longer and hide
dirt much better.

> Gary
>
> <<If you have gray interior, then get the gray mats.
> The blacks just look too high contrast and look wrong to me.
> Maybe if you have black interior it would make sense, but even still
I would
> use the gray.
>
> Now, onto a dfferent argument.... I bought these flor mats and they
LOOK

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:47:55 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Thanks,
hey, could you put up some photos o the mats?
-VB

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:27:26 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Car show disappoinment

Max - With all due respect, what were you expecting?  What kind
of car show was it?

Most car shows have a consistent theme.  If this show has primarily
been for American muscle cars, or basically anything other than
British sports cars, you could hardly expect them to devote prime
real estate to something that is not a primary focus of the show.

-------------- Original message from "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>: --------------

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:45:25 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What the heck is wrong with people?

I have said this a million times....
get a VIDEO CAMERA system, they are cheap.
Even if you hook it up to a regular cheap VCR and use 10 hour tapes.... you
would be
surprised what shennanigans you can catch on tape.
-VB

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:42:46 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I have always hated these types of car shows, because the winners that get
picked never seem to be the same winners than might have been picked if the
"people" were voting.
Besides, to be fair, in reality your car is just a car.
Sure, it is unique but you have not customized it have you?, so what's to
brag about?
They are looking for creativity and craftsmanship.....just because you
cleaned the car
doesn't mean you deserve an award for it.
Have you seen Curtis' car?
That homie has been customizing that car since 1982.
He deserves some awards.

If you want to win some shows other than a DeLorean concourse, then you need
to start doing some fabrication, some special interior, paint, chrome,
whatever.
Otherwise you simply have ...... a DeLorean.

They owe the god spots to the big auto customizers who set up year after
year.
They make big money from these people.
They consider you a "one-timer", your car is basically stock, these other
show cars might have $100,000 worth of chrome on them, that is what sets
them apart.

Also, most likely was that you entered the show towards the end and they
were out of spaces.
Most of these guys who enter the shows are pre-entered for years ahead of
time.
They give the left over vendor spots to people like you.
-VB

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:09:12 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Lifetime Guarantee on Floormats! (was: DMCH Floormats)

I just spoke with our supplier, and these floormats have a LIFETIME
GUARANTEE for the original purchaser - if you're having excessive wear
issues with your floormats that came from DMC (Texas), email me
off-list and I'll get you set up.

Another thing...someone mentioned that it must be a slow week on the
DML if the discussion is this heavily into floormats. It makes sense
that if you have a problem with a product from ANY of the vendors,
contact them first. They will probably be able to solve your problem
quicker if you contact them directly.

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james (at) _at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:52:27 -0600
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: DeLorean Motor Company Opens Southeastern Regional Service and Restoration Center

For all the years since the demise of the original DMC, the DeLorean
community has needed more regional service centers. There are several
regions of the country that have enough owners to support a full-time,
dedicated service facility.

The Southeastern United States is one of those regions. In response to
this demand, Tony Ierardi is opening the first new, DeLorean-exclusive
service center since 1988 next week in South Florida.

Tony is a longtime DeLorean owner and enthusiast. His opening of DMC
(Florida) and will provide DeLorean owners in the Florida, Georgia,
Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and the Carolinas with the ultimate in
quality parts, service, restoration and sales.

"We've been approached many times over the years by individuals and
companies who want to become DeLorean parts sellers - usually Internet
parts sellers - and our response has always been that the DeLorean hobby
needs more service centers, not parts dealers," said Stephen Wynne,
president of DeLorean Motor Company (Texas).

"When Tony came to us last year wanting to open a DeLorean service
center, we knew that we had a winning combination. There are large
number of DeLorean's in the southeastern U.S., particularly in Florida,
and we're quite pleased by the positive reactions from owners who have
received advance notice of the opening," Wynne concluded.

The owner of three DeLoreans, including a concours winner, a daily
driver and the only known surviving prototype, Tony has had a long love
affair with the DeLorean and the story behind it.

"I bought my first DeLorean, which was still new and untitled at the
original dealer in 1994, but first saw a DeLorean in 1981, when I was
13. The dream stuck in my head, and it's been a passion ever since,"
Tony said today.

"We've put together a beautiful, brand-new facility for DeLorean owners
to send or bring their cars, and have spent a great deal of time
undergoing intensive training in the idiosyncrasies of the DeLorean with
the crew in Houston. Whether it be routine service, body repair or a
full-restoration, we're ready to take care of the DeLorean owners in the
region," Tony said.

Other regions are under consideration for expansion, as well. The North
Central U.S., Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California are the most
likely candidates for new DeLorean service facilities.

As the world's largest source for new, new old stock, and reproduction
DeLorean parts, it makes sense that DMC (Texas) is also the largest
service and restoration facility as well. Based in suburban Houston, DMC
(Texas) also sells remanufactured and pre-owned DeLoreans worldwide.

For more information, contact:
Tony Ierardi
tony_at_dml_delorean.com
DeLorean Motor Company (Florida)