From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2495
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:15 PM

1. Re: Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

2. How to make the doors work right???
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

3. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

4. Re: Car show disappoinment
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

5. delorean turbo question
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Golf DMC12 _at_dml_Peterson formerSnyder-Bank
From: "sa_mehn" <sascha.mehn_at_dml_de.ddb.com>

7. Re: DeLorean Motor Company Opens Southeastern Regional Service and Restoration C
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

8. New Pictures of hidden treasures _at_dml_ NBC Universal
From: "sa_mehn" <sascha.mehn_at_dml_de.ddb.com>

9. Another EBAY Scam!!!!
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

10. Re: Car show disappoinment
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

11. Re: Car show disappoinment
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

12. Car fax reports...
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. RE: Another EBAY Scam!!!!
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

14. DeLorean Car Mats
From: "Ray Haug" <haugrd_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. RE: How to make the doors work right???
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

16. Re: How to make the doors work right???
From: "Jim Reeve" <dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com>

17. Mechanic Referal - Washington, DC
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>

18. Re: What the heck is wrong with people?
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:53:56 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Gran Turismo 4 Screenshots

In a message dated 2/25/05 1:08:39 PM Central Standard Time,
dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

> The only
> difference is my real DeLorean is around 200 HP and the game one is
> 427HP!!! I ran a 10.997 1/4 mile! To get it you have to win 1-10
> mission races and it isn't hard at all. It is easier than getting
> your licenses. Try it out.

That's a good thing in my opinion.  In a game like this with tons of hot
cars, if you could get a DeLorean and get at best 250hp out of it after all the
mods, people would say, 'don't get the delorean, that thing is slow and sucks'
when they could have a viper or something else instead.  All that would do is
help make our cars seem inferior to 'real exotics'.  We have been waiting (some
of us anyway) for a real game that has a real DeLorean in it, and luckily
they didn't make it the runt.  In fact, from what I have heard, it appears to be
an aspirational/reward vehicle.  We should be very pleased!!

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:09:48 +0100
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: How to make the doors work right???

Hi group!

My door problem is getting annoying... really annoying. How do I make them
work right?? Here is the situation: if I remove the door seals both doors
work beautifully. Both latches catch at the same time, there is almost no
force required to close the door all the way. Ok, I thought that old and
stiff seals are the problem, so I got some new ones. And now the problem is
even WORST. I really have to slam the door is order to get it to close (real
latch is much worst that the front). I also need to pull the door up as I
pull the door handle for it to open. My previous DeLorean was exactly the
same way.
I'm thinking about getting the door launchers, but in the current situation
it would not work at all.
HOW do I fix this??????? Please help me out, any suggestions are welcome.

BTW, my brand new seal already has a tear at the top rear outer corner....
and I'm really pissed because of that... they are expensive!

I just installed the inner seal at the moment. I did not even try to install
the outer seal, and that would make closing the door even harder.

Thank you all in advance
Tom Niemczewski
jamesik_at_dml_vp.pl
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:46:49 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: What the heck is wrong with people?

Doesn't help if your car is vandalized away from home...

High profile cars attract a lot of attention from the public, not all
of it positive. DeLoreans fall into the high profile category. Within
the past year we've had side windows broken outside bars, stainless
panels keyed in parking lots, etc. I became so concerned about the
interest mine was generating at grad school (night classes) that I
stopped driving it in lieu of a pickup.

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 03:07:37 -0000
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Car show disappoinment

Hey Max,
I know how you feel, I've entered my D in the  Detroit Autorama  THE
BIGGEST CAR SHOW other than the auto show here in Michigan for 3
years straight without a chance all my entries were RETURN TO SENDER
ADDRESS UNKNOW OR UNDELIVERABLE, well I got pissed this year when I
got it back & the address I sent the application to along with a
check for $164.00 was blacked out so I knew the post office didn't
use marker on this. I found out that the guy that runs this show is
about 1 hour away so I hand deliverrd it back to him & told him the
hole story, he told me he was sorry but even now he couldn't do
anything because the show was over booked as it was. so, I didn't do
any thing with my car like clean it up or polish the s.s, The next
thing I know I get 6 exihibiers passes & a day & time to have my car
there 3/3/03 Less than 1 week to clean it up & scuff pad the
stainless + find stantions since my friend sold his, buy carpet,
unload my trailer & get it al together, my friends have all called to
chip in Man word sure gets around when people want tickets for the
show. You just have to remember you have to get your foot in the door
for then to envite you back again.
Best of luck. Lawrence
Vin's 00538m,00915a,4873a

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 05:25:27 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: delorean turbo question

hi.  i am currently thinking about installing a turbo on my delorean
in the next coming months.  i was just wondering if anyone out there
has any advice for me before i get into this little endevor.  also,
does anyone living in the chicagoland area have a.) any experience
in this, and or b.) know any shops around that have done this for
deloreans before.  also, what am i looking at, cost-wise for this
project.

on another note, i was kicking arond the idea of a straight pipe
exaust system.  anyone out there have any advise?

corey

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:18:53 -0000
From: "sa_mehn" <sascha.mehn_at_dml_de.ddb.com>
Subject: Golf DMC12 _at_dml_Peterson formerSnyder-Bank

Dear Friends,

I have just uploaded a couple of fresh pictures of the 24K DMC12.

As I have been at the Peterson Automotive Museum last week - I
catched the opportunity to take some pictures of this rare vehicle -
before the museum was open to the public.....

Yes it is now sitting right in the entrance Hall/ Lobby - not hiding
in the cellar anymore....

Greetings from Beverly Hills/ Berlin

SAM #? stbd

Gallery - EX Snyder AMEX DMC12 -Peterson-

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:28:36 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Motor Company Opens Southeastern Regional Service and Restoration C

I think that's great news.  Having service centers at both ends of the
country seems like a great idea.  Unfortunately I think it would have
been better in the Midwest, for people who can't journey to Texas or
New York, or now Florida to easily have their cars serviced by
DeLorean experts.  I hope in the future maybe we can see more DeLorean
service facilities in more strategic locations as well.  I'd like to
see one in Ohio personally, even though we do have Dave Bauerle who I
understand is very good as well.  But congrats to Tony and to DMCH on
their new venture, I am sure Florida owners will be very pleased.

Patrick
1880

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:28:57 -0000
From: "sa_mehn" <sascha.mehn_at_dml_de.ddb.com>
Subject: New Pictures of hidden treasures _at_dml_ NBC Universal

Dear Friends,

Last weekend I by whatever reason I found myself inside the
Universal Studios of Hollywood CA.

As i got the opportunity to individually tour the area I certainly
looked at the original set of BTTF----period.....

Then I tried to find a original DMC12 used as a prop....

After a while - in a Backlot - hidden under a soaking wet cover - I
found what I was searching for - a poor example of the DMC History...

But maybe there will be better days for this poor fellow :-)

Greetings out of Beverly Hills / Berlin

SAM

Pictures are in the Gallery ->Snyder than ->Poor Universal BTTF2
DMC12 :-)

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:13:28 -0800
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Another EBAY Scam!!!!

Read below....

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:01:56 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

Well I wasn't really expecting to be treated like a king or anything,
I just thought that not many people would normally have a chance to
see a DeLorean in South Dakota. The car show has no theme, there are
your classic cars, sport compacts, custom trucks, muscle cars, some
sprint cars and even a couple of lawn tractors.

The biggest dissapointment is that I think the car looks awesome from
the front with the doors up (that's what everyone wants to see) and
with it up against the wall you just don't see all that. I'll try and
take some pictures today.

Max

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:11:38 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

What do you mean I have nothing to brag about!!! Only Kiding :)
You say there is nothing special about my car and I would agree with
you, but again it is not a Corvette that you see every day of the
week, besides aren't you the one that always says you get people
drooling all over your car everywhere you go. Personally I never get
that.

Do I think I deserve an award, heck no. Like I said before there is no
way a DeLorean can compete against a good paint job and chrome, that's
why Curtis did what he did to his car.

Again I didn't expect to be the star of the show or anything, just not
to be tucked away in some dark corner. I think I should have taken a
page from Dave of project Vixen and put Strobes all over the car :)

Max

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:17:06 -0000
From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Car fax reports...

Hey guys,

>From time to time, people ask if anybody has an account with car fax
to find out the history of their car, or car they are looking to
purchase.  I am currently looking for a friend, and thus have an open
account.  If you want login information to lookup a car, please email
me in private, about any DeLorean, or any other make.  Account is
open for another 28 days.  I'll do my best to get in touch with you
within 12-24 hours of emailing me, and this will be the only time I
will post this offer to the list.

email me at treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com
            treehouse2000us (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,

Tom Porter
Maine, USA

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:08:34 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Another EBAY Scam!!!!

> First, I want you to know that I live in USA, but for the moment
> I'm in England. Two mounths ago my cousin died in a tragic car accident.

I got the same message when this car was offered a month ago. I checked with
Square Trade and they assured me at hat this WAS a SCAM!!!

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:14:02 -0000
From: "Ray Haug" <haugrd_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean Car Mats

DeLorean owners that are considering purchasing replacement floor,
rear deck, or trunk mats for their DeLorean are invited to check out
the high quality luxury car mats in the popular colors that available
at reasonable prices at:

www.DeLoreanMats.com.

All mats are made to order by one of the finest aftermarket car mats
suppliers, Lloyd Mats, under special arrangements with the DeLorean
Owners Association.

Ray Haug, Products/Internet Director
DeLorean Owners Association
www.delorean-owners.org

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:14:23 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: RE: How to make the doors work right???

Hi Tom,
The door seals are probably best installed in the summer time when its nice
and hot. You will need to liberly apply some silicone spray onto the door
seals until they get their set. This will lubricate them and prevent further
tearing. Also, make sure the new seals aren't rubbing on the door overheads.
This causes tearing also.

Dave Sontos

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:02:39 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com>

Tom, you need to sit in the car and watch all areas of the seals as
you slowly bring the door down.  Make notes where the seal is being
caught and folded under.  Then, remove the A and B pillar and the
headliner trim piece.  Now try closing the door again.  If it doesn't
catch on anything (assuming parts of the new seal aren't perminently
deformed yet) then your problem rests on those trim pieces where you
saw them catching.  They would need to somehow be adjusted to allow
the seals some breathing room.  The A/B pillar pieces are vinyl with
foam on the back.  If you re-glued them tighter to the plastic core,
the foam would compress more and they would shrink in size.  For the
headliner, the fiberboard core would need to be trimmed and then
recovered.  This process worked for me.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:46:41 -0000
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Mechanic Referal - Washington, DC

Hey,

I posted a couple weeks ago about a problem with acclerating we
couldn't figure out and this is sort of a followup.

I looked through the database of recommended people but didn't see
anything all that close.  Can anyone recommend a D experienced
mechanic in the Washinton, DC or Northern Virigina area?

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:50:05 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I was over at my friends car audio show, and he was showing me the lastest
getup.
They have two way remotes for the alarm with tiny color screens, the new
thing is the alarm has a tiny video camera in the car that send photos back
to the keychain, and an advanced model actually has a little camera that
drops down and then pans and scans send the pictures back to the keychain.

My point about the video camera system is that if someone had crept in the
house,
he could have founfd out who it was.
I am betting that is was someone he knows who was looking for something in
particular.
Maybe he has a stash of cash in the bedroom?
The tape would reveal who this is.
A good alarm and a video system always helps.
A 125lb Rotti also helps - Mojo would not have let them in quietly.

- VB