From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2500
Date: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:47 AM

1. High Idle, Chapter 99
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>

2. Re: Started my frame-off restoration!
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com

3. Re: Started my frame-off restoration!
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Reminder - Detriot AUTORAMA Cobo arena
From: dmcnews

5. Reproduction Illuminated Key Blanks
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

6. Re: Started my frame-off restoration!
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Reproduction Illuminated Key Blanks
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Delorean Header Specs
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>

9. Re: Started my frame-off restoration!
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. Re: DMC (Florida)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. photo album problem
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

12. Re: High Idle, Chapter 99
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

13. Re: Delorean Header Specs
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 01:54:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>
Subject: High Idle, Chapter 99

I tried my other ECU and Idle speed computers w/o change, but did find
out something else when I checked fuel system pressures.  The pressures
were within tolerances for normal engine thru warm-up, but for some
reason, the idle went up as the system pressure went up thru warm-up
(starting at 900 rpm, ending at 2600 rpm).  Since warm engine idle is
high even with the CIS disconnected, and since the idle cannot be
manually adjusted to a low idle, I'm beginning to suspect that the
control pressure reg might be the problem.

Follwing warm-up, my dwell gauge also showed a wide swing in dwell
(bouncing from 20% to 50%) which I believe would indicate a rich
running condition.

Thanks once again for the input and any further suggestions would be
appreciated.

Woody

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:31:08 -0000
From: nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

Hi,

I have just recently had my frame blasted and powdercoated and had
also concidered all the things you mentioned.
I found a guy who instead of sand used metal grit to blast with which
is a lot more abzasive and did a good job of stripping all the epoxy.
I really drummed it into him that i needed ALL the epoxy off and not
just most of it. I then found a powdercoater that dipped the frame in
a rust preventative solution prior to coating and once again stressed
to him that he must get his powder coat in all the holes and cracks.
Once i got the frame back and before i started to re-assemble it i
bought some fish oil ( a rust preventative coating ) and sprayed it
inside all the parts of the frame that are not easily accesable later.

Best of luck and it took me twice as long and cost twice as much as i
thought as it seems a crime to put old parts back on a new frame.

Cheers Nick 10927

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:44:38 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

There's an important note here in the last line of Nick's post. I
can't imagine doing a "2-weekend frame swap" and just using all the
old parts over (pre-staging a re-done frame is a different issue, and
a great idea if you can't stand the idea of keeping your car off the
road for a long time and have the resources). The "while I'm in
there" bug will certainly bite.

Once you get it apart, you'll see that if the frame is bad so is a
ton of other stuff. And you'll want to spend time cleaning and
detailing every part. And since the engine is so accessible, it's a
great time for degreasing, doing exhaust gaskets, pan gasket, etc
etc. Powdercoating suspension parts, replacing ball joints, etc. Then
there's that all-stainless fuel line set, a new radiator and so on.
Budget 2X the $$ and 5X the time you think it will take!

Dave S (still working on #2466 - engine is out and now looks like
new!)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, nicholden_at_dml_y... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just recently had my frame blasted and powdercoated and had
> also concidered all the things you mentioned.
[snip]

Date: 1 Mar 2005 15:02:18 -0000
From: dmcnews
Subject: Reminder - Detriot AUTORAMA Cobo arena

Detriot  AUTORAMA  Cobo arena

Date: Friday, March 4, 2005
Time: 10:00AM EST (GMT-05:00)

Detroit's Biggest Auto Show of dragsters,funny cars,fuel cars
race cars,antique car,vintage cars. my Delorean will BE THERE
Vin00538

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:40:17 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Reproduction Illuminated Key Blanks

DMC (Texas) had the regular molded head keyblanks done a couple years
ago, and have gotten the illuminated key blanks quoted. I'm hoping to
have them made them later this year, retail about $25-$30, for both
early and late key systems. Is there a demand for this style key at
this price?

We have some pre-cut early style door lock keys here, if you know the
key code. These keys are incomplete, just being the "key half" without
the DMC logo half/button or battery and internals.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:07:38 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Dave,
I am the one that mentioned the "2 weekend" frame swap.  While I know
there will be items I want replaced while I'm in there....alot of
those items have already been replaced.  I've already had my engine
and transmission out to be degreased and new gaskets put in.  I've
already had a ton of stuff replaced on my car to make it mechanically
great.  Its just that my frame sucks.  I'm sure my frame swap will
take longer than expected, hopefully not into months though.

Take it easy!
Erik

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:38:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Reproduction Illuminated Key Blanks

James,

If you can get the keys for vin numbers below 3300 or
so (mine is 3299), I would take a set easily.  I would
love to get the light back in the key again - that
would look really nice.  Any possibility that there is
a LED light that would fit the door key for a 2 key
system?  I'd prefer to have a LED light rather than a
regular bulb.  Never hurts to ask.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:12:59 -0000
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>
Subject: Delorean Header Specs

Does anyone know the specs for the DMCH and the DMCUK headers?
Runner length, tube ID and OD, collector size?  Thanks

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:14:21 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Actually there have been a couple of comments about fast frame swaps recently.

I was not intenting to critique you in particular, it was more a
commentary on "feature creep" and what to expect in terms of time and
money. Assuming your are as geeky as the rest of us, it's pretty hard
to resist upgrading/cleaning/painting a lot more stuff once it's
apart....(or the dark side - finding some stuff that's really bad that you didn't expect).

I'm running into the same thing on my quick clean-up project car,
which is pretty wierd on a car I'll probably sell relatively quickly.

Dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_y...>

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:42:49 -0800 (PST)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC (Florida)

Tremendously glad to hear THAT!

I had more than my fair share from that Jag Shop

I will certainly look up Tony in the near future!

Tony <DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been asked if my venture with DMC (Texas) has anything to do with

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:06:58 -0000
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: photo album problem

ADMIN NOTE - The photo album was full because someone uploaded about 10 meg of files all at once. It has been cleared and should work again. The photos of the gold car and univeral BTTF car will be move to www.dmcnews.com shortly....dave

I'm having problems with photo album I keep getting this errors.
here's what I keep
getting.
 Error GROUP_CHECK
gpg12.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK .
Lawrence

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:40:49 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: High Idle, Chapter 99

Just fuel or air would kill the engine. I still suspect the throttle
plates are open or the idle speed motor is not functioning
correctly. Have you checked to be sure that somehow the wires
connected to the idle motor did not get switched? One opens the
motor another other closes it - the other is a common.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 02:05:09 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Header Specs

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_t...> wrote:

> Does anyone know the specs for the DMCH and the DMCUK headers?
> Runner length, tube ID and OD, collector size?  Thanks
I ahve the system from the uk and i think its awesome..i dont know the specs
though the headers are much more simplistic than houstons.. though i have
the system without cats.. plus its solid stainless..Dave. vin 15275