From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2505
Date: Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:12 AM

1. shocks
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

2. Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:44:34 -0500
From: "Bill Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: shocks

Rodney,

Years ago I had the front end of my D lowered by cutting the front springs.
I then put a set of Bilstein shocks on the front.  The car rode like a
truck.

Before going to the DCS in Memphis I put on a set of Rob Grady's new front
springs and a set of his new shocks all around.  The results were amazing.
NO More Truck ride and the car handled much better than it ever did.

I would highly recommend using one of the Vendors springs and shocks.  They
have done the homework and research for you.  When I lowered my car in 1982
or 83, there were no major parts vendors  around that I knew of so I was on
my own at that point.

Don't take me wrong, it's fine to experiment but sometimes it's better to
listen to the voice of experience (not mine, but that of the Vendors).

Bill Lane

Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:36:18 -0000
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>
Subject: Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

How does one go about tuning the K-Jet ECU for a Lambda less than
1.0?  Greg, you mentioned that the Lambda controller could be
adjusted for both best performance and emmissions (with the flip of a
switch).  I like the idea of the closed-loop system, especially at
the altitude I drive at but would also like to be able to take
advantage of engine performance modifications.  Any advice on the
procedure to get a closed-loop Lambda of 0.89 - 0.86 that could be
set back to 1.0?  There will not be a catalytic converter involved.
Thanks, Rick