From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2518
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:46 PM

1. Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle
From: "dmc3989" <dmc3989_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

3. Re: Retrofitting Throttle Enrichment Circuit
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>

4. Troubleshooting HVAC vaccumn controls
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

5. Deans List 2005
From: "R / R" <chach4_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:05:06 -0000
From: "dmc3989" <dmc3989_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle

Hey Guys here's another couple questions I've came up with that im
sure you'll have an answer to:
1.) I would like to bleed the air out of the coolant system but have
been unable to figure out how to do so. If anyone has any insight it
would be much appreciated.
2.) When I start my car, I have ignition and startup with no
problems but during oh, the first five minutes that the engine is
running the engine idles somewhat oddly, increasing and decreasing
in a what I would call a cycling manner. It is somewhat hard to
describe but after this about five minute period the car will idle
perfect no problem. I am wondering what may be causing this
situation (taking a stab in the dark im thinking maybe a sensor
issue) and maybe some of you have had the same experience.

If anyone has any input, as always It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:06:46 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social

Reminder.....

Time is almost up to book your hotel room for the Delorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social.  The discount rate will expire on March 16th, and then go up $30 if you book after that date.  Hurry and get your room reserved today if you plan to stay overnight!

Also, Details on the event can be found at:
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm

This is going to be a great event that you wont want to miss out on!  Hope to see you there...

Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:51:30 -0000
From: "Rick" <rdevaux_at_dml_titan.com>
Subject: Re: Retrofitting Throttle Enrichment Circuit

Greg, Thanks for the reply.  How does the later CPR fuel enrichment
compare to the grounding of pin 11?  I have a few of the CPRs used on
the later B28E set ups (018 and 038).  I'm currently running a 004
with no enrichment function other than warm up.  I'm still trying to
figure out the best route to go. I think the WOT is pin 7.  Is it
possible to use an enrichment capable CPR and a throttle enrichment
circuit together or is that redundant?   How fast does the Lambda
loop react when one floors the accelerator?  What parts are needed
for the pin 11 enrichment system?  Thanks for your patience, Rick

 It can be
> further combined with the WOT input (the pin current number
currently escapes me at the moment) to gain even more. You can easily use this
> pin for accel enrichment via a differential pressure switch
measuring intake tract vacuum and venting through a calibrated orifice. Volvo
> later went this route and it beats using the CPR any day.
 Contact me if you need part numbers or more help.

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:57:33 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Troubleshooting HVAC vaccumn controls

List,

I need some assistance with the HVAC controls. I took a hand vaccumn
pump and tested everything today, also traced out all of the vaccumn
connections according to the workshop manual and everything is as it
should be. But I still have a problem:

All A/C positions work just fine - flaps move, air comes out the vents
like it should. However, "vent" comes out the floor, and "heater" and
"defrost" both come out the defrost vent on the dash. Also, there
appeared to be no air exchange at all when I switched between "heater"
and "defrost". Vaccumn gauge didn't move and I didn't hear a thing,
unlike when changing to the rest of the positions.

I rebuilt my mode switch when I bought the car last year, which
enabled the partial mixed-up functionality I explained above. Before
that it was very leaky and nothing worked well. However, I had to glue
the switch back together, as the tabs on the plastic back piece that
hold the whole thing together were broken. I'm positive I put it back
together properly and got a good seal, and the little maze didn't look
damaged to me, but perhaps I missed something.

What do you think? Should I replace the mode switch? Or could there be
another problem?

Looking at the diagram on N:08:15, "A/C Norm" and "Vent" both actuate
the same diaphrams: They release vaccumn on position 3 (recirc/water
valve) and enable vaccumn on position 5 (top mode/face level vent).
Since this works as advertised on "A/C Norm" but not on "Vent", I'm
inclined to believe the diaphrams, tubing, etc, are just fine, and the
problem is indeed in the mode switch. But I'd like some more opinions
before I throw a new mode switch at it.

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:15:16 -0600
From: "R / R" <chach4_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Deans List 2005

Today's Chicago Tribune (3/13/2005) had the 2005 Dean Kruse's "Deans
List" of collectible cars and today's values.

Top spot was the 1959-61 Ferrari Test Rossa Race Car at $4-6
Million..yes that's 6 ZEROS!!!!!! followed by the 1970 CUDA Convertible
at $1.5-2 Million .....all the way to a 1960 Volkswagen Vanagon "Love
Bus"at a mere $3,500 - $15,000 ...chump change.

Also mentioned was the following :

Noted auctioneer Dean Kruse also had a few things to say about
contemporary cars. " The best new cars to collect will be the high
performance Mustangs, the Ford GT, and the new Pontiac Solstice." he
said. And the cars to avoid? "Bricklins and Deloreans are holding their
values because both have large owner clubs, but neither car will ever be
worth $100,000."

I guess for Dean............ $100K is chump change??????

Rick 15990