From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2520
Date: Monday, March 14, 2005 9:49 PM

1. Re: Removing old fuel hoses?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
From: "silverdelorean2002" <jon_at_dml_jonbrodi.com>

3. Re: Front Coil Spring Removal
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

4. Re: Early door lock removal
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. More on Headlights...
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:27:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Removing old fuel hoses?

The fuel hoses look worse than they really are. The outer covering
disintegrates and falls off in chunks. Underneath you will see the
white braid. There are other layers under that. The rubber outer
covering is just there to protect the braid. You can finish removing
the outer, rubber cover with your fingers and then carefully and
neatly wrap the hoses with electrical tape. If you just HAVE to
replace the hoses they do unscrew with wrenches. Under no
circumstances twist the hoses and metal pipes!!!!!! If you do you will
damage the metal pipes that the hoses attach to and then you have to
lift the body to replace them. Soak the fittings with WD-40 or
something. Turn the nuts, not the hoses or metal pipes. After you get
the nut loose the hose will still be stuck on the pipe. Carefully and
gently work the hose back and forth, it will eventually pop loose.
Keep everything clean, do not allow dirt to enter the connections.
When tightening the hoses up make sure they curl correctly, you do not
want them to kink. BTW the fittings on the ends of the hoses do not
come off, there are no clamps with the origional hoses. When done be
very certain there are NO fuel leaks. One of the hoses is under high
pressure and the slightest leak will cause fumes.

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:51:25 -0000
From: "silverdelorean2002" <jon_at_dml_jonbrodi.com>
Subject: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE

Headlight covers for the Delorean have been unavailable for
nearly 15 years. Now they are finally here, only more durable
and even more stylish. IDORB Industries has faithfully reproduced
this once rare item. Through the use of Polycarbonate Plastics
these headlight covers can resist scratches and are nearly
indestructable.The velcro that was once used to secure the covers to
the headlights would often wear out and cause the cover to fall off.
Through the use of Hide-A-Way Dura-Loc adhesive fasteners this is no
longer a problem. Covers are made to fit flush with the front fascia
unlike others in the past where they would stick out beyond the
headlights causing them to flap while driving. Covers are available
in smoke and very soon mirror and clear. Give your delorean the
style accent it needs.

GO TO
ViewItem&item=4535846279

To get yours today

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:12:20 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Front Coil Spring Removal

As with Martin's comment, I saw a similar removal last weekend
in about 2 minutes with the use of a cutting torch.  As Martin
said, the key is to leave everything bolted up and "captive"
while the spring cutting is being done.

Other than re-using a dozen old OEM Delorean springs on the
Monster Garage GT40 Rock Crawler, I have not found another use
for old OEM Delorean springs and many are discarded when they
are being upgraded.  Cutting them down before removal is very
good idea and is much safer if you do not have the proper tool
to remove the springs safely.

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:34:51 -0800 (PST)
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Early door lock removal

Phil,

The metal portion of the lock is pressed into the
black plastic.  The black plastic retaining ring has
three little 'feet' inside the door that are pushed
aside when the metal portion of the lock is pushed
into place.  When the lock is fully seated, the little
plastic feet snap into the back portion of the lock,
holding it firmly in place.

To remove without damage, you will need two or three
right angle picks.  After removing the door cover, you
can see the inside of the lock.  Work the picks under
each foot and pry each up.  Once you have them up, use
a screwdriver to push against the metal portion from
the inside and it will come out.  Be very careful
while doing all this, since every little edge of the
SS will cut like the dickens and you will have to have
both hands inside the door at the same time.

If this is not clear, contact me at (662) 349-4434 and
I will try to explain better.  If you are close to
Memphis, I can take them out for you---no charge.

Mike    TPS

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:14:59 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: More on Headlights...

I remember long ago seeing 1 piece headlights from a different car
that fit in the headlight space on the DeLorean. Anyone recall which
car these 1 piece headlights are from? Anyone experiment with 1 piece
headlights? The stock lights aren't that bad, but aren't that good...I
just would like to update the look, make it look different. Any ideas?
-----Dani B. #5003