From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2521
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:26 PM

1. Original key blank needed
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Purchasing door seals, where to buy?
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

3. Re: More on Headlights...
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

4. Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: The FV
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: Original key blank needed
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. Re: Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

8. RE: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: More on Headlights...
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. AC for the coming year.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

11. Re: More on Headlights...
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

13. Re: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

14. Re: Re: Original key blank needed
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. St. Patrick's Day Parade
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:32:24 -0500
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Original key blank needed

Hey everyone,

  This morning I wake up to see that my dog has chewed my original DMC
key that was sitting on the table.  The 24 year old rubber was no
match and is now shot.  I know I can get replacement blanks from the
vendors but I would also like to replace the original key with another
original key.

  Does anyone out there have an ORIGINAL key blank?  I am not
interested at all in the new remade blanks.  I know this may be a
hard-to-find item but there has to be a few out there.  Someone please
help me.  This was my ONLY original key and now it's half-mangled.
Thank you.

-Aaron Crocco
VIN 5591
NY Plate: OUTATYM

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:04:58 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Purchasing door seals, where to buy?

Where is the best place to purchase door seals? I need both inners and
outers on both doors.

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:43:13 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: More on Headlights...

It was a Mazda headlight from the mid 80s,

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:36:54 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE

I would not want to discourage anyone from buying headlight covers,
and I think they can compliment the look of the car but in some
juristictions anything covering the headlights, like license plate
frames, is illegal. Most police do not make a big deal out of it
anymore but it is something to consider. The other point is that
things like this are usually very easy to steal. Make sure you save
the bill so if anything should happen you have something to show the
insurace company. At the very least they will protect the headlamps
from rock damage.

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:53:58 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: The FV

Do a quick check of the connections on the FV. These often lose some
continuity from moisture - it looks weather tight but it is not.

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:50:50 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Original key blank needed

Aaron,

About ten years ago, when I bought my first DeLorean, I wanted an
original key blank, too. after much searching I found a place that had
"a few" and I bought one from them for $70 or so. Whether or not they
still have any, I have no idea. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.jessersclassickeys.com/

I will say that if you buy one of our $12.95 repro key blanks, the
odds are very good that it will stand up to your dog. The platic head
is significantly harder than the soft originals. I'll even go so far
to say that if you buy one of our repro key blanks, and your dog DOES
chew it up, I'll replace it for free. :-)

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2164&Qty=1&ShowCart=true

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:51:27 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle

For the bleeding there are several aftermarket kits. Why do you
think you need to bleed? If the coolant is recirculating into the
coolant bottle then look at Service Bulletin ST-09-10/82. It is a
good idea to have the front of the car lower that the rear (like a
curb height) to get every bit of air out.

As for the idle when cold, there are few D's that will idle
completely stable at a cold start. Usually the colder it is the more
likely the "hunt" for the idle speed. Basically the idle speed motor
just can't react fast enough. Since the engine is "tuned" at
operating temperature - as the engine gets cold sensors turn on some
turn off the fuel pressure regulator bi-metal arm contracts, etc. In
short, lots of things change. Continuity of components is lost. That
is not to say that something may be out of adjustment or faulty if
things do not stabilize after a minute or so (usually when the bi-
metal arm in the fuel pressure regulator warms up) - but, some hunt
is perfectly normal. You may be able to get the hunt to slow by
changing engine speed with a tap of the gas peddle.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:17:17 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yeah.... nothing protects a $10 bulb like a $100 cover.
makes sense to me.

I am glad that they are making the covers, because I love to see more
accesories
for the car floating around as it encourages people to make them their own,
but wouldn't these covers block a lot of the light and make you have a dim,
tinted yellow
light pattern?
-VB

>From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: DMC Delorean  Headlight Covers NOW AVAILABLE
>Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:36:54 -0000
>

>I would not want to discourage anyone from buying headlight covers,
>and I think they can compliment the look of the car but in some
>juristictions anything covering the headlights, like license plate
>frames, is illegal. Most police do not make a big deal out of it
>anymore but it is something to consider. The other point is that
>things like this are usually very easy to steal. Make sure you save
>the bill so if anything should happen you have something to show the
>insurace company. At the very least they will protect the headlamps
>from rock damage.
>David Teitelbaum
>vin 10757

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:32:41 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

My recollection was that it was a mid-80s Nissan Maxima. It fit well,
no idea if it actually aimed well.

Dave S

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:58:46 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: AC for the coming year.

Group,
A lot of us will be getting our cars ready for spring and summer. I
wanted to announce we now have a complete brand new AC system.
Compressor, Accumulator, evap cores, condensor cores, and new
Goodyear compressor hoses that will work with R12 and R134. We also
have all the fittings and connections and can make up the hoses with
R12 or R134 or can use adaptors.
We can serve it any way you want it with new high quality new parts.
Were are also offering a 2 season warranty. Let me know what you
need and I will have it made as well as making it. Also, for all of
you early vin cars with the hose off the bottom of the accumulator,
while other were saying no stock, we went and had them made.
Let me know If I can help you before summer gets here.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/AC-Cooling.html

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:29:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

A number of lights have been tried.  Mazda, perhaps,
Nissan for sure (couldn't get the light pattern where
it belonged), etc.

The most successful headlight transplant is from the
Chevy Citation (1992-1990).  Several of these have
been done.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:07:02 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

I have a concern about the smoked covers. They have to cut down the
light output significantly, don't they?

I'd be interested in buying a set, but only if they transmit 100% of
my light. Is this like a special one way material, or is it just
smoked plastic? If it's the latter, it sounds like a safety problem to me.

-Ryan

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:08:55 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

I have all the old DeLorean World mags and peoplel advertised headlight
covers as well as tailight.   One that particularly took my fancy had three
shades of tint.....well, one was clear and two smoked.....the lighter smoked
one was said to only be 5 per cent less transparency than NOTHING and was
legal, however I thought the darker one looked a lot nicer.  It also had a
quite small chrome DeLorean sign on one corner.   I wonder if these new ones
will be similar.
I have not bothered to dig out the old ads yet.
Murray
Vin:  05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:22:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Original key blank needed

Aaron, I have owned two DeLoreans, both were the single key system. My origional keys for both cars had small hairline cracks where the key cut left the most narrow strip of metal. I was always afraid the origional keys would break at the cracked area so I had new keys cut using COLE Volvo X29 blanks. That key never cracked where the origional keys did. Now that DMC Texas, has reproduction keys available I have bought two of them and I have been using one for several years and it still looks new.  I only use the origional keys as patterns to cut new keys. Rod VIN 10921

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:18:10 -0000
From: "media1524" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: St. Patrick's Day Parade

Hi Group,

I entered the local St. Patrick's Day Parade in York, PA on
Saturday.  York is a small city snd I was the only DeLorean entered.
The only decoration I put on the car was a sign that said "MADE IN
IRELAND".  I had a great time and I walked away with third place in
the Antique Vehicle class.

Brent Lundgren