From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2527
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:52 PM

1. Re: JZD
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

2. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: DeLorean5000_at_dml_comcast.net

3. Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. RE: R12A
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Now 119.99
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

6. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

7. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

8. JZD
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. John DeLorean
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

10. Sad News
From: Eric <usenet23_at_dml_c4ever.com>

11. John DeLorean dies at 80
From: "Mike Assad" <mike.assad_at_dml_comcast.net>

12. A moment of reflection
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

13. public visitation for JZD...
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

14. Truly a sad day for all of us
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Passing of John Zachary De Lorean
From: "R... V.W." <phaedradolly_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. JDZ Guestbook
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net>

17. Automaker DeLorean dies
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

18. Prayers From Ireland
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

19. Please read
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

20. JZD belongs to the ages!
From: <bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil>

21. JZD Tribute
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

22. Re: public visitation for JZD...
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

23. Re: JZD Tribute
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>

24. Car Developer John DeLorean Dies at 80
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

25. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: rod rael <rodrael1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:43:21 -0800
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>
Subject: Re: JZD

To clear up what happened yesterday in regards to my site's forum.

I erased the previous thread referred to in this post on my forum because I
did not find it appropriate to be discussing John's
health without consent from his family. The information that was posted on
my forum was from a third party source that was disclosing
information that I found to be of a sensitive manner and not meant to be
disclosed with the public. The new thread that has been
posted on my forum is locked and reads as follows:

I have erased the previous thread on this issue and would like to
encourage us to withhold any thoughts on John until we hear more
from his family. The news that has been posted on this forum in the
intended to be shared with the general public. For this reason, I
wish to maintain a certain amount of discretion and respect for the
DeLorean family and the pain they are going through right now.

Once we hear some official news that was meant to be shared with the
public, then the forum can be used as an arena to give our thanks to
John and our condolences to his family.

Regards,
Tamir

> [Moderator Note: Today the DML has been FLOODED with many rumors about the
condition of John DeLorean.  As we have had two reports from people who are
in a position to know, I have rejected the rumors.  Please do not post
rumors about something so personal as life and death, and have confidence
that substantiated news will come through as soon as it is available.  -
Mike Substelny, DML Moderator of the week]

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:53:13 +0000
From: DeLorean5000_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: Re: Blue Book Value

Nonsense,
Harry, by your own remarks you very well could win a Concours.  Read the manual and think about it.  If your car is truly flawless the average winning score is not a 300 perfect.  Far from it I would say.  Around 280 points +-4 is the winner.  You can easily unplug your Zillas and plug in all the original modules in just a few minutes.  Take the few points for non-original springs and shocks, which I wouldn't think could add up to a total of 20 points and you are right there with the other competitors.  Don't count yourself out, they are still looking for competitors for the Houston event.

Darren Decker

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:20:57 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value

Having a Concours winner and a custom (Yellow) DeLorean has given me
an interesting perspective on this.

I have been given seriously higher offers for my custom D than I
probably would ever get for my Concours D.  But yet I still think
that the Concours cars "help" set the pricing for the marque.  I know
of Concours cars that have been "upgraded" and still sold for a
premium price because of their Concours status.

That said, I still cant imagine paying 60K + for a refurb west coast
car, but they do sell them.

Ron

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:22:20 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: R12A

Mark, Robert and group.
I'm not trying to make a case for Freeze 12, but have you read their web
site front page. I have used it for years in my cars and had no problems.
They say they are EPA accepted.
John Hervey
http://www.freeze12.com/

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:11:08 -0800
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Now 119.99

Hi Murray and others interested in these covers.

I will be receiving a set from the supplier within the next week and will
post detailed picture on my site in the Site Shop section showing the new
fasteners and answering all questions on fit and finish, easiness of
removal, etc.  Please check the site for more details in the next week or
so.

Regards,
Tamir
http://www.entermyworld.com

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:28:28 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Not all of the cars I mentioned are all concours
condition, either.  There are lots of Mustangs
that get driven daily, lots of Corvettes, too.
Not many Cobras, as they have become
valuable enough to support a very good
clone industry.

-------------- Original message from "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>: --------------

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:31:48 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Concours judging does not establish a value for
anything.  It does establish a benchmark for condition
and originality.  The market determines value - it
always has and it always will.

-------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>: --------------

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:42:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: JZD

Associated Press reported 20 minutes ago that John has
died.  In Living the Dream we have the opportunity to
help make his ultimate legacy one of an innovative
automaker and perhaps help to erase the "scandal" so
often associated with his name.

Dick Ryan
The Dream Lives
Live the Dream

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:03:00 -0500
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: John DeLorean

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/20/news/newsmakers/delorean_obit/index.htm?section=money_latest

His life may be over but his dream & legacy live on.

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:09:25 -0600
From: Eric <usenet23_at_dml_c4ever.com>
Subject: Sad News

JZD passes away.

Eric

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:36:19 -0000
From: "Mike Assad" <mike.assad_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: John DeLorean dies at 80

Car Developer John DeLorean Dies at 80
By JEFFREY GOLD, Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. Mar 20, 2005  John Z. DeLorean, an innovative automaker
who left a promising career in Detroit to develop the short-lived
gull-winged sports cars featured as a souped-up time travel machine in
the "Back to the Future" movies, has died. He was 80.

DeLorean died Saturday at Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J., of
complications from a recent stroke, said Paul Connell, an owner of
A.J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors in Royal Oak, Mich., which was
handling arrangements.

DeLorean was among just a handful of U.S. entrepreneurs who dared
start a car company in the last 75 years. Nearly all faded away, but
his crashed spectacularly amid drug charges.
Top Stories

A Detroit native, DeLorean "broke the mold" of staid Midwestern auto
executives by "going Hollywood," and pushed General Motors Corp. to
offer smaller models, auto historians said.

While at GM, he created what some consider the first "muscle car" in
1964 by cramming a V-8 engine into a Pontiac Tempest and calling it
the GTO, fondly dubbed the "Goat" by auto enthusiasts.

DeLorean was a rising if unconventional executive at GM who many
believe was destined for its presidency before he quit in 1973 to
launch the DeLorean Motor Car Co. in Northern Ireland. Eight years
later, the DeLorean DMC-12 hit the streets.

Its hallmarks, such as an unpainted stainless steel skin and the
gull-wing doors, have been ignored by mainstream automakers. The
angular design, however, earned it a cult following, and the car was a
time-traveling vehicle for Michael J. Fox in the popular "Back to the
Future" films of the late 1980s.

Bu the factory produced only about 8,900 cars in three years,
estimated John Truscott, membership director of the DeLorean Owners
Association. That figure is dwarfed by the major automakers, who sell
more than a million vehicles a month.

DeLorean's company collapsed in 1983, a year after he was arrested in
Los Angeles, accused in a sting of conspiring to sell $24 million of
cocaine to salvage his venture.

DeLorean used an entrapment defense to win acquittal on the drug
charges in 1984, despite a videotape in which he called a suitcase
full of cocaine "good as gold."

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:41:04 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: A moment of reflection

Today John Z. DeLorean, creator of the namesake automobile that we
own and cherish passed away today. He was 80 years old.

I feel fortunate to own a small piece of his vision.

Rich Acuti

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:33:04 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: public visitation for JZD...

http://obit.desmondfuneralhome.com/obit_display.cgi?id=198536&listing=Current

I'm taking the car...looks to be about a 5 hour drive from here.  We'll
be caravaning, I'm sure...so anyone who wants to join in...send me an
e-mail off list.  (jhaldeman(AT)fuse.net)

Thanks, and rest in peace John.

-Josh

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:49:17 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Truly a sad day for all of us

I know Im not the first to chime in on this but I feel the need to
extend my condolences to the group and Mr DeLorean's family and GTO
owners everywhere. The man was the best of the best.The likes of
which will never be seen again.
  If there is a motorcade to be formed in his honor I would really
like to be a part of it.
Harry Dounis Vin #2696

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:51:09 -0800 (PST)
From: "R... V.W." <phaedradolly_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Passing of John Zachary De Lorean

I can't believe it Iam so sad and depressed., I'm sure you all know by now that our our car inventor has died due to complications after a stroke in a New Jersey hospital. The story is on Yahoo front page.

i just heard on the radio over here in California about 1030 ish Pacific time.  I condole the
De Lorean family and all friends about this very sad news.

phaedradolly

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:51:59 -0500
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net>
Subject: JDZ Guestbook

The funeral home has an online guest book
http://obit.desmondfuneralhome.com/guestbook.cgi?id=198536&task=add_form&listing=Current

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:18:40 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: Automaker DeLorean dies

Automaker DeLorean dies

Developed futuristic-looking car in the 1980s that was a notable marketing
failure.
March 20, 2005: 1:47 PM EST

ATLANTA (CNN) - John DeLorean, who developed the futuristic-looking
sportscar that captured the country's attention during the early 1980s but
ultimately proved to be a marketing failure, has died. He was 80.
DeLorean's death was confirmed by Tom Domlovil, a funeral director at A.J.
Desmond & Sons, in Troy Mich.
Paul Connell, an owner of Desmond and Sons, said the Royal Oak, Mich.,
office is handling the arrangements. Connell said DeLorean died Saturday at
the Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J., from complications from a stroke.
A spokeswoman for the hospital would not confirm the death.
Click here for more newsmakers.
DeLorean's gull-winged car, which bore his name, was used as the time
machine in the "Back to the Future" movies.

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:48:21 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Prayers From Ireland

The Delorean owners in Ireland, North and South are today Joined not only in our love of the DMC-12 but in prayers for John Delorean.

We had all been in the thinking that someday we would meet the "legend" that was John, and now that that can no-longer be we are all united in keeping his dream alive in Ireland.

We are organising a get together in the next week to show the people of Ireland that we still hold much love for these timeless cars.

Alistair McCann
Proud that "MY OTHER CARS A DELOREAN"

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:52:55 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Please read

I actually just found out about John this afternoon since I was busy today.
My sympathay goes out to the family.

Katherine and I spoke today and rather than repeat things everything you need
to know is on Tamirs site.

Tomorrow, Monday she will give me an address to send things to if you want
to.

I do plan to be at the visitation Wedensday.

Kathryn is not discouraging you bringing your DeLoeans but I do not plan to
bring mine.
There is also a rumor going around that I am putting together a caravan and a
bunch of DeLoreans.  Since I just found out about this 20 minutes ago I have
nothing to do with this and would not plan such a thing until I had talked to
the family first.  So this caravan that people have left me 40 voice mails on
is NOT my doing.  I do not know where this started but please do not put words
in my mouth.

This will probably be my last post on this.

John we will miss you

Ken  Koncelik

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:20:25 -0600
From: <bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil>
Subject: JZD belongs to the ages!

DML'ers,

   I just saw on fox news that John DeLorean passed away today at age 80. On behalf of my family and those of us who thought so highly of John I would like to pass along our deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers to his family.

My son and I were honored to meet both John & and his daughter at Ken's Cleveland car show back in 2000. JZD was a delight to meet. He was personable, enthusiastic and patient with all the requests the car show crowd made for signatures, pictures & demands on his time.

Those of us who own a "DeLorean" will always have a piece of his futuristic handy work
to admire and reflect back on his amazing accomplishments. A man of vision, courage and focus. He conceived,designed and built one of the most unique cars of our time. His dream is now a part of so many other peoples life.

Bill Schafer

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:07:56 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: JZD Tribute

I have updated the DMA website with a tribute to Mr. Delorean.
If you like, feel free to use the image on your websites.

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:11:12 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Re: public visitation for JZD...

It says "private" so I dont know if teh family wants cars tehre or not.

I am willing to participate if we are allowed.  Keep me posted of the
details

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:37:16 -0500
From: Aaron Crocco <acrocco_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: JZD Tribute

nicely done.  He will be missed.

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:32:50 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: Car Developer John DeLorean Dies at 80

Mar 20, 1:59 PM EST

Car Developer John DeLorean Dies at 80
By JEFFREY GOLD
Associated Press Writer

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- John Z. DeLorean, the innovative automaker who left a
promising career in Detroit to develop the short-lived gull-winged sports
cars featured as a souped-up time travel machine in the "Back to the Future"
movies, has died. He was 80.
DeLorean died late Saturday at Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J., of
complications from a recent stroke, said Paul Connell, an owner of A.J.
Desmond & Sons Funeral Directors in Royal Oak, Mich., which was handling
arrangements.
"Obviously, we're deeply saddened by the passing of an incredible, talented
car person and loving family member," said DeLorean's nephew, Mark DeLorean.
[...]
But the factory produced only about 8,900 cars in three years, estimated
John Truscott, membership director of the DeLorean Owners Association. That
figure is dwarfed by the major automakers, who sell more than a million
vehicles a month.
DeLorean's company collapsed in 1983, a year after he was arrested in Los
Angeles, accused in a sting of conspiring to sell $24 million of cocaine to
salvage his venture.
DeLorean used an entrapment defense to win acquittal on the drug charges in
1984, despite a videotape in which he called a suitcase full of cocaine
"good as gold."
He was later cleared of defrauding his investors, but continuing legal
entanglements kept him on the sidelines of the automotive world, although
his passion for cars did not abate. After declaring bankruptcy in 1999, he
said he wanted to produce a speedy plastic sports car selling for only
$20,000.
A public viewing was tentatively set for Wednesday at the funeral home,
located north of Detroit, with a private burial scheduled for Thursday at
White Chapel Cemetery in the Detroit suburb of Troy.
C 2005 The Associated Press.

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:02:51 -0800 (PST)
From: rod rael <rodrael1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

my " two cents" worth.    In the mind of the "creator"  who sadly left us yesterday..   I feel his vision was to create a "peoples" sports car affordable and usable.   Not necessarily to be "collectable" for the pompousness of being a collectable.    I am restoring my daily drivable delorean, putting new brake rotors, predrilled and a few minor upgrades, yes I believe it is a Delorean in every respect of living the dream...

lets keep the dream alive..

Rodney
3300