From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2528
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:50 PM

1. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

2. Freeze 12
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Connections
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Rear-View Mirror Mounting / Unmounting
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>

5. Re: Ebay alloy wheels on DMC
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

6. DMC towing
From: "gremishe" <gremishe_at_dml_sju.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:42:05 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Blue Book Value

In a message dated 3/19/05 11:44:43 PM Central Standard Time,
mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net writes:

> Concours judging does not establish a value for
> anything.  It does establish a benchmark for condition
> and originality.  The market determines value - it
> always has and it always will.
>
> --
> Mike

Well said, Mike.  That's exactly what I was thinking but couldn't find the
right way to say it.  The concours is not supposed to determine who has the
perfect/most desireable DeLorean.  Who wouldn't rather have one with all the
updates and bling bling that's available today? Of COURSE an updated one is more
reliable and more desirable to a knowledgable DeLorean owner (for regular
driving). BUT the concours car is the most ORIGINAL DELOREAN, and without that, how
can we determine which cars have been heavily modified, and which ones have
just been 'updated'??? We definitely need a concours and it's just stupid for
all of you to be saying its worthless and making your own cars seem somehow
flawed.  It's a totally different catagory than what most of us strive for, that's
OK.  The more diversity the better.  Long live the benchmark of the most
ORIGINAL DELOREAN (but not necessarily the 'best').

Thanks Mike for getting me started!

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:03:57 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Freeze 12

I don't use Freeze 12, but I was interested in all the posts about it.

According to their website. http://www.freeze12.com/

 Freeze 12 does NOT contain propane and is NOT flammable.

Dē and 6530

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:06:30 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Connections

Does anyone have a complete diagragm of all the wires that connect
through the colored connectors under the ignition coil cover?

Is this published somewhere?

Thank you,

Dē & 6530

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:37:07 -0000
From: "gzapf" <x86Daddy_at_dml_myrealbox.com>
Subject: Rear-View Mirror Mounting / Unmounting

My car has a low quality, aftermarket rear-view mirror installed by
the PO.  Unfortunately, it was installed with a metal button to the
glass below the black rectangular mounting point.

I'm about to install a very nice, new rear view mirror, and I'm at a
crossroads:

1) Keep with the metal button.  I'm concerned about it cracking the
windshield (the PO already cracked the area above, near the black pad,
but it's a small crack).  I've had the car for a year, and no
additional cracking has occured, but my new mirror is heavier...

2) Remove the metal button and put a new plastic one in...  I've
looked around a lot, and found the only advice for removing the button
involves a low-set mini blow torch or heat gun on the button, while
lightly twisting the button with pliers.  This makes me a bit nervous!

Does anyone have a suggestion #3 or a reason to go with one of these
two choices over the other?

While I'm preparing, what's the best option for a new windshield these
days?  Do all the major vendors' stock have a lamination problem, or
is that no longer relevant?

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:51:13 -0000
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay alloy wheels on DMC

I have a picture of a Delorean with these 4 spoke wheels on it.
check out picture under my photos  vin00538.
Lawrence
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "James" <james_at_dml_u...> wrote:

> This is probably true, look at the photo on the top roght of page 74
> in SSI. Looks like the same type of wheel. Not sure that it's actually
> "motoring history", however.
>
> James
>

> >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=418&item=6518919114&rd=1

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:30:19 -0000
From: "gremishe" <gremishe_at_dml_sju.edu>
Subject: DMC towing

Hi,

I am planning to rent U-Haul vehicle trailer to tow my D.
The U-Haul instructions and my car manual said that the heavy part of
the car should be at the front of the trailer. This means towing
backwards.
I remember someone said that this will damage the louvre.
Is it true?
Do I have to tow backward?
Should I remove louvre before towing? Is it easy to remove it?

I never towed before so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Gleb