From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2530
Date: Monday, March 21, 2005 6:17 PM

1. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. Radio Interview
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: Re: DMC towing
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Re: Blue Book Value
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Detroit
From: "Jeff" <usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net>

6. Several DeLorean related questions
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

7. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

8. DeLorean Funeral And Cars
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Concours
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

10. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

11. Update - Cars On Wednesday
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Nice JZD Obituary in NYT Today
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

13. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

14. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

15. Automatic vs. Stick
From: "mike_fm2002" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

16. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Automatic vs. Stick
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

18. Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. DeLorean owners in the North East PA
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Automatic vs. Stick
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

21. Death of JZD Boosting Prices on GTOs and DeLoreans?
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

22. Re: Concours
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Fw: JZD
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

24. Re: Automatic vs. Stick
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

25. Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:08:57 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: NOS appearing everywhere... I could laugh myself silly....

That car doesn't count, it has a V8 in it not the PRV like you are
thinking.

Mark V

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:52:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Radio Interview

Hey Group,

This may be stupid but... I work at KTRS radio in St.
Louis as a news anchor, this morning I got a call from
one of our talk show host, "frank o pinion" to come on
his show and talk about the car. If anyone is
interested in listening its 550 on the am dial in the
STL area... if your not you can listen online at
www.ktrs.com, I will be on about 4:10 or 4:15 central
time. Hopefully i get everything right....

Thanks,
Chris Pilcic 10882
chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:11:06 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DMC towing

If you tow it backwards, dissconnect your angle drive or it will most likely
be twisted off when you get there.

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:11:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Blue Book Value

How about VB, you and me in the booth.  We could be
the three monkeys - Hear no evil - See no evil - Speak
no evil!

Oops - I guess many would feel that we wouldn't
qualify to represent that last monkey.

Change of subject:

Bummed about JZD.  Eighty is to young to die (take it
from one who is within months of 72.)  I never met him
but I saw more of him than many have since I lived in
L.A. when he got busted.  In fact, I had just had my
DeLorean 30 days when the story broke.  You couldn't
turn on any TV channel for months without seeing him
or Cristina.

Another change:

BTW, Chris Nicholson (UK) came to my home a few weeks
ago and refinished my car.  What a job.  He did his
"custom hand finish".  Sixteen hours straight.  Car
looks fabulous.

Final thought:

A coule of us are looking at redoing our Turbo set-ups
this next winter and doing a "blow through", ala
Legend.  Could be an interesting project.

Later

Dick

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:20:00 -0000
From: "Jeff" <usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net>
Subject: Detroit

Just wondering if anyone is going to Detroit on Weds from around the
Grand Rapids, MI area? If so does anyone have room for another rider
by chance.?  Thanks Jeff

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:56:55 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Several DeLorean related questions

Passed on to me from my mother, Today's Washington Post "Crickler" has
several DeLorean questions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/crosswords/crickler/crickler.
html and choose Monday March 21 in the drop down box on the upper right
part of the page.

Questions 16-19 should be fairly easy. ;)

Michael

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:12:24 -0000
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

Thanks Mark,

I know that Bob Brandy's has a Rover V8 in his BTTF replica and there is at
least one Northstar car out there too.  Is the car you are talking about one
of these and if not do you know what type of V8 (manufacturer) it is?

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:37:28 -0000
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean Funeral And Cars

All

I have been contacted by the Funeral Director representing the
DeLorean Family regarding having DeLorean's present at Wednesdays
visitation.

Our Cars are more than welcome and there will be arrangements made
for displaying our DeLorean's.  At this point I am told that the
display area will be either out front, or in the parking lot.  When I
receive clarification I will pass it along.

Lastly, It also requested that we approach this opportunity with
respect for family and admiration for the Man.

Due to other obligations I will be unable to attend but know as a
part of the DeLorean Community I will be represented well.

Randal W. Brown
The 3M Guy
Arizona DeLorean Club President

Keeping The Dream Alive with #5501

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:53:37 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Concours

Well one of those cars is in the UK now...

Martin

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:55:37 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

He'll be going through head gaskets then.... If the engine can only take
7.5lbs of boost, what on earth will Nitrous do?!

(and there -is- a DeLorean connection here. The LC was developed in the
Lotus building built for DeLorean work)

Martin

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:10:23 -0000
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Update - Cars On Wednesday

Here is the update,

The Cars will be parked along the Woodward Frontage in front of the
Funeral Home.  The parking lot must be kept clear allowing room for
others wanting to pay their respects.

The timing for visitation will be 1 2 PM Family only and 2  8PM for
the general public. Our cars will be welcome through out the day and
the staff at the Funeral Home will assist plugging in the cars as
they come.   We can start arriving as early as 10:00AM.

If I receive any more updates will post.

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:24:01 -0500
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Nice JZD Obituary in NYT Today

Just thought you might like to know that there is a large JZD obituary
in the New York Times today, page A 16.  You might want to go pick up a
copy before its too late.  Its very favorable to John, and is almost
identical to the one online.  Nonetheless it is something I might frame
with my JZD autograph that he signed through the mail for me a few
years ago.

Patrick C.
1880

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:40:38 -0500
From: Michael Paine <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

It's Kyle's car... chevy 350

Regards,

Michael

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:43:01 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

It was a Chevy 350 with the N.O.S. system on it. He is on the Pigeon
Forge DVD set that was made if you can get a copy of it.

Mark V

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:46:17 -0000
From: "mike_fm2002" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Automatic vs. Stick

A few Deloreans are available for sale that I am considering.  I do
enjoy driving a manual transmission, but if a mint level automatic
was for sale, with all else being equal, which car would you
choose?  Is there a benefit to owning an automatic over a 5 speed?
I always thought that the auto wouldn't be as sporty or responsive
as the manual.  I don't want to disappoint myself if I buy an
automatic, and not enjoy the driving experience as much, but then
again, a really nice automatic in excellent condition may be just as
fun.  Also, are auto's more rare?  Which is harder to maintain?
Thanks for any input anyone may have on this issue.

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:50:08 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yeah, I did a detailed interview with Kyle about his car, I was really
impressed with it.
It's on my DVD.
- VB
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:53:59 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic vs. Stick

The Delorean in my opinion is a sports car, all sports cars have manual
transmissions in my opinion.

Mark V

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:02:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

While admittedly most of the turbo'd DeLoreans run 7
or less pounds of boost, there are a few here in the
States that run considerably more than that (10+ lbs.)
and are driven a lot.  Special head gaskets?  I don't
know.  Water injection? Yes, at least in one case.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:09:36 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean owners in the North East PA

Just curious is anyone on the list from around the North East Pa
area if they are going on Wensday. If so please drop me an email at
DeLorean170_at_dml_aol.com

Thanks,
Darryl

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:08:44 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

There are a lot more 5-speeds than automatics. At one time I heard
only 5% of all production was automatic. In reality I think it is a
lot more than that but nowhere near 25%. For performance and just
plain fun a 5-speed is the only way to go. An automatic is very nice
in traffic or if you drive in a hilly area a lot. The automatic only
has 3 speeds to divide the power up in against the 5-speed which has
obviously 5 speeds. The 5th speed (gear) is very "tall" meaning you
will get a lot better fuel economy on long highway trips as opposed to
the automatic. The 5-speed is a lot simpler and easier to maintain,
the automatic is more complicated but outside of the shift computer
has a good reliability record. The 5-speed has much better
acceleration because you have much more control over the shifting than
an automatic. Repairing an automtic will cost a lot more than any
repairs you may need on a 5-speed. It will come down to a matter of
personal choice and if your "significant other" can drive a stick.

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:29:37 -0500
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Death of JZD Boosting Prices on GTOs and DeLoreans?

An interesting article I stumbled upon.  I wonder if it is true and how
much the value will increase on our stainless steel beauties, even if
it is only temporary.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/
03-21-2005/0003236690&EDATE=

Patrick C.
1880

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:42:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hell, does that mean I'd be guaranteed at least a 2ND
PLACE with MY car? (wink wink); )

Hmmmmmm

--- Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk> wrote:

> Well one of those cars is in the UK now...
>
> Martin
>
> Marc Levy wrote:
>
> >WOW, on 2 cars in Pigeon Forge last year..
> >
> >"Still looking for competitors" this year..
> >
> >The numbers say more about this event than I ever
> >could.

> team, please address:

> sale see www.dmcnews.com

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:43:47 -0500
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: Fw: JZD

With a heavy heart, I add my hopes that at peace. My thoughts are with his family. Perhaps he's enjoying reliving his moments in the sun.

A true entrepreneur, Mr. DeLorean was unique. I met him at Ken's event in Cleveland and asked him would he do it again, knowing the problems, backstabbers, politics, etc. that he had faced? His reply was "...if you have a dream, you go for it."

His cars have brought much enjoyment to me, and after overcoming the initial problems we all go through, discovered I was part of the dream, a part of history, and the car a part of me.

Marv.
#17707
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:58:20 -0000
From: "bluemax86" <massimot_at_dml_rushmore.com>

This is just my opinion, but if you are going to buy a sports car
why on earth would you buy an automatic. A sports car is meant to
be "driven". So if you like "driving" the car and not using it as a
daily driver then go for the manual.

My personal pet peeve, people who buy a Porche with an auto gear
box. They should buy a Volvo instead.

No offense to any auto owners out there.

Max
4819

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:47:31 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value

Ten years ago neither were Mopar Hemi's.

One of the reasons they have taken off is that people are
willing to restore the cars to as-new, original condition.

Owners of anything reserve the right to be stuck up "just
because".  They don't need a car competition for that.
And there will always be people with enough disposable
income and the will to restore a DeLorean or anything
else to whatever level they want.  You don't have to
participate, and I don't see how letting others participate
is such an issue.  The fact that there is a Concours doesn't
necessarily mean that the cars will go up in value, but I'm
pretty sure that not having one would keep the price of
the cars depressed because it is difficult for buyers to
know what they are buying without a standard of some
sort.

-------------- Original message from Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>: --------------