From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2535
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:10 AM

1. Re: Re: Concours
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

3. Re: DeLorean Interest Increasing
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. RE: Re: Torsion Bar Issue
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Re: Re: Death of JZD Boosting Prices on GTOs and DeLoreans?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Mr. John Delorean
From: "D F" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Returned Telex/Factory Papers
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

8. Re: Endotex's attitude.
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Endotex's attitude.
From: rod rael <rodrael1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: To Vendors and all DMLers... Spring Social is coming! Need help!!!
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

11. Re: Re: Death of JZD Boosting Prices on GTOs and DeLoreans?
From: usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net

12. Re: Re: Automatic vs. Stick
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Re: Concours few cars NOT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

15. Re: Torsion Bar Issue
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Repect
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

17. BBC article on JZD
From: "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

19. Re: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row
From: "Darin Wolf" <son_darin_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. Re: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

21. Supercharged delorean..
From: "marcusgieselmann" <marcus_at_dml_forsberg.se>

22. Re: Automatic vs. Stick
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

23. DeLorean: Surely, Life Wasn't a Waste
From: "neogeoslug" <neogeoslug_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. JZ Delorean, time for a new start
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>

25. John DeLorean's Legacy
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:28:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Concours

Actualy, I think it is you who did not get it.

I was poking fun at the event too..

Apparently, you dont know me.

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:30:38 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row

Andy, Several things could be happening. The pulse coil or ignition coil
could be doing this, but normally it has to cool down for a longer period of
time and heat up longer before the wires will come apart and do what your
talking about. The other thing that comes to mind is the connection on the
bottom of the inertia switch. The plastic connections will heat up fast and
swell and separate the connection, then cool down quickly and you will start
up again. A fuse could also mask it's self and do something similar. Look at
the inertia swt set up. Also, What is the resistance of the coil and are you
using the resistor on the fire wall 1 ohm.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:33:11 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Interest Increasing

A truer measure of interest will be increased attendance at any
Delorean related event and the sale prices of Deloreans at public
auctions. Media interest is fleeting, it only matters if it is
followed up by sustained, higher prices in the market and public
interest. Most of us here on the DML are in this for the long haul. A
temporary spike in prices will not affect us. There is a spike in
public interest. The club website for Delorean Midatlantic has had a
dramatic rise in "hits" according to Kevin Abato who keeps track of
this stuff. He is also the person running our Spring Event so let him
know if you are comming!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Christopher Mack

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:38:57 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Torsion Bar Issue

Toby,
I'm not trying to make a case for welding the torsion, but it is working and
the man didn't have $1200.00 plus to buy one. It broke, he welded it and put
a sleeve over the weld so incase it does break it won't damage anything. I
talked to him over the week end and it is still holding.
Again, I'm not trying to make a case over this, but I don't understand why
someone say's it won't work when it is working and has been for a year +. I
won't give his name out over the group, but if anyone wants it can email me
and I will call him and see if it's ok for you to talk to him.

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:40:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Death of JZD Boosting Prices on GTOs and DeLoreans?

Um, what did I say?!  :)

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:48:10 +0000
From: "D F" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Mr. John Delorean

I rarely take to comment except on technical issues.
However, now I feel compelled to write a line or two.
I have read all the Delorean books.  One point that was made clear
throughout all the books, (even the books that did not paint a nice picture
of Mr. Delorean) is that all who worked with him would not dispute that he
worked harder than everybody around him, earned the respect of all, even
those on the floor working to assemble, working  in management, in fact,
working at all levels.  This is a rare characteristic in a man.  This man
rose from the floor out of shear determination to be the best.

In fact, he did that.  He carried out an engineering feat that few men have
achieved.  As an engineer, I am continuously in awe at how fast he created
his factory, his automobile, and his dream.  I am still amazed at the very
few engineering "bugs" in the car considering that it was pretty much a
scratch design.  I am amazed at the tenacity he had to drive the dream home.
  I think we all should be if we only look at each of our own
accomplishments.

He did "Rise against the machine"  He did it with determination and with all
the strengths and weaknesses of a man. His weakness was that he saw no
limits and kept pushing his dream even when it became clear that there were
too many against him. His weakness was that he was a true man who faced his
accomplishments and the temptation of the reward.  His weakness like every
many of success was that he was willing to sacrifice family, friends, and
relationships in the name of his goals.   Every man who has succeeded at any
level has to be driven by something.  History judges them only by where they
end.  He has been judged by many forces outside of his control, and placed
in that judgement seat because he dared so much more than most.  His life,
and our automobiles stand for much more than a piece of stainless steel with
some dollar value.    As we all play with our Deloreans, ponder the what
ifs, perhaps for a moment, we should forget about the value of our car,
forget about what we have or have not accomplished in our lives and simply
look with awe at the man who created this "hobby" for all of us.  Look at
his whole life.  He gave us our beautiful cars, but the drive he had, the
persistence he showed throughout his life should be an example and
inspiration for every man who dreams of going beyond the status quo.  His
family, his children, and all who knew or associated themselves with him
should be proud of this man for giving us who know his history that dream.
Now that I've said that, I'll stick to the technical issues.
Dale

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:07:39 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Returned Telex/Factory Papers

Mike,

I'm pleased that you got them back after all this time. I'm more happy
that we were able to get this settled between us and I will take you
up on your invitation to look you up when I get back to DC this
summer. As I boxed them up to send off to you yesterday, I glanced
through them again and hope that you'll soon make them public as you
had mentioned. To keep everyone waiting in suspense based on the
subjects below is only liable to let them down as they are all very
brief in nature, some only one or two lines of text. Holy Grail they
aren't...on any subject.

Combined with some of the other information that's out there through
the DMC Trustees Ebay auctions, etc, I think a pretty goo record could
be put together, however.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

> Thank you James Espey for returning the DMC Telex/Factory papers
back to me.
> They arrived here this afternoon.
>
> The hundred or so telexes that I have are dated from December 1979 to
> November 1981 and range in topic.
>
> 1.  Renault PRV engine changes for the DMC12
> 2.  prototype parts availability and changes at Lotus/Dunmurry.
> 3.  Assembly plant construction, tellus carrier costs, and conveyer
belt
> costs & installation.
> 4.  Changes in stainless panels & stainless panels DMC had to scrap.
> 5.  Some early VIN cars & quality control problems with unattached
parts.
> 6.  Legend Turbo cars and engineering cars that were shipped to USA
> 7.  Renault Alpine sports cars that DMC owned as test pilots for DMC12
> 8.  assembly plant employee training in Paris and California.
> 9.  QAC orders for replacement parts
> 10.  VINs damaged in shipment.
> 11.  NIDA investment in the factory from JZD
> 12. Hotel arrangement & factory tours for supplier representatives.
> 13. Middle east and RHD program.
> 14. electrical system problems
> 15. Automatic transmission engineering, parts and specs.
> 16. addition of pull strap for doors
> 17. test track guard rails
> 18. Bank account balances and several notices for overdrawn accounts
> 19. GPD account payments!
> 20. GM financial to supply $250,000 line of credit to DMC (increased to
> $500,000) for purchase of steering columns, spark plugs, instrument
cluster, A/C
> systems and other parts.
> 21.  Craig Radio service
> 22.  Employee/Executive Travel
> 23.  Board meetings in NYC and Belfast
> 24.  Inquires from prospective owners about features, performance
numbers,
> cost, etc.
> 25.  Telex from Marion Gibson to Mike Knepper about memos
> 26.  Telex from William Haddad about film on John DeLorean driving
car at
> Lotus in UK
> 27.  Renault telex to DMC about number of engines, and gearbox
shipped in
> 1981. There were equal amounts of automatic and 5 speeds produced by
DMC in 1981.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:10:55 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Endotex's attitude.

You can call him Endotex/Checksix/Greg/Gary/and the latest is Donny
T.

I've lost track of how many aliases he uses when he insults me
offline.

We really should post our names in our posts. Just try telling that
to Endotex/Checksix/Greg/Gary/Donny T, ....whew.

Joe OBrien

2524,
16634,
16851

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:19:17 -0800 (PST)
From: rod rael <rodrael1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Way to go dmcjohn!....   I agree completely. I have seen few in this dmcnews that share his lousy negative attitute.

   I especially like the statement   "Emotional attachment to toys is the foundation of consumer
> debt...which is the foundation of remaining (or going) broke. "   Looks like a statement from an experienced economist.

Rodney
3300

dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com wrote:

Really Greg/Gary/(put your next alias in here)

What happened to you? Why are you such a bitter little person? Why
hang around the DeLorean community if you hold us the owners, the
car, and the man behind the car in such disdain?

Don't you have anything positive to contribute?

I truly feel sorry for you that one of your hobbies is hanging around
here where as far as I can see, you are not wanted.

Best wishes,
John Dore, Ireland.

PS we in Ireland are doing plenty to garner as much positive press
for the DeLorean car and John DeLorean as possible, thanks very much.

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:25:58 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: Re: To Vendors and all DMLers... Spring Social is coming! Need help!!!

anyone else who would like to donate something to the DMA spring social
raffle, please let us know soon so that we can get things in order.
Contact Evil Dan (as per original note below) if you wish to contribute.

Thanks!

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:32:16 -0500
From: usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net

Yes I agree with Ryan and anyone else for that fact who just has
negative thoughts to say about what has happened lately.  I may not own
a Delorean, but I have a high respect for this group let alone for a man
who I have looked up to for many years.  Ever since 1981 when I first
saw a Delorean, I have dreamed of owning that car, I have cut and
collected photos, articles, you have it and I can only say that Mr.
Delorean is like a second father to me in away.  Since my dad died in 86
I gave up on lots of things, however the dream of that car I never gave
up on.  John Z Delorean is a man of integrity, and he had a compassion
and hopes and dreams.  I can only say great things for that car and for
him, and I just wish I could of met him one day in person.  I know that
he is standing right now next to my dad and their both looking down on
me right now, just smiling and saying to themselves.  Look at him, he
may not have his dream yet, but you wait he will have more than dreams
come his way like we did when we were down there.  That is why I say to
the Mods please either ban those that don't sign there names or kick
them out of the group that all they want to do is put down the Delorean
or such a fine man that invented such a fine automobile.  All they are
is jeaulous of him, because they couldn't invent this car or anything.
Tomorrow my mom is having surgery on her face for the sixth time, and I
pray it goes well, I was suppose to go with her and my brother to be by
her side.  However I have decided to try and find a way to get to
Detroit somehow to pay my respects and tell a man just how wonderful he
was in keeping my dreams, hopes, spirit and life alive to one day want
to own such a wonderful piece of history til the day I pass. and can
pass it on to my son who almost never made it out of the hospital.  Now
that this dream is more real to me to want to succeed, I only now want
to make it a bigger dream, by not only owning my own Delorean, but
having a great friend of mine build me the very 1st and biggest Delorean
Limo which I will forever be proud of and can only thank such a great
man who is standing next to my dad in Heaven for creating and having
such a remarkable vision to succeed in life, like I pray one day I will
also.  GOD BLESS YOU JZD AND MAY YOU REST IN PIECE!  Sincerely in
Christ, Jeff Stevens
P.s.  If for some reason you have heard this here, please tell my dad
and give him a hug for me and tell him thanks for the BTTF video tape
that he had his behind a wall for me for Christmas in 1986 that we found
with other gifts for the rest of us in 1987.  May all your dreams
forever be fulfilled with Johns love and heart behind them.
"BELIEVE IN CHRIST, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, BELIEVE IN LIFE, AND BELIEVE IN
YOUR DREAMS AND THEY WILL ONE DAY PROSPER EVER SO PRECIOUS WITH HIS LOVE
WITHIN' ALL YOU DO"JDS(me)

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:40:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Automatic vs. Stick

I find the auto vs. stick extremely interesting
especially when the turbo is brought into play.

I've had two DeLoreans. One automatic and one stick.
BOTH have been equipped with the Island Twin turbo
set-up.  I drove the automatic nearly 75,000 miles and
have put more than that on the stick.  I admit that
only the last 30,000 miles on the automatic was with
the turbos installed.

Now, this may not make me an expert, but my seat of
the pants experience is significant.  You can talk all
you want about the curve of the auto in relation to
the turbo and how it is "better", but I'm here to tell
you that unless you have a higher speed stall
converter and REALLY put the pedal to the metal (watch
out tranny), a little old lady pushing a baby buggy
will beat you across the street at every intersection
with the turbo equipped automatic.  Not so with the 5
speed.

BTW, I will agree that theoretically the auto shifts
with less loss of rpms (an important feature when
talking boost of a turbo)  but, IMHO, that theory does
not take real life factors into consideration.

My 2 from many miles of experience.

Dick Ryan

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:40:24 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Concours few cars NOT

I disagree with the statement that there are not many concours cars out
there.
You have AArons car, Robs car My car the 170 mile car Tony's car, Cheryls
car,Dan's car Dave T's car, Tom's car, Yerskey's car he sold, Chris Smith,
There are a few in CA and some in the south I know of and and and.

They are out there.  The rules have been devised that you had to let  them
sit for five years.  That is changed.  There are cars out there  but sometime
location has a lot to do with who comes.

I don't enter mine every year.  I tend to enter ISCA events rather  than
Delorean events mainly because I cannot enter in my own event. (Well I  could but
some people would think it unfair and actually it would be unfair for  me
because I have a show to run and don't have the time)

This issue keeps coming up and a lot of jest made this year.  Give it  time
it will come back on its own.  In my opinion the rules killed the  competition
and they are modified so we will get back on track now.

concours is not for everyone

I do it because I enjoy it

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:47:49 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Concours- was Blue Book Value

In a message dated 3/22/2005 8:06:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Whoa!  Robert hold on a second.....I'm taking a little bit of offense
here on this  one....It took me six years of searching and saving for
just the right car.  I bought a sub 100 mile car, am I supposed to
drive  it??

<<
Do what makes you happy this car is for everyone and there are plenty to go
around

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 03:55:03 -0000
From: "endotex23" <endotex23_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Torsion Bar Issue

Before I go let me be clearer on welding torsion bars. As Toby pointed
out, austhentic stainless steels are not heat treatable but imho that
isn't a show stopper in this case.

I would trust a bar welded by me using my equipment for my own use or
a friend only. I have done so once in the past and thus far it's held
up fine on the car it was installed in. And I would only weld a left
hand bar, since the rights are readily available. (I was under the
impression these days the lefts were also available).

I might trust a bar welded by someone else but I'd have to talk to
them, see what gear they'd use, and test a few of their coupons. In
other words they'd have to be able to convince me they know what
they're doing.

Unless you know enough to make that judgment I strongly suggest you
buy another one. If you can't find one for what you consider is a fair
price contact me as I have a pair lying around. Best to stay with a
vendor though because I tend to be as guilty as charged when it comes
to making a profit.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:18:28 -0000
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Repect

 On the stupidness I had been thinking alot about it & don't want people to think were
a bunch of morons so I will take it opon myself to make sure if any one's blairing
there stero or improperly dressed or conduct is unbecoming I will make sure you
leave the funeral ASAP. This is my home town & I do know alot of the others that will
be there ALSO, I don't want them to think I hang out with a bunch of idiots, Lets not
forget Kathyrn is a part of our community & we see her at the shows. lets just save
the fun For Chicago & remember to have respect. if you want to go some where after
to have lunch or dinner that can be your get away & we can talk amungs are selfves.
Thanks, Hope to see you there with respect.
LAWRENCE

-- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> Hope this doesn't piss anyone off BUT.....To those who are going to the funeral, it's
been said a couple of times to be repsectful at the services but lets say it how it
should be said....
> Don't be idiots only thinking of yourself or how your car looks by bringing wipes
and rags to polish it while in the parking lot.  We all know there are some who don't
have the social sensibilty to "get it" so lets make it clear.   It would be crass to make it
into a rally, crusin' trip,  make-shift car show, loud pumping stereos blaring etc.... it's
not the time or place.   Wear a suit and not T-Shirts, jeans, baseball hats etc........lets
show the world that DeLorean owners are class people especially in times like these.
There will most likely be T.V. crews there.  Don't embarrass the family or our
community by being stupid and thoughtless.   We can all go crazy in 2006 in Chicago
and express ourselves more with tributes and such.

> I know that the majority of you WILL be totally repectful and know how to handle
yourself.  It's the small minority that I'm concerned about.   Maybe we should appoint
someone to "thump" anyone who acts stupid!!!  Just a thought.  Pass on the good
wishes for all of us who can't make it.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:42:41 -0000
From: "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: BBC article on JZD

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/4366733.stm

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:54:54 -0000
From: tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com

Andy - I would take a serious look at the inertia switch.  Noah also
had another good suggestion, so you have some things to consider.
When I bought my car, the inertia switch had been unplugged, and
replaced with a very large paper clip to complete the circuit.  The
plug on the end of the wire harness was also melted somewhat.  I
asked the PO about it, and he muttered something about the car dying
sometimes, and that this was the "accepted workaround".  Yikes!  We
also recently had a local car with intermittent issues, and we
replaced the inertia switch.  The electrical terminals on the switch
had been obviously overheated over a period of time, and the plastic
housing was deformed.  We have inertia switches in stock just in
case this turns out to be the issue in your case.

***Note the carefully trimmed quote below! (grin)***

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:34:42 -0000
From: "Darin Wolf" <son_darin_at_dml_hotmail.com>

A 1 ton Dually (mine) with the same trouble with of all things the
ignition switch.  To put it the safe way, be sure and check
everything involved with that ignition because the way you describe
the symptoms, they're exactly alike.  Of course, if it's another
problem, I'm pretty sure that it will be found.

But to say the least, yes this would even cause your bad ground.  : )

Daemon Wolf

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:01:00 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

Group,

I should have said that during these no-start times, the car will crank
like normally but will fail to start.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:08:21 -0000
From: "marcusgieselmann" <marcus_at_dml_forsberg.se>
Subject: Supercharged delorean..

Hi Guys!

Just wanted to ask all you If anyone has any experience of
Supercharge a
PRV?

I planning to do so, but want to know what problems I might run
into.. My plans
is to use a Votech  V-1 and  with 6 - 8 psi overload.
Is this a good thougth?

/Marcus Gieselmann
vin 3044
Sweden

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:11:11 -0800
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Re: Automatic vs. Stick

It is in the US.  ;-)

-O

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:24:04 -0000
From: "neogeoslug" <neogeoslug_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean: Surely, Life Wasn't a Waste

In memorandum of John DeLorean

DeLorean came to us as one of the first and only images that embodied a Hollywood icon
in the automobile industry.  Realizing the American love for the automobile, he pioneered
the GTO.  Once his first baby was done, he was not going to allow himself to be tied down
to someone else's dreams.  He left General Motors and went onto working on his dream,
his child, his passion: the DeLorean DMC-12.

For this famous starlight, the American business world shut him out of an American
produced car, and DeLorean had to take his dream elsewhere.  He finally found the place
to build his dream: of all places, it was to be built in Dublin, Ireland.  Still a romantic and
dreamer at heart, DeLorean knew that if a quality product was built, American would
purchase it.

The DeLorean, regardless of whether one liked it or not, became an instant success and
household name.  For those who did not know DeLorean based on his GM track record,
they surely knew him when the DeLorean hit US shores.  The story for the latter part of his
life is surely not so American.

DeLorean died on March 20, 2005, and America made no bones about it.  For the DC area,
no newspapers even carried an obituary of the famed automobile legend.  The only
coverage of his death could be found in a short and brief moment of television exposure
that was on the national news channels.  DeLorean's death should not have passed with a
simple moment of television exposure.

I had been planning on meeting DeLorean for years, but that dream will have to be
suspended momentarily.  Even though I never personally knew DeLorean, I know how this
country ill-treated the genius--let's make no bones about it, DeLorean was and still is a
great entrepreneur, and he never took shit from anyone--and how when the media
blacklisted him, the country followed and proclaimed that he was nothing more than a
cokehead.

Hollywood, the media, the car industry, all showcased the DeLorean of youth as a
superstar.  When the pressures of reality were knocking on the doors of Detroit, Detroit
was not going to let this former, young hotshot steal the show.  Using their governmental
pressures, Detroit buried DeLorean once and for all--or so they thought.

In his retirement, DeLorean was working hard on his next goal in life: to build yet another
sports car.  Going once again up against Goliath, DeLorean would have risked his name
and worth for the American people: yet again, he would have tried to put Detroit back on a
track of quality and wonderful products.

Mr. John Zechery DeLorean, I know you're in a better place now.  They brought you to us
as the new hot shot of the automobile industry.  They made you start up a new company
in leu of their inhume treatment of your character.    Even when you died, the press still
hounded you: all the papers had to say was that a coke-head died.  I sincerely would have
liked to know you, John, but I was just a kid.  Your candle died out long ago, but in my
heart, your legend will last until I die.

I thank you, Mr. DeLorean, for the time you gave us, the inspirations you made, the
dreams you shared with us, the hopes you gave us, and the impact you made on us all.

It was not a waste, Mr. DeLorean, it was surely not a waste,

Michael
A friend of DeLorean

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:41:54 -0000
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject: JZ Delorean, time for a new start

As a fairly recent owner of a Delorean, I to am saddened about the
death of this great man, However this perhaps gives us time to
reflect and start a new. This is the only club/forum where I have
seen some really quiet despicable comments/back biting/personal
vendettas/slagging off, call it what you will. (sorry to say but it
is mainly American contributors)

Why not all call a truce and remember that we are all hear for one
reason; because of the cars we love.

I have had some wonderful and helpful advice in the few months I
have owned my car, and I thank the individuals for that. however
some times a question may seem dumb to somebody else or one persons
opinion may not be shared by another. this does not mean it gives
any one the right to ridicule them or post insulting messages, to
either the person concerned or to someone's reply.

Please. Please. Please lets start afresh. and cut out all the
unnecessary bits from this forum. Let's concentrate on the DeLorean
cars in memory of the man himself.

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:49:16 -0500
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: John DeLorean's Legacy

Like many others I was shocked and saddened of the news of John DeLorean's passing.  I had always admired his passion and vision in the automaking industry and the DMC 12 was and is the car I would choose if I had any choice of vehicles regardless of year or price.  Perhaps the biggest compliment towards his creation is how people still marvel over the car almost 25 years after its' creation.  I drove mine 40 miles to work on Monday in remembrance of John and had a crowd of people around it asking questions as I was getting ready to leave.  I cannot think of any other car from 1981 that still turns as many heads as a DeLorean-how can it ever be considered a failure when people are still captured by its' presence over 2 decades later?
Thank you Mr. DeLorean for daring to dream and my biggest regret with being a DMC owner is that I never had the chance to shake your hand and tell you my feelings in person.