From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2542
Date: Friday, March 25, 2005 8:36 PM

1. Fuel Pump Problem
From: "mydelorean" <mike_at_dml_mrcopies.com>

2. Re: Delorean Photoshop Contest on Fark.com
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>

3. Re: Valley of death - no more
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?
From: "ivhalpc" <ivaldes_at_dml_hal-pc.org>

5. power window glass replacement
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

6. Re: power window glass replacement
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

7. More on Headlights / FV
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

8. RE: In loving memory
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Re: Delorean Photoshop Contest on Fark.com
From: Jon Heese <dmcnews_at_dml_jonheese.com>

10. Re: Prowler Engine.
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

11. Re: In loving memory
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>

12. Re: More on Headlights / FV
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: CAR NEARLY STOLEN
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>

14. new exaust
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Re: Returned Telex/Factory Papers
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

16. Re: power window glass replacement
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:47:38 -0000
From: "mydelorean" <mike_at_dml_mrcopies.com>
Subject: Fuel Pump Problem

The starter engages and the car turns over but appears not to get any
gas.

I need some ideas on where to look next.

The car has....
New Battery
New Alternator
New Fuel Pump
New RPM Relay
Inertia Switch is closed

The fuel pump does not engage when you turn the key.

I can jumper the fuel pump to run continuously by removing the RPM
relay and connecting the brown / purple/white wires.  So the pump's
not dead.

Any ideas where to look next?  Is it a ground problem somewhere?

thanks

Mike
VIN#17089

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:52:32 -0000
From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1_at_dml_ryanwright.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Photoshop Contest on Fark.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> It appears that with all the recent Delorean attention, Fark.com has
been running a "photoshop a delorean" thread.  Check out the entries.
 (Yes...some are not favorable to JZD, but others are creative....)

> http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1409437
>
> Kevin Abato
> Vin 16680

Hey, I see my car in there. Although I don't quite get the
photoshop... looks like a red devil guy driving, and a white fish
looking tail under the wheel?
http://members.cox.net/teachem2/strongsmash.jpg

Hmmm..

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:31:08 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Valley of death - no more

I don't think it is that big a deal. If you replace the hoses and
seals every 20 years or so you and don't leave the car outside and use
premium anti-freeze and change it once in a while it will be fine. If
that isn't enough you can just paint the block with Glyptol. I have
used it on the insides and it sticks good if you clean the surface
first. It is not that big a problem area. Filling the cavities with a
sealer may trap anything that does manage to get in there even with
your deflector plate. Maybe just the plate is a good idea after
painting the cavities with Glyptol. Then you will quickly see if there
are any coolant leaks, it will not get trapped in the cavities and
evaporated. Make up a couple plates and sell them. Many engine
builders use Glyptol inside motors and transmissions because it makes
the insides very easy to clean and the oil drains better. It also
helps to seal any porosities in the castings. BTW I am being sarcastic
in recomending changing the hoses and seals every 20 years. Ten years
is probably too long but so many Deloreans are still running on
origional hoses and seals especially in that area because of all the
work and expense involved in replacing them. The anti-freeze is
another problem. After a couple of years it can turn acidic and start
attacking the metals. It should be replaced every 2 years, like the
brake fluid.

--re the top of the engine has rotted through.

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:27:03 -0000
From: "ivhalpc" <ivaldes_at_dml_hal-pc.org>
Subject: Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?

Hello all,

I have a crinkled drivers side quarter panel that was rescued from an
estate. Can it be fixed in such a state? If not, is it good for
anything? Here are pictures:

http://bnws.vega.zettai.net/Photos

Thanks!

-- IV

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:49:02 -0500
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: power window glass replacement

  Any words of wisdom out there for the procedure of replacing the power window glass (passenger side).
  The manual does not have much. I have removed the old one but I want to ensure I have the guides aligned correctly and not damage the new glass.
  Also I have a pile of Velcro like rub strips that were in the bottom of the door (dried and fallen off where they should have been). Has anyone replaced these with anything new?

  Thanks in advance,

  Cecil Longwisch

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:30:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: power window glass replacement

Cecil,

Don't put the glass back in without replacing the felt.  I've seen some permanently scratched windows from rolling up and down with no felt.  Here's an idea from Christian Williams:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/windowfelt.html

I haven't tried this on my car yet, but I did go to the salvage yard and collect the parts.  Did you know that you can rip the upper portion of a Ford probe door panel with no tools whatsoever?  :-)

Jake Kamphoefner
1063

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:35:51 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: More on Headlights / FV

I've just returned from a weeks vacation only to find that JZD has
died from the stroke, and also my grandfather of 85 had a stroke (but
is still alive and recovering quite well!). I finally have a chance to
sit down and respond to my Emails and the list- I would like to thank
you all for your help with the headlights and FV. I'm going to
purchase and play around with the recommended lights, since they've
been used in conversions before I'm sure I'll have good luck with
them. Also, I replaced my connector to the frequency valve and used
dielectric grease on the connections, cleaned the grounds-and now the
FV works flawlessly. Just wanted to thank you all again for the help
-----Dani B. #5003

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:38:38 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: In loving memory

I believe it was Wed. on Modern Marvels (The History Channel), they reran
Muscle Cars.  JZD's interview on the GTO was featured.   Nice timing.
Coincidence?       Drive Stainless      Robert  VIN 6924

From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] In loving memory
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:53:34 -0500

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:40:24 -0500
From: Jon Heese <dmcnews_at_dml_jonheese.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean Photoshop Contest on Fark.com

That's Strongbad driving your car over Homestar Runner.

They're characters from a flash animation site that has a massive online
cult following.

http://www.homestarrunner.com

Regards,
Jon Heese

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:43:57 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Prowler Engine.

Hi Mark

Well if you have individual coils per plug, you can just use an
aftermarket system without their coil packs. SDS, Electromotice...
whoever. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wasted spark, it's just
economical to use one coil to fire two plugs, and it makes for a cleaner
burn. I take it you can't install regular plugs? You can simply split
the signal from the ECU and use it to fire two coils. If I have wrapped
my head around ignition systems correctly, I think the only addition
you'd need would be a pair of diodes on the signal going to each pair of
coils.

I am in a similar position in that the R25 (and indeed all later Renault
EFI PRV's) used a proprietary 66/3 trigger wheel, which can't be hooked
up to any of the ECUs I've looked at which all work on the 60/2 GM
trigger. This isn't the ECU manufacturer's problem, it's Renault's

Martin

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:50:29 -0000
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>

A salute to that!
The legacy of John is very much alive!

Anders Brandt VIN #10283

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:01:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: More on Headlights / FV

Dani

If you have success with the headlights, not only in
the installation, but with them having an acceptable
beam pattern, I'd love to see pictures of whatever
brackets you designed to hold the lights in.
Possible?

Thanks

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:03:50 -0000
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>
Subject: Re: CAR NEARLY STOLEN

Things like these make me furiously angry!

Don't mess wiyh a man tools!
And do not mess with his DeLorean!

Anders Brandt VIN#10238

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o...> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I went round to my dads house tonight to check on the Delorean and do my usual
running of the engine for ten minutes.

> Well upon arriving at my dads I noticed that the garage door was open and my jack was
lying in the middle of the yard.

> I didnt really think much of this as my dad has a guy who cuts that lawn so I thought
that he was about.  Getting out of the car I noticed that the lawnmower was still in the
garage and that my rear tyre was flat????  What the hell I thought.........It was then to my
utter amazement that I noticed that my tool chest had gone which contained ALL MY
TOOLS, My entire set of ORIGINAL NCT TYRES and my BRAND NEW FRONT WHEEL THAT I
ONLY GOT 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and my new battery jump
starter which I only got 2 weeks ago.

> They had SLASHED THE DAMN TYRE ON THE CAR BECAUSE IT WAS LOCKED and to make
things even more strange they did not take a 90 jack and left a 300 permabag/carcoon.
I am in bits as this could have been so much worse.

> Please everyone go and kiss your cars and tell them you love her, because this could
have been anyone of us.  I am so pissed off that these people got into my garage and took
my stuff, what are they going to do with it??????  The only car that willtake DELOREAN NCT
TYRES are BLOODY DELOREANS YOU STUPID
MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> This is all because of JZD dying and these guys knowing I have this car, I should never
have been on tv or the radio talking about it, these people are scum.

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:24:11 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: new exaust

there were some pictures of an exaust system posted in november.  it
says it was vin 3513.  i will soon be undertaking a new exaust
setup, and would like to know who's car that is, and some info on
the system pictured.  if the owner reads this, or if anyone knows
who's car that is, e-mail me at: coreysmoo(AT)hotmail.com.

cheers!
corey

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:30:58 -0600
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Returned Telex/Factory Papers

Actually, the vast amjority of those telexes were to KAPAC from various
suppliers and customers looking to sell or buy parts.

The only subtantial amounts of documentation from the original DMC came
from Leif Montin, and it is mostly parts related.

James

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:44:45 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

> Hey Cecil I just replaced one of mine recently.. just heat the track up so the
sticky tape gets hot and u can pu.ll out the old glass.. then sit the glass in the
track and put it back in the car.. put the window up so the glass slides itself
where it should go just be careful.. then mark it and take it back out and put
the new tape in and pour soapy water in the tape to help the glass press in.. i
just turned it over and taped on the track with a rubber hammer works pretty
well.. only use soapy water though cause it wil evaporate and then the tape
will hold the glass in.. hope this helps..Dave..vin.. 15275..

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:55:05 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?

It can be fixed but it comes down to a matter of economics. Because of
the large amount of an expensive man's time would be required it is
cheaper to just replace it. As long as replacement panels are
available and resonably priced it won't pay to fix anything as mangled
as this one. You could practice on it but this one is way beyond what
a novice would be capable of. It can always be useful. There are
sections that could be cut out and transplanted if necessary to
another panel but that too is very time consuming and expensive. You
could practice regraining on it over an undamaged section.