From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2543
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:42 PM

1. RE: Fuel Pump Problem
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "Tony" <DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

5. Re: belt buckles
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

6. John DeLorean deserves better
From: "Randal Atamaniuk" <martydmc12_at_dml_nucleus.com>

7. Wrecked DeLorean.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

8. Re: belt buckles
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

10. Re: More on Headlights / FV
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

11. Rear Wheel Squeek
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. WTF????????
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

14. Re: Thank You Rob Grady and Friends!
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Valley of death - no more
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

17. Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Headlight bracket question
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: WTF????????
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

21. RE: Rear Wheel Squeek
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net

22. Fuel guage problem
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

23. Re: Rear Wheel Squeek
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

24. Fiero"Back to the Future" on Ebay a Must see!
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: Wrecked DeLorean.
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:19:24 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Problem

Mike, The pump isn't supposed to run continuous until the engine starts to
turn over and run. Then the RPM relay picks up the pulse from the pulse coil
and turns on or supplies the power to the pump. Have you checked the fuel
filter screen and the fuel filter. Either one can stop up and lower the fuel
pressure. I now have a new fuel filter screen which will eliminate the fuel
pump starvation and hopefully the fuel pump noise.

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:32:52 -0000
From: "Tony" <DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!

Dear Group:

 I was unable to attend John's funeral and felt like I needed to do something to honor
the man. I decided to try and get John's Prototype running again after 20 years of
slumber. Since it was the last day of his funeral, I did not want to take the project
lightly. I wanted, if at all possible, to sucsessfully get Proto One running again since
this would be John's last day on earth. After 6 hours of preparation to ensure that no
moving parts would be damaged, Proto One fired up, ran on it's own, and actually
kept a steady idle at aproximately 3:30 pm eastern time on Thursday, March 24th
2005. Myself and the staff of DMC (Florida) are treating this car with the utmost care
and respect leaving it in 95% original condition. We are humbled to be the
caretakers of this very special piece of automotive history and are happy to share it
with the DeLorean community.

With all loving respect to the DeLorean family,
Tony Ierardi

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 03:02:03 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

What do fuse 1 and 7 look like? Aux relay ok? Ignition switch?

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:37:09 -0000
From: "vin00538" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

Check your ground wire on the front of your frame though access hole, check for
wires on fuel pump, check F.Valve wires or engagement (humming).
Lawrence

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 03:49:26 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>
Subject: Re: belt buckles

Were any of these ever produced?
Does anyone know of DMC belt buckle available?
Thanks,
Stephen
Vin 3601
> 1) Antique silver finish  (2" x 3" x 4 mm.)
>     individually boxed
>     Minimum 100
>     no die / setup fee
>     _at_dml_ $5.20 each (USA funds)
>
> 2) Pewter  (2" x 3" x 4 mm.)
>     individually boxed
>     Minimum 25
>     no die / setup fee
>     _at_dml_ $12.25 each (USA funds)
Packaging and shipping to your door is extra, _at_dml_ $5.00 each.

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:45:26 -0700
From: "Randal Atamaniuk" <martydmc12_at_dml_nucleus.com>
Subject: John DeLorean deserves better

Good article.

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2005/03/25/63821

R.

Vin # 16353

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:14:49 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Wrecked DeLorean.

Does anyone have any idea who's DeLorean it was that wrecked on US-95,
just past the Rancho exit here in Las Vegas, this afternoon?

It's no owner that I know of, and no it wasn't me. After it was
spotted, my cell phone rang off the hook from friends and co-workers
checking on me.

Was pretty nasty I hear. Slammed right into the back of a truck, and
drove right under it.

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:22:02 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Sounds like the one I bought off eBay. It was never used, but didn't
come in a box. Not an exact copy of the "DMC" logo per se, but it's
not really noticable. But I don't know the history behind it.

Pretty sweet looking. It's square with a textured finish. Then it's
got a large, sunken oval filled with black enamel paint, with the DMC
letters rising out of it.

Don't ask, it's not for sale.

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:05:53 -0500
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!

Congratulations, In honor of Prototype 1 running again I created a photo
album and uploaded some of the photos that Jeff asked me to take of it while
we were at the grand opening. If anyone wants a higher res copy of a shot
just drop me an email with the number of the photo. I had to shrink them to
conserve space.

P.S. What did it take to get it running?

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:31:46 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: More on Headlights / FV

Not a problem, I'll be locating and purchasing the lights next week. I
plan on making the bracket out of aluminum 1-it won't rust and 2- it
will be easy to fabricate. If the pattern is no good, I'll think up
some way of manipulating the light to allow for adjustment-just a
matter of how, and what materials to use. There's little that is
impossible, I'll even post the specs or "blue print" of the brackets
if you'd like. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:34:03 -0000
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Rear Wheel Squeek

I put my car back together this past week and got it back on the road.
 I am noticing a right rear wheel squeek that only seems to happen
when I am coasting and not giving it gas.  The sound seems to go along
with the rotation of the tire.  When I press the brakes it doesn't
make a difference.  Could it be a wheel bearing or something else?  Any

Rick
Vin #0802

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:38:55 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: WTF????????

This new format is horrible, I feel like quitting all the groups I
belong to. Its soo uncomfortable, I dont post every day but I read all
the messages on a daily basis. I didnt even get through 3 on this new
format, unbelievable...I really enjoyed this group

Harry

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:37:38 +0000 (GMT)
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Can a crinkled quarter panel be fixed?

Going from experience this panel can be re-used,
however you will need to cut the most severe damaged
section off the lower half and fabricate a new bottom
section then re-weld this on. What ever you decide the
panel can be of use, as at the worst case it can be
used as a donor to save other quarters. Pictures can
be found on our website Deloreansforsale.com of a
recent repair similar to this one on the projects
page.

Best Wishes

Chris Nicholson

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:23:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Thank You Rob Grady and Friends!

---> started to jerk, sputter and then stalled. I was
> very lucky not to
> get hit by the traffic as I made my way to the side
> of the hwy and an
> exit ramp but still very much near the roaring
> traffic. Now I'm
> absolutley no mechanic and I thought I'm in big
> trouble...

Oh man, this brings back a chilling recount/memory.  I
was coming home with Casey from the PF 2004 DeLorean
show, traveling about 75mph on I-65 near the
Tennessee/Georgia border.  Exact same thing happened
to me; the car jumped a bit for 2 minutes, then all my
gauges began to shutdown and the engine died.  It was
so frightening because at that time I didn't know a
whole lot on why it could've happened.  Casey and I
pulled over and we basically force fed it fuel by
swapping the CPR and cold start plugs.  Took a try or
two since we hadn't replaced the accumulator at that
time.  A highway patrolman just happened to be coming
down the street and, he directed traffic into the
other lane to keep us safe as we worked.  After about
at most 10 minutes, we got the car running, and I had
a huge highway patrol tow truck block a lane of
traffic as Casey and I got back on the road and got to
the next turnoff about 6 miles down the road.  Once we
got to this "super" gas station, we let the car run
for almost 30 minutes, and everything seemed cool.  We
re-fueled, adding some Marvel Mystery Oil as we filled
up, and headed on home to Florida - and made it with
no more issues.

Now that I've digressed my own personal experience
because I swear I thought it wasn't going to happen to
anyone else - I'll get to the main point.  Man, I
remember that feeling; it was scary.  I'm so glad for
you that Rob and company just happened to show up like
that.  It's a feeling like no other - the bonds that
most DeLorean owners have and share with one another.
I'm so glad everything went well for you - the
camaraderie (sp?) of DeLorean owners is like nothing
else.

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:52:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Valley of death - no more

That's pretty cool, Tom - nice job!  When I cleaned
mine out a year ago, we completely cleaned that valley
for almost 3 days to get it as bare as we could.  Then
in the 5 inch "sinkholes", we coasted them with JB
Weld and let it harden and dry.  Then the entire
valley was painted with 1200+ degree resistant
aluminum paint.  That should be that for awhile.  Just
thought I'd share my story - valley of death "repairs"
are always interesting to read and compare.

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:00:05 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Group,

I know the subject of Delorean values is a very touchy issue
at this time, but I would like to make mention that I am very
happy that Tony was able to purchase Proto-Type 1 when he did
and make it available for viewing. It's no telling what would
have happened if it was up on ebay this past week.

Proto-Type 1 is in very good hands now, but I had wished that
JZD could have taken a new photo with it now, over 25 years
after the first public photos.  It will be great to hear the
first-hand details about the car from Bill Collins this June.
Thanks again Tony for bringing it back for the DMC community.

This weeks events has reminded all of us that we are not here
for a long time and we need to get the most out of every day.

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:22:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Very cool, Tony.  It's good to know Proto-1 isn't
going anywhere anytime soon.  Glad to hear the awesome
news!

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:18:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Headlight bracket question

Hey everyone.

I'm going to take out the "L" shaped headlight
brackets and repaint them as they are a bit faded and
should be repainted for this summer's many upcoming
car shows.  My question: I've never really painted
anything in terms of outside the engine.  If I want to
do this right and make it look good and last, can
anyone give me a quick rundown on what to do.
Obviously clean the brackets and make sure the
surfaces are free of dirt and grease with alcohol or
lacquer thinner.  Then what..?  Just paint?  Use
primers then paint?  CAUTION: Newbie painter present.

I know - stupid question, but I want to do this right.
 Besides, if you don't ask, how are you supposed to
learn?

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:42:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Pump Problem

Other than things that have been mentioned, try taking
the grey plug off your CPR and place it on the cold
start valve - force feeding it fuel.  I had similar
signs and symptoms as you described, and it turned out
my fuel/air ratio was way off.  Force feeding it fuel
was where I started and worked up from there.  Other
than that, everyone else have already mentioned
excellent places to look and things to inspect.

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:02:39 -0000
From: "Richard" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: WTF????????

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> This new format is horrible, I feel like quitting all the groups I
> belong to. Its soo uncomfortable, I dont post every day but I read all
> the messages on a daily basis. I didnt even get through 3 on this new
> format, unbelievable...I really enjoyed this group
>
> Harry

I'm with you there, Harry.  The old format was much easier to read.  I
don't like having to scroll up and down to see all the topics.
Before, you could seem them all at a glance.

Richard Rowe

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:56:55 -0500
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net
Subject: RE: Rear Wheel Squeek

I had the same problem.  I even went so far as to rebuild the CV joints when I put it all back together still the same scratching sound.  YOUR REAR TIRE IS NOT SEATED FIRMLY ON MOUNTING STUDS.  Take rear wheels off and and just spin wheel assembly by hand, you will hear the sound.  So all you have to do is just re-torque rear wheels to specs. and sound will be gone.
"rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I put my car back together this past week and got it back on the road.
> I am noticing a right rear wheel squeek that only seems to happen
>when I am coasting and not giving it gas.  The sound seems to go along
>with the rotation of the tire.  When I press the brakes it doesn't
>make a difference.  Could it be a wheel bearing or something else?  Any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Rick
>Vin #0802

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:06:10 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Fuel guage problem

Before everyone starts saying to replace the fuel tank sender-it has
already been replaced twice-once with an NOS one which I believed
didn't work, and now I just replaced it with DMCH's new one. Still, my
guage stays pinned beyond full even though the tank is empty. A while
ago trying to fix this, I took out the guage cluster and made sure all
my connections were good on the plastic circut board, so now it is a
matter of wiring. I made sure the connection to the sending unit was
clear- Does the guage/unit ground somewhere? Where? Anywhere
else I should be checking? Thanks guys -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:54:41 -0800
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

Sounds like the wheel bearing to me. My car had the same symptoms and
also a loud howl that increased with the speed and would go away when
turning to the right. A new wheel bearing solved everything and was
about $50 plus labor( the car was in the shop already so I figured why
not let them do it.) I ordered a pair from John Hervey and have the
other one packed away for when the other side decides to get noisy.

Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:15:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fiero"Back to the Future" on Ebay a Must see!

i hope everyone gets as big a kick out of this as i
did!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4538546567&category=34209

Chris Pilcic

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:34:35 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Wrecked DeLorean.

Rob,

I bet its that mysterious women that got a D for her birthday, who
would not response our email.

BOB