From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2544
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:55 PM

1. Re: Rear Wheel Squeek
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Rear Wheel Squeek
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "istewart88" <istewart88_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Fuel guage problem
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:17:35 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Squeek

It could be the parking brake pads, wheel bearing, or C/V joints. Just
do everything, one at a time, until you get rid of the noise. Also
check the trailing arm bolt and bushings and all of the bushings in
the right rear suspension. Check the shock too. Noises are always hard
to diagnose and pinpoint. It could even be a bad tire or a loose lug
nut or even a cracked rim. Inspect the holes in the rim carefully.
Jack the car up and remove the tire. Spend a few minutes just looking
around for shiny dirt, loose parts, things out-of-place etc. Wiggle
and shake things to try to duplicate the noise. You could even jack up
BOTH wheels, start the motor, put it in gear and see if you can find
the noise.
BTW I am not a fan of this new format either. Maybe we will get used
to it?

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:25:06 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

What about the parking brake? Are the calipers working (the right
one isn't stuck for example?)?

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:34:00 -0000
From: "istewart88" <istewart88_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!

The prototype is powered by a Citroen engine, right? I was under the impression that it
was a 2-rotor. It'd be interesting to have complete technical specs now that the car is
running again.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <DMCPROTO1_at_dml_a...> wrote:
<snip>

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:42:08 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel guage problem

Assuming the cluster wiring is ok; I believe that fuel gauge wiring
goes through the harness and is part of the big connection(s) inside
the washer bottle compartment. Those connections, if contaminated, can
cause all sorts of lighting and electrical issues. A continuity check
will not detect all the connection problems either.