From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2545
Date: Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:24 PM

1. Re: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "Gregory K. Deeter" <Greg_at_dml_Deeter.US>

2. RE: Fiero"Back to the Future" on Ebay a Must see!
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. DeLorean Videos
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Help me!!!!!!!
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. New Yahoo look
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

7. Re: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

8. I'd like to ride in a Delorean-I'LL PAY $50 PER HOUR FOR THE PRIVILEGE
From: "waldwagen" <waldwagen_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Help me!!!!!!!
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

10. RE: Help me!!!!!!!
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

11. Re: Help me!!!!!!!
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

12. Carolinas Club forming
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

13. Lower door panel removal
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Headlight switches
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

15. More unwanted grounds...
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>

16. Re: More unwanted grounds...
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

17. Re: Help me!!!!!!!
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

18. RE: Headlight switches
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Re: Headlight switches
From: "bg9651" <bgraham_at_dml_billgraham.net>

20. Re: Help me!!!!!!!
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>

21. Re: Lower door panel removal
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

22. Re: More unwanted grounds...
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

23. Re: Headlight switches
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:03:15 -0600
From: "Gregory K. Deeter" <Greg_at_dml_Deeter.US>
Subject: Re: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!

Are there any photos of Prototype #1 on the net?

Greg Deeter
Houston

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:52:06 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Fiero"Back to the Future" on Ebay a Must see!

I emailed this guy and asked him about the BTTF stuff on the back,
and he said he made it out of black ABS sheeting, it looks good in the
photo.
I was wondering if the vents would fit on a DeLorean but I don't know if it
would look right.
But it's cute!
- VB

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:04:09 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean Videos

I wanted to let everyone know that I have posted the video clips of John Z.
DeLorean pitching his new car and stainless steel watch on http://dfwdmc.com
in the MEDIA section.
These come to us courtosy of Dave Jong - (Thanks Dave!).

I get sentimental watching them, it is a shame that he couldn't get the car
made,
I would have liked to have one!
http://dfwdmc.com/
VIN#5278

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:46:25 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Help me!!!!!!!

Hey all please give me some insight to this freaking problem.. My car still does not
idle smoothly... or rather the engine vibrates at idle..I ahve just installed all new fuel
injectors and the car runs and accelerates excellently... I have done a
commpression test on the cylinders and they all have great pressure.. I have tested
the fuel pressure and it is within parameters and holds pressure fine.. Where i have
the c02 screw set now is alittle richer from wehre the car dies when u lean it out..
that is why i think it shudders at idle,, but if i make it any richer the car does the
annoying backfire thing out the exhaust.. its now excatly backfireing though its just
like when u drift down a hill on a motorcyle with straight pipes and let off the gas the
rumbleing in the exhaust.. i do have a free flow exhaust on my car with no cat
convertor just straight headers to the muffler.. some mechanics i have talked to
seem to think it is a result of the exhaust but some people such as John Hervey
think it is still not right.. I dont think the engine should vibrate at idle either.. cause
when u give it some gas it stops right away..if i do richen it up till the frequency
valve shuts off it idles much better but is way to rich and does the thing in the
muffler.. i am so tired of messing with this.. the car runs greatly except for this.. i do
have a rebuilt warm up regulator also.. and every other sensor on the motor is new
say for the actual fuel dist and the accumulator.. and the idle speed motor.. Any
help?? please?? Thanks..Dave..Vin.. 15275...

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:10:22 -0000
From: "delowalk" <delowalk_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My tribute to John : DMC Prototype Running!

Well, speaking of Citroen engines, this commercial from England is
hillarious:

http://uk.download.yahoo.com/ne/fu/oa/eurcncs185030.mpg

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:46:22 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: New Yahoo look

For all of you whiners, here is a feedback form for the Yahoo groups if
you do not like the new look.

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_alpha

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:14:33 -0500
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:35:52 -0000
From: "waldwagen" <waldwagen_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: I'd like to ride in a Delorean-I'LL PAY $50 PER HOUR FOR THE PRIVILEGE

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my own DMC. I've never had the chance to drive one, let alone ride in
one. I would be willing to pay $50.00 an hour to ride in one and maybe drive it for a bit?
(all with the owner in the car of course!) I'm looking to ride/drive for around 3-5 hours. I
live near northern San Diego county (southern California). Anyone interested, please email
me off-list.

Thank You Very much,

Tony

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:28:43 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Help me!!!!!!!

Just went through the same thing as you a few months ago. Best I can
say is check out your timing, valve timing and lash, vac leaks, and
definitely electrical-make sure your block is grounded, your wires to
the coil and resister are right. ALSO make sure the connectors on the
bulkhead are good-they need to be clean and tight, if they're loose
they won't work-this was my problem. BE SURE to check that the pins
are present in the connectors as well-when these connectors are old
and you unplug/plug in the connector it sometimes will force a pin out
and into the space behind the panel-I'm talking about all the colored
connectors on the engine bay bulkhead like the blue, red, yellow, etc.
Check those out. Make sure all your connectors are good and shiny on
the FV and warm up reg. A combination of all of these was my problem
that kept me from starting hot and idling nice. I didn't need to
purchase anything other then some Dielectric and vac o-ring seals so
make sure this is all good to go. You can fix a lot by just checking
out electrical connections for worn, loose, bad and corroded
connections. If that fails, maybe your throttle plates are too worn
allowing too much air in, maybe you have bad wires (even if they're
new check them), cap rotor all that good stuff. Hows your fuel system,
fuel distributor, etc? -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:53:09 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

> My car still does not idle smoothly...
> or rather the engine vibrates at idle.

I've seen a couple of other cars (not DeLoreans) that seemed to run OK above
idle even though the spark plugs wires were connected wrong. At idle the
engines ran terrible.

A bad battery or a bad battery ground can also cause this problem (due to a
weak spark and intermittent combustion.) Above idle the alternator kicks in
a bit more, and the spark becomes strong enough to smooth out the engine.

Check the connection that runs through the "firewall" from the Coil box to a
stud under the rear window (behind the carpeted upright panel). It has
several brown wires connected to it. When I was troubleshooting an
intermittent high-rpm performance problem, I found this connection loose
enough to wiggle the wire eyelets around. I cleaned and tightened the
connection, and the problem was cured.

Please let us know what finally fixes the problem.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:56:04 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

The backfire thing is probably caused by an exhaust leak at or near
the manifolds or crossover pipe. Until you are able to get a good CO
reading it is hard to say about the idle. More than likely there is
a vacuum leak you haven't located yet - maybe the vacuum advance
shut off valve is still off allowing the spark to stay advanced,
maybe the manual idle screw is open, maybe the seals at the intake
tubes just after the butterflies are leaking. It sounds like you are
close but need to be very methodical and absolutely sure of each
application function and check now. You might start a checklist and

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:03:44 -0000
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Carolinas Club forming

Hi List,

Just reporting in after our Charlotte get together yesterday. There
were 7 cars total that made it down (the largest gathering of
DeLoreans in NC in perhaps 5 years). We had no real formal plans...
basically a bunch of us DeLorean nerds hanging out talking about the
cars and tinkering with them (we had an extended timing and CO
adjustment in a restaurant parking lot lol). We all had such a good
time yesterday that we're planning on forming some sort of North
Carolina DeLorean owners club. It won't be anything terribly formal or
elaborate; basically we just want to start spending time together,
doing activities, and tech days on a regular basis. If you're an owner
or enthusiast and want to be added to our contact list for future
gatherings, just email me Louie(AT)DeLorean.com . Michael Babb will be
adding some pictures of our gathering to his website in the next day
or so at www.babbtechnology.com, and we will begin working on our own
website soon.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:58:13 -0000
From: "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Lower door panel removal

Hi all,

I'm having a difficult time removing the lower door panel (passenger
side). I've removed the upper panel, removed the screws that secure
the lower panel to the door, removed the plastic infill around the
door release and lock handles and the blank plate (where mirror
switch is on other side), and popped the fir tree clips out. I was
able to remove one of the two screws securing the grab handle
brakcet, the one towards the back of the car, but the one towards
the front of the car is directly under the door lock switch and I
can't get a straight shot at it with a screwdriver. I have a long
flex shaft screwdriver but the screw is in too tight for that. How
do you guys normally get at it? I read the door panel removal guide
on the tech section of dmcnews and it talks about removing the 10mm
bolts that secure the grab handle instead of the horizontal screws.
However in my door I see no bolts secruing the grab handle, only 2
horizontal screws on either side, and then 2 screws on the top (the
ones I'm trying to remove). I'm guessing that the top screws on my
door are the positions he's referring to for the 10mm bolts and for
whatever reason I have screws there instead of bolts.

Also, the passenger window came off the front guide. I've removed
the black piece with the felt on it and near as I can figure the
only way to get it back on the guide is to remove the L shaped guide
from the rest of the gold bracket and slide it through the plastic
piece attached to the glass and then reconnect it to the gold
bracket. Am I right about this or is there another way?

Thanks for the help, and happy Easter!

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:58:31 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Headlight switches

Hey guys,

I don't want to sound like a paid endorser here (I'm not) but there's
only 4 months or so to go until the deadline on Houston's headlight
switch offer expires. Mine has already melted down once and been
resurrected with emery paper and a dremel tool. I probably won't be
able to get away with that again.

We need 134 more orders so pony up guys! I want my new headlight
switch!

Thanks,

Rich A.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:59:40 -0000
From: "cruznmd" <racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: More unwanted grounds...

Has anyone ever had the wiring for the tiny lights in the
headlight/hazard switches ground out?

Mine blow the bulb as soon as you install them. Any likely place to
search would be appreciated.

Rich A.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:30:35 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: More unwanted grounds...

See Message #47858.

Almost lost the car when an internal short set mine on fire (as in
flames from under the dash fire),

I'd recommend modifying your exterior light circuit ASAP.

BTW: My modified circuit only passes 15 milliamps through the switch,
protected by an inline 1 amp fuse nevertheless.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:42:20 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Make sure all 6 spark plugs are firing (put your timing light on each
one, as close to the plug boot as possible. Also pull the plugs for a
visual inspection).

Make sure base timing is correct. But be aware that your scale could
be off -- ran into a couple of cars this weekend with scales that
needed to be re-indexed (in which case you're going to have to time by
ear until Valley of Death is accessible. There's a re-indexing
procedure that requires removing a block plug in there).

Make sure your firing order is correct.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:58:25 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Headlight switches

.....not to be a schill myself, not that me and Hervey have made up yet,
but he sells a headlight relay switch that takes the load off the switch
and keeps it from melting.
The problem might be that you have put in some hotter bulbs,
or your wireing is a little loose and getting hot.
It's on his website.

- VB

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:01:37 -0000
From: "bg9651" <bgraham_at_dml_billgraham.net>

I am in.  Just placed my order.  My switch is working fine but my take
is that supporting this type of arrangement may be helpful in the
future.  Hopefully, DMCH or the other vendors, will support offers
like this in the future for other parts.  After all, it's only $40.

Good luck Rich!

Bill

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:20:41 -0600
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>

    I'm sure you have checked but what the heck, you asked.
    If it will not idle down and purr you should not change the mixture that
is already properly adjusted, or miss adjust anything else.
     I would check timing or something loose, missing or broken inside the
distributor.  Make sure the vacuum hoses or properly positioned on the
vacuum advance solenoid.
    Do you use a dwell meter to set your mixture?  Works really well.  Then
check timing.
Good Luck
Jerry
Vin# 4890

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:39:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Lower door panel removal

Typically there are 2 10 mm bolts holding the pull handle. You reach
them from above and you can get a fairly straight shot at them. I use
a long extention and a socket. If they are not bolt heads but in fact
screws then you can guess they are not origional hardware. You can
have someone help you by holding the lock release lever up while you
go after the foward screw. After removing them replace them with
correct hardware. My guess is they are sheet metal screws, once you
get them loose they should come out easily. If the window came off the
track you probably need to repair the front nylon with a rivet.
Contact Rob Grady for his procedure on how to repair and reinstall the
window. You also probably need a bunch of velcro to prevent the glass
from getting scratched. While inside the door it is a good idea to at
least check all of the lock adjustments and clean the door switch. I
also like to clean the inside of all the loose parts that will just
rattle around and make sure the drains are clear. Be very careful with
all the sharp edges, you may want to cover them with some tape to
prevent injury.

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:42:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

There is nothing that should cause the bulbs to blow. My guess is you
are not using the correct bulb. Try getting them from one of the
Delorean venders. You can also switch either the bulb in the cigar
lighter or the hazard switch to see if they work in the headlight switch.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:35:20 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

After mine caught fire, I used a simpler (and cheaper) single action
hazard switch in the resurrected circuit (is not a direct replacement
in the stock wiring harness, but mine was melted anyway so I just
attached the wires with 1/4" quick connects). Pushbuttons with
pictures are interchangeable. Both switches fit identically into the
dash panel.