From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2568
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:05 PM

1. Re: Frequency Valve not working.
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Update
From: "silverdelorean2002" <jon_at_dml_jonbrodi.com>

3. Re: Frequency Valve not working.
From: delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Update
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

5. clutch fluid levels
From: "fluxmcfly" <bfreyguy_at_dml_aol.com>

6. T-bar reinforcement
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

7. Re: Frequency Valve not working.
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

8. Re: More on idle speeds
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

9. Re: Cruise control question
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

10. RE: Re: Spring E vent in New Jersey
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:13:58 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Frequency Valve not working.

I had the same problem and it was the Lambda relay crapped out on me, a
new relay and it was buzzing again.

I had all the same symptoms you are having.

Check the relay first before ordering, you will hear it click when
power is applied to it.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:21:27 -0000
From: "silverdelorean2002" <jon_at_dml_jonbrodi.com>
Subject: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Update

Thanks to the many that have purchased the Headlight Covers. We
apoligize about the delay with shipping. All covers are now in stock
and ready to ship so there will be no more delays. All orders ship
within 3 days. Take a look at the auction. There are many more
detailed pics available. (If link doesnt work copy and paste the
auction number into ebay 4543332236)

ViewItem&item=4543332236

Coming soon... Rear tailight covers.

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:36:48 EDT
From: delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

I removed the Lambda relay with the key in the "on" position  and installed
it again and I hear it click each time it comes in contact with  the socket.
That means the relay is good then... right?  what  next?

Thanks

Dave,

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:52:53 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Delorean Headlight Covers Update

I would like to see how they attach. I am sure i am not the only one
who wants to see this.

Mark V

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:13:14 -0000
From: "fluxmcfly" <bfreyguy_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: clutch fluid levels

I need some verification on where the resevoir is for the clutch fluid.
I'm not sure if it is under the trunk by the gasoline fill spout or
what type of fluid i should fill it with. thanks bfreyguy_at_dml_aol.com

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:27:43 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: T-bar reinforcement

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the plate that the T-bar
brackets bolt to-not the brackets-the long black plate, the one that
typically unglues and rises up?? I've been working on mine, and just
wanted to see how far down is "proper", I don't want to do all this
and have it still too far up. I know the procedure, to force it down
and all that good stuff, just want to do it right. Thanks-----Dani B.

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:33:16 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

FV should run all the time I was told when my FV went out-a little
cleaning of that ground wire on the back pass corner of the intake
(its not on the bottom where it bolts to the block, it is on the top
part), and it runs again...kinda..lol My FV is no good anymore and
still runs on and off, but the ground is what you should check out and
clean. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:43:16 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: More on idle speeds

Indeed, I'm quite used to working on BBF 390s/427s that idle so slow;
but I just like the idea of adjustability and forgot the engine is
odd-fire and is limited to how low it can go. It just seemed that it
was idling a bit higher then it should. Yes, the screws are seated,
and the butterflies, although still sticking when you release the
accel; are closing all the way. If I hit the accelerator and let off
quickly a few times, then it closes all the way as it should. I've
been playing with distributor/timing adj, and CO-engine still has some
rock and roll at 800. Idles fine when the butterflies stick open at
1500 though...Dani B. #5003

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:49:13 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Cruise control question

Ryan,

The reading of the ohm meter has to be done with respect to what range it  is
set at.  I doubt your meter is reading 0.489 ohms.  I'd guess it  may be 489
ohms, which may actually be normal.  To confirm this you'll have  to check the
specs with the manufacturer or compare with another coil.  Of  course you
must make sure that you disconnect the coil from its circuit prior to  taking
your reading as the circuit itself may affect the reading.

Keep us informed.

D & 6530

Message: 22
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:53:04 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Thanks for the reply, Ed!

I think the coil is bad.  My ohm meter shows "1" for an open circuit
and "0.000" for closed. The coil  tested at "0.489", so I'm guessing
it's bad. Boy, I sure hope fixing it is  this easy. I'm going to take
it back to the store tomorrow and swap it for  another one.

The magnets are fine and I got the coil as close as I  dared. I
reviewed the directions several times, everything is  installed
properly as best as I can tell, although I'm still not sure if I  was
supposed to use just 1 magnet or 2. (1 for RWD, 2 for FWD is what  it
says. I used 2.)

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your reply. Without  it I would not have
known how to test the coil and wouldn't even have  thought it could be
bad. It's all brand new so one just assumes it should  be good. :)

-Ryan

Thank  you,

Dave

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:20:45 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Spring E vent in New Jersey

There are currently no "registered" attendees coming from the Albany area,
or north of it.  This is one of the reasons why we encourage
pre-registration.  ;)

I have a list of everyone who is registered already, and I can make it
available (off the list) to those interested.  E-mail me privately

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680