From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2580
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:35 PM

1. Re: Anomalous brake light
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. Re: Anomalous brake light
From: "Warren Wallingford" <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

3. Re: dead battery
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Re: dead battery
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. DeLorean Poll On Hagerty.com
From: "thebrave65" <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

6. Recovering seats
From: S E Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

7. Odd fire vs even fire PRV
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

8. Re: Source of My misfire and other problems
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

9. Re: How Many BAE Turbos?
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:29:18 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Anomalous brake light

Add some brake fluid to your car.  The light on your dash is not just
for the parking brake, it also measures the lack of brake fluid in your
brake master cylinder reservoir and will light the light if it is low.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:08:20 -0500
From: "Warren Wallingford" <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

That's almost surely the PB handle bouncing.  Lift the carpet piece up a
little and slide the sheath back over the button.  Pat it all back down
nicely.
Warren at DMC

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:14:39 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: dead battery

Sometimes stuff just goes bad. I'd suspect the alternator has failed
again (you didn't mention the type you put in) but before pulling it
out and taking to the parts store for a test, check the connections at
the alternator, starter, battery, and the feed-through under the coil.
Also check the right-side engine mount ground and the frame-to-body
ground just above the starter on the frame.

Does the alternator light illuminate with the key on/engine off? Does
it illuminate with the engine running?

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "fluxmcfly" <bfreyguy_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> Just recently my battery went dead on my car, I put a new battery in
it
> this year and a new alternator two years ago. I noticed my gauge was
> under 11 volts, if my alternator and battery are good what would the
> first thing I would check? Also before this happened my car would not
> start, turn over fine but would not start, the next day if started?
I'm

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:50:40 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

It is best to use a systematic approach. First you really have to have
the battery slow-charged till it is as completely charged as it will
get. Then it should be load-tested. If it is over 5 years old just
replace it. Clean the connections and put it back in. Make sure the
belt is not loose on the alternator. If you still have a problem then
you need to have the alternator tested. Most shops will do it for
free. If the alternator is OK then it will be a wiring problem, a
broken wire or dirty, corroded connections. A charging problem is very
often a bad battery, it just looks like a charging problem. You must
isolate the parts and test them individually so you know if it is the
battery, the alternator, or the wiring. If you have the Ducey
alternator don't waste any time or money on it, just get a Delco.

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:38:31 -0000
From: "thebrave65" <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean Poll On Hagerty.com

http://www.hagerty.com/lounge/default.asp

Interesting question to which I'm not sure how to answer. It's on the
upper right in a small box.

Johnny

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:04:38 -0400
From: S E Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Recovering seats

  There is a 53KB write-up in the files dated 19 Jan, 2004 by waernstnj
that I have need to read, but, I am unable to open any file in WORD .
Could someone please email this to me?
    I will be receiving my new seat skins any day now. I've been told
that they come without instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:19:43 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Odd fire vs even fire PRV

Hi All

Having finally got around to stripping down my Renault 25 turbo engine,
I thought some people might be interested in the differences between it
and the DeLorean engine.

The DeLorean is an odd-fire with shared crank pins. Renault made it
even-fire by offsetting the crank pins.

http://www.delorean.co.uk/cranks.jpg

(DeLorean top / R25 bottom - the picture makes the left hand crank pin
look solid, but trust me, they are all the same!)

This particular engine has a capacity of 2458cc which is achieved with a
91mm bore (same as the DeLorean) and a 5mm shorter stroke. This 5mm then
goes into beefing up the pistons, which are -not- forged, although the
conrods are. Hopefully this photo will show the increased height of the
crown, and the considerably larger little ends. DeLorean right, R25
left. (the R25 piston has one of its shells missing - I'll be changing
them anyway but didn't think of that when I grabbed it for the photo)

http://www.delorean.co.uk/pistons.jpg

All the best

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:30:27 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Source of My misfire and other problems

I popped the new fuel rpm relay in and fired it up. The frequency valve
buzzes now but still no matter what I do the with the air fuel mixture
it doesn't change the reading on the dwell meter. It still holds solid
at  about 21 degrees after warming up. At least the car accelerates now
though. The lambda probe is only a year or two old and I tested it
about 2 months ago. If the light green(I think thats the color for the
thermal probe and wot switch) were grounded It would hold steady at
about 55 degrees. Am I missing something that the dying rpm relay might
have fried? It seems like my quest for a smooth idle is endless.
Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:46:16 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: How Many BAE Turbos?

Andrew.. The Delorean I just bought has a BAE Turbo.  It was installed  by
the original owner, from whom I purchased the car, on 5/1/1984.

Roy VIN #0893

In a message dated 4/20/2005 10:39:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
AJL521_at_dml_aol.com writes:

I  personally have a BAE engine in my DeLorean, which I installed about 2
years back.  The used engine and turbo came out of a low mileage  wrecked
DeLorean.
I have been very pleased with the performance that the  BAE setup has
provided, and I was wondering how many BAE kits were  installed on DeLoreans
over the
years.  Any ideas  anyone?

Andrew
Lansing MI