From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2585
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005 1:14 PM

1. Re: Reverse grinding (Shift Cable)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. Re: Radio antenna and power window
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

3. Re: Fuel Pump Noise (Moving the Pump)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

4. Re: Marker Lights/Parking Lights
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Reminder - Celebration Exotic Car Festival
From: dmcnews

6. Re: Fuel Pump Noise
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Relay Contacts
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Re: Fuel Pump Noise (Moving the Pump)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:57:37 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse grinding (Shift Cable)

Check out Message #48803. This mod makes it very easy to remove and
reinstall the shift cable during transmisson work.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Warren Wallingford" <warren_at_dml_u...> wrote:
>
> You're right.  I posted too quickly.  The opposite would have to
happen-that
> is, the step would have to be higher than spec to cause the problem.
 I'm
> always leary of Delorean-dumb shops who re-surface the flywheel "just
> because".  I've known a couple of instances where the flywheel was
milled
> flat and the car wouldn't move.  My reaction was instinctive, not
> thoughtful.
>
> You're also surely right about them buggering the cross-gate .
Makes you

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:04:08 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Radio antenna and power window

Clicking means the bottom of the "spiral" cable or whatever you wanna
call it-that allows the window to go up or down-has ground out, and
isn't fixable without buying new parts (whole motor assembly?). Unless
you want to dump almost 300 dollars to rid your window of a brief
click, just deal with it. My passenger window does the same thing, has
for 3 years now. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:14:22 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Noise (Moving the Pump)

Of course there's absolutely no reason the pump has to be in the tank.
In fact, there's no reason it has to come BEFORE the filter and
accumulator. You could mount it anywhere with decent air flow, like a
frame rail design. When engineering my low PSI unit, I discovered 2"
NPT pipe is exactly the same diameter as a Bosch pump. You can make an
insert for the stock boot from a short piece of pipe and a cap
(aluminum to prevent weight/rust). Tap the cap for a fitting of your
choice, and you're in business. There are also alternatives to the
stock baffle/pickup that allow you to draw from the bottom of the tank
rather than top of the fuel.

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:21:54 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Marker Lights/Parking Lights

Sean,

Before you go on a major mission, an easy first place to go is the
fuse box.  There are seperate fuses for the left and right sides.  I
had a similar issue and it was as easy as a blown fuse.  I recommend
checking that first.

Sandor
# 3002

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_s...>
wrote:

> Yeah, but if you're getting power one side of the perimeter lights,
it can't be the switch.  There's only one wire leaving the headlight
switch (the red/green one, if I remember correctly) that goes out to
the perimeter lights.  -So this one's got to be the fuse (or at least
past the LMS).

Date: 23 Apr 2005 13:02:02 -0000
From: dmcnews
Subject: Reminder - Celebration Exotic Car Festival

Celebration Exotic Car Festival

Date: Saturday, April 30, 2005
Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM EDT (GMT-04:00)

The Annual Celebration Exotic Car Festival is coming up the
weekend
of April 30-May 1. The event is held in the Disney-built town of
Celebration, Florida, adjacent to Walt Disney World. The event
benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Saturday April 30 there is a concours held along the waterfront
boardwalk in Celebration. If you have never been there,
Celebration
is a real life "Main Street USA" and a beautiful place for a
concours. There are several sidewalk cafes, an eclectic group of
shops and a nice waterfront promonade.
We are expecting 140+ exotics, including Lotus, Ferrari,
Lamborghini,
Pantera, Aston Martin, DeLorean, and others.
Later that evening there is an optional fundraiser gala with a
silent
auction, entertainment and a 5 star dinner. On Sunday, May 1,
there
is a competitive rally and awards luncheon.
All net proceeds are donated to Make-A-Wish. Last year, $40,000
was
donoted through the efforts of this event.
Dimmitt Lotus (Tampa) is a major sponsor of the event. More
information and the registration form can be found at
www.celebrationexoticcars.com
Please come on out, display your car, have a great time- and
help
these children that are in need at the same time.

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 06:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Noise

--- beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> I upgraded to John Hervey's new Fuel Pump last year
> and I never hear this
> Pump "Sing" like the OEM Pump..

I bought John's pump as well along with the pump
filter, and baffle kit.  So far, no trouble, and I had
his old pump filter - I can attest to the quality of
old vs new in terms of the pump filter.  It is well
built, and I have no noise except the "hum" from the
K-Jetronic behind me.  He really does a great job.
some of the stories if you only knew...

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:42:29 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Relay Contacts

Any relay can also be bypassed with a couple of wires. In effect
"manually" running the device it is supposed to operate. There are
certain dangers in doing that but it can be done under emergency
conditions for short periods of time with great care. Generally if the
contacts are burnt in a relay, even with cleaning, they will soon burn
up again. Many of the electrical components in the Delorean are
running continuosly at or above their rated capacity. A part that has
already failed will not work very well anymore even with some
clean-up. When you polish the contacts in a relay you are removing
what is left of the surface on the contact point. The base materiel is
not going to last without that silver. If you do clean contacts (or
have to bypass a relay) plan on replacing it ASAP. Some of the relays
can be moved around. For instance you can always remove the high beam
relay since it isn't critical, and use it for a fan relay or the low
beam relay. You must know what you are doing, some relays are special,
like the RPM relay.

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:46:46 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Actually ther are 2 good reasons you want the pump in the tank. One is
it is usually cooler but on a Delorean that can be debated. The other
is to keep the amount of suction to a minimum to prevent vapor lock.
With today's fuels they are very susceptible to vapor lock. By having
the pump as low in the tank as possible the amount of suction is kept
to a minimum. A third less important reason is generally putting the
pump in the tank keeps the pump noise down. On a Delorean because of
the tanbk's position it doesn't help when the tnk is low.