From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 4:27 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2586

From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

From: "sja1964" <Sjaleccia_at_dml_aol.com>

From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

From: "gerenpreiss" <gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net>

9. Re: I'm Looking for Value
From: Sam Hill <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: antifreeze
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>

11. Re: I'm Looking for Value
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

12. Need Help IN San Jose
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

13. Radio interview on WKRC in Cincinnati (not WKRP)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:35:23 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Noise

Check out this message - it is the coolant pipe routing touching the
tank.

Harold McEraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:39:24 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Suspension Question

I'm doing a DIY shock/strut (possible springs) and new bushings, control
arms, etc., on the front and rear suspension pieces.

Is it necessary (in general automotive repair terms) to replace the springs
while replacing the shocks & struts?

What would necessitate a spring replacement besides aesthetic reasons?

Regards,
Michael Pack

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:08:04 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: IRISH DELOREAN OWNERS MEET-UP

Hi There

The members of the Delorean Owners Of Ireland would like to invite
any onwers anywhere in the world who just happen to be near Northern
Ireland on the 14th and 15th of May 2005 to a gathering.

On the 14th We will first drive to the former DMC factory in Lisburn
for a short rememberance for John, before a trip into the country
side for a scenic memorial run, followed by a meal.

(There will be spare seats in most cars so you dont have to worry
about not being in your pride and joy.)

On The 15th we will hold a tech session and take care of some small
jobs on your car.

If anyone is interested then pleaase contact me by email or by phone.

Email:- pilot25dmc(AT)o2.co.uk
Tel:- 00442840629132 after six o'clock most evenings + ask for
Alistair and my girlfriend will give you my mobile number if I am
not about.

Alistair McCann
Delorean Owners Of Ireland
VIN# PILOT25

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:08:21 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: Insecurity

Hi Gang - Just a quick point of clarification on this message and
the one that initiated the thread ... The Wings-A-Loft Elite System
is not based on the Compustar alarm system.  I wanted to point that
out just in case this message has caused some confusion.  We use a
state-of-the-art system made by Autopage as our base.  If somebody
already has a Compustar system installed, we can add the remote door
opening with our Adapter System.  Some of the reasons that we didn't
select the Compustar system as our base are that it goes through
batteries in the remote very frequently, and the local
manufacturer's rep couldn't seem to get my phone calls returned.  I
didn't want to fight an uphill battle with a non-responsive sales
team.  The Autopage people have been great to work with regarding
most of our technical and sales questions.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_g...> wrote:

> I have heard nothing but good things about the "Wings-A-Loft"
system and the people behind it. This coupled with a Compustar
remote start alarm system are on my to-do list - along with a TON of
other little things .

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:00:19 -0000
From: "sja1964" <Sjaleccia_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: I'm Looking for Value

I have a 1981 Delorean with 34,000 miles. It is in very good condition
and the number off the line is 4617. It is located in San Jose
California. Anybody have an idea what it is worth?

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:56:20 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension Question

Probably no reason on a DeLorean other than to lower it or modify the
handling. I've heard of springs weakening over time due to factors such
as racing or driving on extremely rough roads (think New York City
taxicab) over many miles. The typical low-mileage DeLorean, even at 25
years old, has probably not "worn out" its springs.

Dave S

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:00:09 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Hot Start Problem

Group,
As most of you know the accumulator is 90% of the Hot Start problems.
I have now added the new foam rubber around the container and as
always I have the Hot Start 2 O Ring kit free with the brand new
accumulators in case part of the problem is the primary pressure
regulator in the fuel distributor. I also give a 3 year warranty.
That's why I have a sticker on them along with scribbing the date.
Almost to the bottom of the page.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/fuel-injection.html

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:25:26 -0000
From: "gerenpreiss" <gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net>
Subject: antifreeze

Has anybody used in their Delorean Prestone 5 year antifreeze (pink
color)? Any comments good or bad.
Gus, VIN 5971

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sam Hill <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: I'm Looking for Value

Though a bit vague, it's an interesting question
because I've seen D's that I thought went to low, and
I don't think I've ever seen one that went too high.

Everyone in this group is going to say that if you
have to put a hard money value on the car, that number
is going to depend on so many more factors than the
information you have provided.

The irredeemable parts car in the U.S. has to be worth
at least $5K and a fully serviced, ready-to-go
concours eligible car just under $40K, IMHO.

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:04:47 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: antifreeze

Gus, the safe bet is to stick with the green stuff.  If your car was
design for traditional coolant and you stay on top of maintenance,
there is no reason to switch.  If your car was designed for the
pink/orange coolant, stick with that.

I was considering the same thing and talked to some engineers (I work
for GM).  They said that if your cooling system was designed for the
traditional green coolant there could sometimes be instances of
chemical incompatability between the new type of coolant and the
materials used in your cooling system.

If you are staying on top of maintenance there is no reason to switch.

Sandor
# 3002

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "gerenpreiss" <gerenpreiss_at_dml_n...>

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:57:10 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

There are only 2 things that affect the value of an individual car.
They are condition and "provinence". Mileage indirectly affects
condition. Provinence (excuse my spelling) is it's documented history,
ie, if it was once owned by a celebrity. The value of a "perfect"
Delorean is determined by the marketplace, generally auctions, which
are true "arms length" public transactions. The upper end is somewhere
between $37,500 which DMCH gets for a refurbished car and $60,000 that
Delorean One claims to get. A parts car (a "true" parts car with a
salvage title, extensive damage and rust and is beyond restoration) is
probably worth less than $3,000. The year and the vin is not going to
make a whole lot of difference. A nice driver that starts, runs Ok and
is essentially complete but shows wear and has some issues is worth
around $17-15,000. Of course this can vary a lot depending on the
local market.

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:42:31 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Need Help IN San Jose

My son is interested in a Corvette that is on E-bay in San Jose  Californina
(Sorry guys he likes DeLorean's too but Dad has to many and its Dads toy  not
his)
The car needs to be picked up if we get it Then I will send him out to get
it by plane.
The car is drivable but needs to get to someplace we can hold it until I  can
get him out there.

If anyone is in the area please e-mail me back for more details on where  the
car is

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:44:54 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Radio interview on WKRC in Cincinnati (not WKRP)

Well I just got back from Car Nuts on WKRC in Cincinnati and we talked  about
25 minutes on DeLoreans.  It went well and Roger Kaufman the radio DJ  is
planning to have me back on next fall to talk more and of course to plug my  car
storage place.

They are giving me a cd of the show so we will have that for the  future'

It went well and we got positive press on the car