From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2587
Date: Monday, April 25, 2005 4:57 PM

1. DeLorean Sighting in San Diego
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Stainless Bumper Letters
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Stainless Bumper Letters
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

4. Re: Stainless Bumper Letters
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

5. Re: Stainless Bumper Letters
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

6. Re: antifreeze
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. possibility of North Carolina Service Center opening
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

8. Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...
From: Amy Gesch <heartdeloreans_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:39:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean Sighting in San Diego

HEllo,

Early Sunday morning (about 12:15 a.m.) I was driving
my DeLorean on Interstate 15 North in San Diego just
south of Escondido (near Carmel Mountain Road), when
another DeLorean passed me at a high rate of speed.  I
was going 75 at the time and attempted to catch up
with the other DeLorean, however despite my buring the
needle on my speedometer and going approximately 95
MPH, I was unable to catch up with the other DeLorean.
 Just wondering if the DeLorean owner is on the list.
If so, please contact me via email.

VIN#6453
"Live the Dream"

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:51:45 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Stainless Bumper Letters

Hello.  I just bought a set of the stainless bumper / door jam letters, and I really
don't want them to start falling off as I drive.  Does anyone know of a certain
adhesive or anything that I can use to assure a permanent bond?

Corey

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:04:13 +0100
From: "Christopher Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Stainless Bumper Letters

Araldite (if you can get it in the USA) is not like adhesives which give up
over time...

Chris H

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:14:45 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

They usually have the world's strongest 3M (Hi Randall!) sticky tape already on them. Just make sure you get the bumper very clean and dry before you put them on, you get one chance. I'd be afraid that some other glue would react with the adhsive already on them and work **worse**.

Didn't they come with instructions?

Dave S

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:22:52 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

More important than the adhesive is proper preparation. Make sure you
have the areas WELL cleaned before you adhere. If not, you will just
be sticking to wax, grease, dirt, etc. All will "let go". There is a
product from 3M - Adhesive & Wax Remover Part # 03607.
"Quickly removes wax, silicone, and adhesive residue" "Also suitable
for vinyl and glass surfaces" "Will not harm most cured automotive
paints". I bought mine at "Pep-Boys" automotive chain.
Stephen

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:58:24 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: antifreeze

I have used the orange stuff in mine for about eight years now and have never had a problem.. if u flush the system before u add it it should be
fine..dave..vin 15275

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:07:03 -0000
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: possibility of North Carolina Service Center opening

Hi list,

It looks like there is a distinct possibility that a DeLorean
service center might be opening up in the Charlotte/Concord, North
Carolina area. Everything is very speculative at this point, but
here are the details. Jeff Friday, owner of a very custom DeLorean,
has found someone who is interested in finacially backing him to
open up a service center for DeLoreans. Jeff is probably without a
doubt the most enthusiastic DeLorean owner I've ever met... he
absolutely lives and breathes DeLoreans. He has been an owner for
about 3 years now and has pretty much torn his car down to nothing
and rebuilt it a couple of times, customizing it to his liking as he
goes. For pictures of his car, check out this thread on Tamir's
DeLorean Site Forum:

http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186&start=0

Jeff and I (mainly Jeff due to my work schedule) did an upper engine
rebuild on my car last year, restoring everything while we went.
Here's some pictures of that project:

http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=686

Jeff is just finishing up on a similar project with another local
owner's car, the end results of which will probably be the most
impressive of any car he's done yet (with less colors involved this
time though!).

Why I am posting this to the DML is to gague interest for Jeff's
investor. The investor is looking at buying/leasing a building to
house the service center, and will lease warehouse space to house
cars as well if the building won't provide space to keep customer
cars indoors. They are looking at buying a rollback truck to
transport cars as well.

I believe the main advantage that Jeff's service center would offer
would be customization. He can really make the cars run purr, but he
pays such attention to detail along the way. He chrome plates,
powder coats, paints, and polishes everything as he goes. We're
talking he replaces every bolt with stainless ones, or chrome/zinc
plates them. Your car truly sparkles like it never did (even when it
was new) when he's done with it. Jeff feels that there is a market
for these kind of services, most notably when for us Carolina owners
when the nearest service centers are PJ Grady and DMC Florida, both
of which are more than 10 hours away.

It's important to note he's not trying to compete directly with any
one vendor/service center; but instead Jeff thinks he's got a unique
service he can add to the DeLorean fold, and that there is a market
for a small regional service provider in the Carolinas as well. If
you would be interested in any of this, or simply have
questions/comments etc, drop Jeff an email at delorean_type304(AT)
msn.com or myself Louie(AT)DeLorean.com. It's important to note that
I am not involved in this venture on any level, I am just fielding
interest for Jeff and his investor at this point.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:06:36 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...

Hey everyone,
I wanted to share with you some pics of the birthday cake my wife got for
me.  You guys are some of the few people who could really appreciate this.
What do you think?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/679308/Resizeof2005-04-24028.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/679308/Resizeof2005-04-24030.JPG

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:45:08 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Best...Birthday...Cake...Ever...

Cool cake!! How did she get the gray color? We tried to do one for me
but it came quacamoly green.

Josh

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:49:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Amy Gesch <heartdeloreans_at_dml_yahoo.com>

That is the world's coolest birthday cake!!!  I want one . . . Where the heck do you find a cake like that???  (How many bakers know what DeLoreans look like?)  That is so cool . . .

      --Amy   Well, Happy Birthday!

\

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:52:23 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Looks like someone got carried away with cutting the springs. . . it's
riding loooow.

Dave S.