From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2592
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:36 PM

1. DMC - HOUSTON - KUDOS!!!
From: "rodrael1" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. What springs and shocks should I use?
From: "mike_fm2002" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

3. Re: What parts should I carry with me?
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. New Dmc Group
From: "Jeff" <usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net>

5. Re: Trans noise
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

6. Re: What ever happened with the upgraded D from Houston?
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. Re: HELP! - STUCK IN THE EXHAUST SYSTEM VALLEY OF HELL(7mm studs)
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:07:31 -0000
From: "rodrael1" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: DMC - HOUSTON - KUDOS!!!

I am pleased to note how readily parts are available.   I am very
very satisfied with DMCH I ordered a windshield online Saturday
nite, I received the part Tuesday morning, and by Wednesday evening
installed!!...    OH, also they sent me some great DMC COFFEE?!
What a pleasant surprise!  Talk about great customer service!  The
coffee is from Costa Rica, and is great!...    From a very happy
customer.
THANKS WARREN AND GUYS OUT IN HUMBLE, TX!

Also I have been very pleased from all parts ordered from John
Hervey..   very quick ship and pleasant to deal with.

THANKS JOHN!

I AM A NEW OWNER, AND HAVE FOUND THE SUPPORT VIA THIS NEWSGROUP TO
BE OUTSTANDING, AND THE PARTS AVAILABILITY AND SUPPORT TO BE
FANTASTIC!

RODNEY

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:29:28 -0000
From: "mike_fm2002" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: What springs and shocks should I use?

My next thing I'd like to do it update the springs and shocks on my
car.  What equipment did you use?  Right now, at highway speeds, I
feel a little vibration in the steering wheel, even though the
previous owner said he got an alignment for the car.  The rear also
feels very stiff over bumps, but that's probably expected with a
sports car.  I'd like to get the front lowering springs and some
better performing shocks.  The rears were replaced recently, per the
previous owner, but not sure what they are.   I see two options for
springs and shocks available from PJ Grady.  One option on PJ
Grady's site if for a high performance kit at $680 (including
springs and shocks), then the Eibach performance coils at$399.  What
is the difference between these two kits?  Also, are the springs and
coils difficult to replace if I get a compression tool for the
springs?

Thanks for any advice from the group  Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...>

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: What parts should I carry with me?

I have a full tire repair kit at all times, the
original jack, a set of extra lugs, tire iron,
multimeter, circuit light tester, one of almost every
light: turn signal, dome, and console; two or three
hoses of varying sizes, extra RPM relay, fuel pump,
155 piece toolkit from Sears, soldering iron,
antisieze, dielectric grease, 6 spark plugs, extra
valve caps, torque wrench, extra coolant, spool of 14
gauge wire, sandpaper, an entire bag of extra relays,
extra 10 and 20A fuses, 1 quart of both oil and
transmission fluid, a three way fused jumper, one or
two homemade jumpers, 2 paperclips, and three
toothpicks =).  I'd have a spare transmission if it
would fit.  I have almost everything organized into
three bags, so I still have 1/4 of my trunk and all of
my cargo net area open.

Next I want to get a portable charger.

Jeremiah

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:09:36 -0000
From: "Jeff" <usa_djs_at_dml_webtv.net>
Subject: New Dmc Group

Just wanted to let everyone here know of a new Delorean Group.
interested.  They have some great photos of JZD funeral in it and
maybe of your cars also on that day.   Thanks and may his dream live
on forever.  Jeff

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:53:02 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Trans noise

I'd be afraid of the throw-out bearing.  It has to 'click' into place on
the clutch fork.  If it's in wrong it can wear a ridge in the fingers of
the pressure plate. Their ends will eventually break off.
Warren at DMC

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:57:04 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: What ever happened with the upgraded D from Houston?

It's here.  Come see.
Warren at DMC

http://delorean.com/ohouse2005/events.html

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:07:33 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: HELP! - STUCK IN THE EXHAUST SYSTEM VALLEY OF HELL(7mm studs)

Bill,

When did you last hear that Rob Grady had the stainless 7mm studs?  I had asked him
about these the first time I heard you mention it (several months hago) and he said he
doesn't sell them.

Does anyone know of a company that can make stainless hardware?  I've been trying to get
a quote on making a large quantity of 7mm bolts/studs but no one seems to want to do it,
not even www.totally-stainless.net or other stainless fastener specializing companies.

B.S. computer engineering in a week! FINALLY!