From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2596
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:06 AM

1. Re: Angle Drive Nut size
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: What parts should I carry with me?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. Re: Frustrated beyond belief
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

4. Re: Delorean Owner's Directory
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: What parts should I carry with me? (3 steps to being FULLY prepared)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Leaking Antifreeze
From: "beatlesra1" <beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com>

7. RE: Re: What springs and shocks should I use?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

8. Re: Angle Drive Nut size
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

9. Re: New binnacles (was: Raffle car)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Clutch fluid air Bleeder
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

11. Re: Idle problem
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

12. A/C 3rd Fan Speed
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: What parts should I carry with me?
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Headlamps
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

15. RE: What parts should I carry with me?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

16. Re: Trans noise
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. THREE Bricklins on ebay! thought the group would want to know about them
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

18. Re: Headlamps
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

19. Re: Headlamps
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

20. Re: What parts should I carry with me?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

21. Re: Idle problem
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

22. Re: Frustrated beyond belief
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

23. Re: Idle problem
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

24. RE: A/C 3rd Fan Speed
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

25. RE: Idle problem
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Angle Drive Nut size

For the inside, I use a 1 1/4 open end wrench.  Outside is a 32mm axle nut.  Make sure you get those boys tight when you're done!!!!

Jake Kamphoefner
1063

spaceboy_2912 <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net> wrote:
Anyone know what size of the nut that holds the angle drive in place?

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:46:11 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: What parts should I carry with me?

Good point - here's a much better spare part strategy: Since you have
already spent the money on the new spare part, INSTALL IT on the car.
If you must carry something, carry the OLD one. This will raise the
average reliability of the car, and you still have the old part (as
good as when you removed it) to loan to someone else! This works for
everything from belts to fuel pumps.

Dave S (I do sometimes carry a spare used fuel pump, it has now been
installed in at least 3 different cars as a "loaner".)
----------

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:01:05 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Frustrated beyond belief

I put the timing light on it it was right on.

the same time as the plug wires, cap and rotor.

the normal range.

somewhere, I can lean the mixture out to the point that the engine
starts to die and it's still running rich. The injectors, seals and
clamp for them are all new.

So Rick, I'm starting to lean (no pun intended) toward ignition rather
than fuel system issues. I was thinking about it last night and if by
I have two plug wires swapped around that would cause raw fuel in the
exhaust and would explain the backfiring and rough running with lack of
power.

Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Owner's Directory

Steve,
I used it to send off email info of our Ohio club to those who are not current
participants. So far there have been 2 enthusiastic replies and 13 bounce backs.

To all within this listening area... Help Ken Montgomery out and the rest of the
DOD users by updating your information when it changes!

Thank you.

Shannon Y
16506

-------------------------
   From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Stories

>>snip<<
I've never needed assistance yet, nor have I ever been called on for anything,
but I was wondering if anyone out there has any Owner's Directory stories to
share?

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: What parts should I carry with me? (3 steps to being FULLY prepared)

You download it on your computer and print it.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:54:42 -0000
From: "beatlesra1" <beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Leaking Antifreeze

I need some help..I'm finding a small amount of antifreeze on my garage
floor. Looking closer the coolant is on the oil pan mainly clinging on
the bolts holding the pan on. I don't see or feel anything coming out
of the coolant pump or from any of the hoses that I can see. I changed
the coolant bottle cap about a month ago and didn't see anything so i
thought that fixed it, apparently it didn't. Also the bottle isn't
leaking. It appears to be coming from just above the oil pan or in that
area since on the car that's the only place I can see the coolant.

I had the coolant bottle half filled and it has gone down maybe a 1/4
inch..Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks,

Chuck Darling

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:07:58 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: What springs and shocks should I use?

Shannon and Group
You might also take a look at the 4 shock and platform set up for $449.95.
To get maximum  softest but stable results in ride,  these shocks have all
been balanced to get the best possible ride.
Just and FYI
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/Shock-Kit-jpg.jpg

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:59:25 +0100
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

32mm

Get a very good quality spanner as they can be hard to remove

Dan

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:06:17 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: New binnacles (was: Raffle car)

If you are going to put me out of the refurbising of Binacles and Dashes

PLEASE DO

Its one part I do only because I have to

From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: [DML] New binnacles (was: Raffle car)

Ken wrote:

> Refurbished Binical (leather) since no new ones exist.

There will be an interesting email newsletter going out from DMC (Texas)
this afternoon with an update on the dash and binnacle reproductions. If
you aren't signed up to receive our newsletter, you can do so here:

http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ENewsSignup.asp

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:17:30 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Clutch fluid air Bleeder

Group,
As you know it has been discussed several time about how hard it is to
get to and bleed the clutch fluid through the slave cylinder.
Well it's done, The unit has been built tested and parts ordered and
will be ready to ship in about 10 days. I am making them with an
industrial grade valve, Stainless Steel hose with Teflon inner liner
and a modified bleeder screw that screws into the slave cylinder.
Take out the old bleeder screw and screw in the new one and tighten
with the nut. No special tools and leave it installed.
If you have any question, feel free to call. If it's ordered with the
clutch kit you can take off $5.00.
972-564-9321
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:03:11 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Idle problem

Hmmm...and I thought I had my car running good. My timing is on 13,
and mine only goes up to 2000-2100 RPM when it turns over. The screw
on my idle motor is a mess, it is all chewed up, any ideas on how to
get it out? -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:13:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: A/C 3rd Fan Speed

Question to group,  my 3rd fan speed swicth blows as if it is in low speed, all the sudden!
All other speeds work fine(1,2,and 4).

Does that mean my 3rd fan relay behind the pax seat is bad?
I believe I replaced it once before a couple of years ago.

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Let's just say that after hitting the $30k mark, you
don't want your baby sitting on the side of the road.

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:13:13 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: Headlamps

Group
I just added to the site the Sylvania Headlamps. Cool Blue and HID.
Take a look. The are on the accessories page.
John Hervey

 http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/accessories.html

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:01:05 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Mark and Dave
I agree with you and Dave about carrying a cell phone, But I myself blew a
Water pump hose in Paris, Texas a town of 25,000 and literally had to make a
hose to get back home,100 miles.
The water pump has 1 1/2" outlet's going to the aluminum tubing which is 1
1/4". I couldn't find a hose to work so I made one with some tubing and
that's when I started carrying the adaptor. When I got back I put one on my
web site.
I killed half a day looking and fixing it.
Fuses, jumpers, meter are small things that might get you down the road when
your in the middle of nowhere and all you needed was a fuse.
Back 3 years ago when I came out with the Hot Start Relay everyone
criticized it because it wasn't supposed to be used, But again when I drove
a car back from California to Dallas I wish I would have had one. I was
constantly wearing down the battery trying to get the car started and
killing a lot of time.
I'm not really trying to make a case out of having the kit because I didn't
come up with it, but I have carried one for a long time since there are not
automotive stores on the side everywhere you go. My wife also doesn't carry
hair pins any more.

 .

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:02:37 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Trans noise

--
Well I put it back together again and it made noise for a few minutes of
running then quitted up... It almost sounded like the new throw out bearing

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:52:19 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>
Subject: THREE Bricklins on ebay! thought the group would want to know about them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6472&item=4546120845&rd=1

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:09:27 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Headlamps

John Hervey wrote:

>Group
>I just added to the site the Sylvania Headlamps. Cool Blue and HID.

I can't see HID lamps, John, only a Halogen set (which might say they
are HID's but aren't)...

Quote from:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/superwhite/superwhite.html

REALITY: "Superwhite" ("Hyperwhite", "UltraWhite", "Platinum", etc.,
basically any bulb advertised as being "whiter" than normal) bulbs
produce more glare and less seeing light than standard bulbs.

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:37:26 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

John - What is the wattage?

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:45:45 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Was the one that failed the original 20-year-old hose?

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:10:18 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Did you time it for 15 seconds? - sounds a bit long but, the rev for
a cold engine is a normal thing. It has in part to do with cold-
engine emmissions and the reason for a good anti-back flow oil
filter.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_s...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just want to check if there's anyone out there who has
encountered this and knows how

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:01:39 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

You said it ran ok but had a miss? What is OK? It had power except
for the miss?

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:22:04 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

Okay, it seems my idle motor is not closing all the way and oil didn't
help-anyone have a good used one they don't want? I'm real glad that
this issue has been brought up! -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:47:36 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: A/C 3rd Fan Speed

John, Third speed has it's own relay as fourth and both go through the CB to
operate the blower motor. Leave the 4th speed on for a few minuets and see
if the breaker trips.

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:52:51 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Dan, What screw is that on the motor that is messed up. The idle speed motor
only opens and closes the orifice. As long as it's doing that then it's ok.