From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2626
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:27 PM

From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. Re: Re: Gas Tank Filler Cap
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>

11. Re: Re: Cracked Windshield
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:07:06 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Flickering Battery Light?

Solved.   I believe it turned out to be the one wire connection with the
translucent blue plastic caps on the male and female ends.   The female connection
appeared to be a little too loose, and after correcting that, and tightening
the belt a little, the problem has gone away for now.   Not that there was any
real danger with it the way it was, that flickering light was just extremely
annoying.   It made it 530 miles last weekend without a problem.   I love
having the options of running A/C, Headlights, Windshield wipers, radio, and
whatever else I want with the D140.   Makes the D feel like a different car once
that puny Ducy is removed.

Thanks for all the help. John suggested I check the connections a few weeks
ago when I emailed him about this, but apparently I didn't notice how loose
they were then, only that they were corrosion free.

-Patrick C.

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:18:07 EDT
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Filler Cap

In a message dated 5/18/2005 11:35:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Message: 20
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:46:29 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <sweetp01569_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Gas Tank filler Cap

The  rubber seal on my existing cap seems a little dried out, and I
question  how well it seals fumes from my gas tank. I am in the middle
of replacing  the fuel pump boot cover seal (when it comes in), and
tightening some  other things up to eliminate a leak (when I fill up)
and general gas odor  in my garage.  Are there any aftermarket gas caps
that fit nicely, or  do I need to order one from a Delorean parts
dealer?

I have been using a simple generic cap on 1662 for many years with no
problems.  No manufacturer's name on it, but it is stamped with the number  257.  I
believe it MAY have originally come from a NAPA parts store, over  10 years
ago.

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Purr-use  The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
(http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:38:52 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Power issues (electrical)

I've seen this discussion hit the list a few times but I can never
seem to figure mine out. My stereo cuts out when I have my A/C on, the
stereo comes on and then off every few minutes to every few seconds.
Same thing happens if I turn on the fan switch all the way to 4 real
fast, or if I'm rolling down/up my windows at the same time. I can
also see when I turn the fan switch each number-the dimmer the panel
lights get. Is this a ground thing?  I'm using the green/white wire
for the main power, and the violet for secondary. All my grounds go to
the mounting bracket itself. Didn't used to be this bad everů
Thanks
guys, Dani B. #5003

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:43:35 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Power issues (electrical)

You need a new alternator. My car had a similar problem. When i rolled
up or down my windows the radio would turn off and on.

I installed a D110 alternator from www.specialtauto.com and it all went
away plus everything worked better.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:07:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

You must be very careful in replacing the fuel cap. It is unusual. In
New Jersey they try to test them when the car is inpected and there is
no adapter that properly fits them so Deloreans are officially
exempted from that test.

-

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:25:37 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

Is this really true that no adapter fits our fuel cap???  So in ANY
state, I should be able to argue being exempt from this test? (PA has
state inspection also)

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:20:59 -0400
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: door strut debate suggestion

Has anyone (read between the lines vendor) contacted any of the
manufacturers of the door struts for their manufacturing specifications and
their testing protocol? What is their acceptable quality parameters that
meet their expectations of performance.

Rather than testing, maybe the manufacturers can provide the root cause of
the differences. A compiled list of these specs might be enlightening!

And I am personally interested as I have new struts on my car that are not
brining the door all the way up on the driver's side now.

Cecil Longwisch
#10663 now with water cooled twin turbos!

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:33:22 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Gas Tank Filler Cap

This is where I come in.  Factory, Delorean-specific stuff is usually
the best in cases like this.  Who could resist a new, handsome, black
plastic, guaranteed to fit and work, rubber sealed original gas cap?
Part number 110129, $10.48.

Warren at DMC
800 872 3621

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:12:24 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Same thing happens in Illinois. The technician wanders around the
car, finally asks where the cap is (no flap), takes it and tries to
fit it to the machine, scratches head a few times, and then
checks "passed" on the form. Same drill every time.

I'd be suprised that a generic cap would fit tight, remember that if
it doesn't fit tight, it's an invitation to rainwater in the gas tank
due to where it's located.

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:14:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Matt Spittle wrote:

> Is this really true that no adapter fits our fuel cap???  So in ANY
> state, I should be able to argue being exempt from this test? (PA has
> state inspection also)

There's got to be an adapter that fits, because in Texas, I've had my cap
fail (and then pass after a replacement).

-andrew

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:37:54 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Re: Cracked Windshield

Those repairs are more for preventing a small crack or chip
from getting bigger rather than making a crack disappear.  You
will still see the flaw.

-------------- Original message from Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>: --------------