From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2631
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2005 2:09 PM

1. Looking for Bob Lees And David Toscano
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

2. Re: Upcoming British Car Shows
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Just installed new water pump
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Engine cover
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Antique registration
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

6. Fixed backfire problem
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: BTTF Exhaust
From: "supremeadmiralsenn" <AdmiralSenn_at_dml_flbb.net>

8. DCS magazine did you get yours
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

9. door switch
From: "lordshill1" <lordshill_at_dml_aol.com>

10. repainting
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Re: Just installed new water pump
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: door switch
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: DCS magazine did you get yours
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

14. Re: repainting fascias
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

15. Re: BTTF Exhaust
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>

16. Re: DCS magazine did you get yours
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: Retrofitting Throttle Enrichment Circuit
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

18. Re: door switch
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: Re: Engine cover
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

20. Re: door switch
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

21. Re: Engine cover
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

22. re: BTTF Exhaust
From: "ltshaneclarke" <ltshaneclarke_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: BTTF Exhaust
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: Charge for Phone Time?
From: "dmcgreece" <dmcgreece_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: Re: repainting fascias
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:50:12 +0100 (BST)
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Looking for Bob Lees And David Toscano

I am looking to contact Bob Lees and David Toscano off list. If anyone could help me, by contacting them, or by giving me their email addresses it would be very helpful.

Thanks all!

Chris

Chrisdmc_at_dml_hotmail.com

Deloreansforsale.com

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:36:42 -0000
From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Upcoming British Car Shows

 I would also like to mention the Carthage, Missouri British car
show, July 22-24.

It is hosted by GOBMC (Greater Ozarks British Motoring Club. I would
like to invite any owners or enthusiast in the
Arkansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area, or elsewhere, to join us.

I have shown my Delorean there a few times and it is one of the most
popular cars. It's lonely though, there seems to be very few active
owners in these parts.

Info can be found at http://gobmc.org/registration.htm or by emailing
me at wayofcain(at)aol.com. We reserve block of rooms for all of the
owners, have a BBQ, a banquest, and various driving activities.

I would love to have someone to compete with in the Delorean class
this year.

Thanks,
Cain Grimes
002835

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:50:02 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Just installed new water pump

I rarely have success with "Easy-Outs". I agree that the name is a
marketer's figment of his imagination. On the rare occasions I have
felt inclined to use them I generaly have to deal with the broken
remains too. They do work pretty good on broken pipes though, just not
bolts. If you think broken easy-outs are bad try broken taps or
drills! On many occasions I have to try to undo the damage left by
others. It can be challanging! I find my best friend is always the
acetalyne torch. It generally is the best way to go. Especially on
exhaust work.

ong

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:54:08 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Engine cover

If the cover is rubbing on the rear facia it will not spring up. You
may have to adjust the cover foward so it doesn't rub. You do that by
loosening the hinges and moving it. After adjusting the engine cover
you will have to adjust the rear sunshade.
 For the front you have to adjust the latch so the loop goes right
into the center and you may have to shorten the smaller spring in the
latch to get it to pop up.

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:26:40 -0400
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Antique registration

On January 2, 2007 I can register my DeLorean as an antique in the state of
Virginia. Now I just need to decide if I want the plain black & white plates
or the antique yellow plates.

Dave Sontos
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:55:37 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fixed backfire problem

Hey all I finally fixed the backfiring problem in the exhaust.. the intake
manifold was loose so i took it off and put new seals again and new bolts now
it is nice and tight.. the car runs great and doesnt backfire anymore when u let
off the gas.. but it still doesnt run that greatly at idle.. it sits there and shakes
alittle.. also where i have the c0 adjustment screw is pretty close i think.. if i
make it any richer the cars idle fluctates up and down and wont settle down
but it does where i have it.. any suggestions as to the shakeing still???
Thanks..Dave..vin 15275

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:47:22 -0000
From: "supremeadmiralsenn" <AdmiralSenn_at_dml_flbb.net>
Subject: Re: BTTF Exhaust

FYI, I'm almost 100% sure the BTTF cars had V8 engine noise dubbed in.

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:57:16 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS magazine did you get yours

If you ordered a DCS magazine and have not received Vol 2  issue 2  please
e-mail me before Sunday night so I can get a rough number of how many did  not
make it.

I am making a formal complaint to the Post office for being  incompetent

The case study worker has seen some of the tattered and torn packages that
get delivered so if you received the magazine and the envelope was damaged
please e-mail me back as well.

This time however it appears that we lost few magazines but they arrived
torn and pretty beat up. Fortunately the magazines inside were not too  bad.

I buy good envelopes.

We want to improve the quality of how you receive them but I do need input
to do so

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:44:47 -0000
From: "lordshill1" <lordshill_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: door switch

The prior owneer had disconnected the switch (s) and I am not able to
tell which is for the door lights and which is for the interior light.
Which is which?
     The interior light seems to burn very hot and was wondering if
there is a led bulb for it?  I've ordered a new light assembly and do
not know if it comes with a LED bulb.  I've been finding alot of
corrosion in the connections and am using a corrosion cleaner and
sealer that I have for my MG restorations.
     Thanks for your help.

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:13:01 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: repainting

Hi everyone just got a few quick questions, due to some minor
vandalism and some careless on my part I need to repaint my front
bumper and facia. Also I would like to repaint the rear louvers and
bumber. Currently I'm broke so hopefully in a few weeks I can start
this.... however I have no experiance painting parts of cars. I have
the paint codes since those parts were last painted.... maybe in
late 90s or so. And with the lovers they are becoming kinda dull. I
have access to a compressor and gun for the work. What type of work
is involed to do it right? I have a grage to store the car in while
I may attempt to do this. i don't have the money to pay someone else
and have some other more urgent problem areas that need addressign
first.
My question is am I strpping all of the old paint off?
How may times do I want to code it?
what type of sand paper do I use?
How long dies it usually take to dry?
and anything which I'm sure I'm over looking?

I have painted many paintings... (I love art)
And have done mondels both kits and self desgined.

Just curious as to what will go into it.
I wasn't to worried but the paint around were someone decided to use
a razor to leave thier mark has began to rise from the car.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Darryl

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:24:46 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Just installed new water pump

My easy out saved me when I broke off three spark plugs (originals, never had
been replaced) when trying to get them out of the PRV.   The easy out took
out what was left of the plugs in a matter of minutes.   Now I know to use
penetrating oil the day before, but the easy out from Sears was a lifesaver.

Patrick C.

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:30:27 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: door switch

I replaced my interior lights with LED bulbs and was not very happy with the
result.   Sure the old ones did burn VERY hot, but the new ones cast this
ugly, white light into the interior, not the pretty yellow light the old bulbs
did.   Plus, I noticed that with the LEDs the auto turn on feature of the
interior lights doesn't work anymore.   It used to be when the switch was in one
position and the doors were opened, the lights would turn on.   Now, the interior
lights stay on regardless of what position the light is switched to.   I put
the old bulbs back in, I like their look better.

FYI, the LEDs do look great in the engine compartment and trunk, that is an
instance where the nice white light the LED projects looks good.

-Patrick C.

Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:06:13 -0500
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: DCS magazine did you get yours

I'd be willing to spend the extra money for UPS.

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 03:45:05 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: repainting fascias

Darryl,

Coming from a guy like me who generally likes to do *everything*
himself, I can tell you that repainting those bumpers will cost you
more than it would to take the car to a professional.  You sound like
you have never painted anything before, and if this is true, well,
there's no way you'll be able to match the experience of someone who's
been painting cars for 20 years or so.  The fascias aren't the easiest
thing to paint to begin with, let alone as a starter project (just ask
Josh Haldeman) :)

Another thing...are you telling us that you don't have insurance on
your car?  Usually, acts of vandelism are covered (at least on my
policy), and that would leave you with a smaller bill anyway.

Good luck,

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:58:05 -0000
From: "anbrahaesl" <anders_at_dml_smartfilm.se>

I argee on the comment of dubbed in sound of a V8, and probably some other sounds.
However I have installed the Free Flow Exhaust system from DMC Huston, and the result is
mind blowing. Weather it sounds like the BTTF car on not, now I can start my car next to
my friends DeTomaso Panthera with out embaressement.

Anders #10238

(Sorry for the spelling, my spellcheck just went mad...)

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:40:09 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

unfortunately the amount in extra postage for me exceeds the cost of the
magazine
I will be working with the post office to find out why

By the way even if I mail them regular mail they are getting damaged the
same way

someone has to hold the post office accountable

may as well be me

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:56:09 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Retrofitting Throttle Enrichment Circuit

I recently came across a post by endotex23 , that  I saved on my computer,
about retrofitting the throttle enrichment circuit to  richen the mixture in an
electronic way as opposed to using the CPR  directly.

He was answering questions by a "Rick" and  a  "Jim". and it was on Sat, 12
Mar 2005 03:39:21

Has anyone tried those modification?  If so what  was your impression?

Why can't I find the orginal post  anymore?

Thanks

Dē & 6530

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:59:27 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

Hello.. I am aware of how to set the interior light to turn on when the  door
opens.  There are two switches in the door jam.  I need to know  which one
does what.  Which one does the lights in the door and which one  does the
interior light.  Thanks,

Roy

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:03:52 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Engine cover

Dave and all..I cannot find any spring on either cover (front or  rear).
Please advise as to where it would be located.  Thanks,   Roy

In a message dated 5/21/2005 8:21:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net writes:

If the  cover is rubbing on the rear facia it will not spring up. You
may have to  adjust the cover foward so it doesn't rub. You do that by
loosening the  hinges and moving it. After adjusting the engine cover
you will have to  adjust the rear sunshade.
For the front you have to adjust the latch so the  loop goes right
into the center and you may have to shorten the smaller  spring in the
latch to get it to pop up.
David Teitelbaum
vin  10757

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:51:06 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

There are two switches and 4 wires.  Two of those wires are probably
ground, the other goes to the lights and the other goes to the buzzer
to tell you the key is in the ignition.   If you hear a buzz when the
door is open, you know that is not the correct wire and it goes to
the other switch.  Should be fixed with 5 minutes of trial and
error.  The buzzer switch is on top, the door light switch is below
that.

Hope that helped,
Patrick C.
1880

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:10:12 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

On the latch mechanism for the hood (the front) you have to remove 2
of the bolts that hold the plastic cover on. Once you do you will see
2 springs. Shorten the smaller one 1 loop. Make sure the loop on the
hood (bonnet) falls right into the center of the latch without rubbing
either side. On many cars I have seen where it has just about worn
right through from rubbing. You adjust it side-to-side on the hood by
loosening the 4 small bolts. You adjust up and down by loosening the
latch on the body. I would add an extra "emergency" cable so if the
main one should break you can still open the hood.

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:20:39 -0000
From: "ltshaneclarke" <ltshaneclarke_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I also wanted a more burly sounding exhaust note coming from the engine
bay of my DeLorean.  I'm not one to modify my DeLorean or do anything
that would be permanant.  So, I looked to my favorite sounding exhaust
note coming from my Ferrari 308, which is equipped with a MONZA exhaust
system.  I went on ebay and bought two Pacesetter MONZA Big Bore pencil
tip exhaust tips.  These pencil tips blend in nicely under the
DeLorean's rear end and each have glass pack resonators in them.  They
come in sizes for every exhaust and you can either get a 3 inch or 3
1/2" outlet for those less daring.  Or for you out there who like to
make a little noise once in a while you can get the full size 4"
outlet.  I've had them on for a couple of weeks now and I've gotten
great reactions from people.  The yellow trim and prancing horse on the
exhaust add to the exotic nature of these cars.  The cost for these
tips are anywhere from $8 - $50.  They're easily removed if you're
unhappy with them or want to enter a concourse.  The only other way
I've come up with to boost up your exhaust note is to install a Ford or
Chevy engine (No thanks!).

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:51:19 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

If you paid close attention to the directors commentary version of
the BTTF part 1 DVD you would here Bob Gale explain how the exhaust
sound was dubbed over to make the car sound more powerful.

True, I love the sound of the movie exhaust, but the doors don't
make those cool sounds when opened either :-)

I too had a loud flowmaster on a 16851 when I purchased it, but the
droning sound just wears you out fast. Luckily, I also obtained the
complete stock exhaust from the car in the lot of parts that came
with it. Needless to say, I have went back to stock.

And basically if the exhaust doesn't have any leaks, or damage, be
very happy & don't mess with it. Just a suggestion, trust me.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
&

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:27:25 -0000
From: "dmcgreece" <dmcgreece_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Charge for Phone Time?

The circumstance in which John charged me for the phone call was as
follows: I called to order parts and he asked if I was a new Delorean
owner which I replied yes.  He then said let me call you later to
explain what other items you might need as the car ha less than 1000
miles when I bought it with nothing being previously done to it.  I
agreed and he called back.  The call consisted of John promoting his
products and giving a sales pitch.  The phone call also included non
essential conversation as well of which he did the talking and I did
the listening.  When I got the invoice for my order there was an
added charge of $12 and change for phone conversation.  I called John
to inquire about this charge and his response was "there is so little
markup on the parts that I sell that I need to cover the long
distance cost.  I told him that I could have called him back as I
have free nights and weekends on my cell phone in which John replied
that he didn't know of such a thing and he has to pay for his long
distance calls.  The problem that I have with this is that I didn't
ask him to call and the gist of the call was John promoting his
parts.  This is not a good business practice and totally rubbed me
the wrong way.  To John's credit the parts that I received worked
very well.  John is considered to be less expensive than other
vendors but with frivolous charges like phone time the savings is
negated.  I only would buy from John if there is a significant price
difference and if I tried items such as door struts from other
vendors and was not satisfied.   Jim
yahoogroups.com,

Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Darryl Givens <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: repainting fascias

I do have coverage, I discovered the mark not long ago so I want to call on Monday to report it. But the first part of the job i know I have to pay. I can't remeber if I have to pay the first $250 or the first $500, which I don't have the cash for either, and figured hopefully to put that into my oil leak and some other here and there things. But sounds like I may as well wait and let someone who deals with this on a regualr basis do it then huh?

Thanks

Darryl VIN5898