From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2638
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:52 PM

1. 'Looking Back at the Future' documentary
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

2. Re: Door seal kits
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

3. Re: side stripe files (where to get)
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

4. Re: DMCH's "deloreans" magazine
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

5. Sad News from Don Steger
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:54:57 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: 'Looking Back at the Future' documentary

For those on the list who are interested in the BTTF aspect of the
marque, please check out the new trailer for the upcoming documentary
on the BTTF trilogy, "Looking Back at the Future":

http://www.bttf.com/lookingback/

An article with further details can be found on the front page of our
site at http://www.bttf.com/

Enjoy,

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:04:21 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Door seal kits

Actually, Marc, it's very good. If you were coming to the open house
next month, I'd let you look at as much of it as you want. Might even
let you buy some if you wanted it. :-)

Seriously, Warren mis-spoke. The only NOS rubber seals that are sold
are the roof seals and door sill seals (and soon they'll be gone, too
and we'll have new ones of those), the inner and outer door seals are
all new stuff.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
800/872-3621

> NOS?  How good can 25 year old rubber be?

Here comes the cavalry. Part number K111666, Door Seal Kit, Early
Style, $449.00.
Consists of all door rubber: Inner seals, glue-on outer seals, roof and
sill seals. I don't have a pic, but it's all NOS except the rear outer
seals which are custom-cut from new seal stock and the inner seals which
are new.

Warren Wallingford
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA

http://www.delorean.com
800/USA-DMC1
281/441-2537
281/441-2813 Fax

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:08:01 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: side stripe files (where to get)

I think VideoBob was selling them with the VIN numbers cut in to them,
or perhaps it was James Russell-Grant in the UK.

In any case, if you just want the files to take to your local sign
shop, then email me at james (at) delorean.com and I can send them to
you. We had them remade some time ago, but never offered any for sale.
We're offering the side stripe files to people at no cost, only asking
that they not use them to create stripes for re-sale. It's quite
painless to take or email this file to a FastSigns and have a set cut
for you - and usually less than $70 or so.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
800/872-3621
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:18:59 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH's "deloreans" magazine

Joshieloo -

Yeah, this issue was a challenge. We hired a new designer, and this
was the first issue she completed on her own, and it was a bit of a
learning process for her. Then, in March, JZD passed away, and meant
that some things had to be re-arranged in the magazine and the cover
changed.

Unlike Gullwing and the DCS magazine, which are printed on a laser
printer, the quantities that we print in pretty much necessitate that
we print on a real printing press. Far higher quality, but requires a
bit more preparation to get ready for press, and when something
changes, it usually means more than just what changes has to change.

We sent the files to the printer last week, and they had a problem
with the ink saturation on some of the pages,so I sent it back for
re-print. This issue, with the JZD cover photo and content, even if it
was late, I wanted to make sure it looked as good as it could. I kept
a handful of the bad ones here at the office, and dropped one in the
mail to you today. You'll still get another of the new ones, I expect
to have them and mail them Tuesday (after Memorial Day) next week.

I don't think questioning our "passion" was called for, but I can
understand I share your frustration. As the editor of "deloreans", if
you have any questions about the publication, I encourage you to call
or email me directly and I am happy to talk to you it and welcome your
ideas.

James Espey
james (at) delorean.com
DMC (Texas)
800/872-3621

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:28:12 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Sad News from Don Steger

I regret to inform all of you that today Don Steger called to inform me that his daughter Sarah had passed away early Monday Morning.

This was to say the least unexpected and our prayers and sympathy go to Don and his family.
There will be a private funeral next Wedensday.

As of today the funeral arrangemets are being made and I will pass on what information is available as I get it.

If you wish to send anything to the family at this point please send it to

DeLorean Motor Center
13881 West Street
Garden Grove, CA 92843

Don will be out for the forseable future so he has asked if you need anthing please contact Dan at DeLorean Motor Center in his absence.

Don has been in our community for a long time and your support of him and his family at this time is greatly appreciated.

Ken Koncelik