From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2652
Date: Thursday, June 02, 2005 1:39 PM

1. Re: AC blows intermittently
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

2. Re: Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars (was: Value of a "restored" DeLorean)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

3. Re: Value of a "restored" DeLorean
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

4. Re: Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:12:29 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: AC blows intermittently

Greg - We had something like this happen in Winged1 several years ago
(Rally to Leavenworth to be exact), but the air would not come out of
the center vents at all.  On the right side of the air plenum, there
is a vacuum actuator with a little plastic pitman arm that moves the
main air distribution flap inside the plenum.  On Winged1, the
plastic arm had failed.  I made a new one using a scrap of aluminum.
The other aspect of this could be a leak in the diaphram of that
actuator.  It is a royal pain to get to this area, but it is possible
without disassembling the dash.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Greg Linstad" <glinstad_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> After working perfectly last year in VIN #6214 (automatic trans),
my AC now blows steadily at idle or coasting at any speed, but
rapidly slows down to almost no air movement upon acceleration.
Additionally, it now only blows out the armrest vents, not the ones
above the radio. This seems like it is a vacuum related problem, but
I'm stumped as to how too find and fix it. When I first noticed this
I did get the center vents to work by moving the mode switch back and
forth between settings, but now no setting causes them to work.

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:46:10 +0100 (BST)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars (was: Value of a "restored" DeLorean)

Hey that looks amazing James. Do you have any more similar to that?

Thomas
Vin 4087
Belfast

James <james_at_dml_usadmc.com> wrote:
First, here are some photos of a remanufucatured car in progress here
at DMC (Texas). These photos were taken a couple weeks ago, but show
the frame being assembled. Note that this started as a bare frame and
was built to this point. Attendees to the DMC (Texas) Open House event
will be able to see this completed car, as well as the next one to be
assembled.

or

http://tinyurl.com/cocrd

There is a difference between a restored car and a remanufactured car
here at DMC (Texas) as far as terminolgy goes and the distinction is
important to note.

A "restored" car, as we use the term, is a client's car that has been
brought in for service work. The extent of the restoration is limited
only by the client's budget :-) and be as deep as a frame-up or simply

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:54:20 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: Value of a "restored" DeLorean

I think you missed James's point... THE BLUE BOOK says that a vehicle
restored by DMCH has the higher value. James was just quoting the book
properly where the eBay seller was misquoting the book.

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:03:56 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: Frame-up restorations/refurbished cars

Marc, I think the key phrase is "UP TO 30%". Could be .01% could be 30%
I would think restored is on the low end and the refurb is the higher value.