From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2662
Date: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:42 PM

1. Re: Restoring interior trim... What to use?
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

2. Re: Re: Restoring interior trim... What to use?
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

3. Re: Water Pump Controversy
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:26:18 -0400
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring interior trim... What to use?

I have found that J-B Weld is the best for repairing the broken posts on the
kneepads. I've tried two part epoxy and even hot melt glue but neither had
the structural integrity of the J-B Weld. If the hole is just cracked I
remove the pin, put some JB into the hole and then screw the pin back in. If
a section of the hole is broken off I place the pin in the good section and
then flow the JB over the pin . The JB is fluid before it sets so you need
to position the part after applying the JB so it doesn't run

Dave Sontos

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:39:57 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Restoring interior trim... What to use?

I heard PVC glue made for PVC Plumbing pipe works great for the
Deloreans interior plastic parts.

Mark V

Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 03:27:20 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Water Pump Controversy

I've never understood the big water pump controversy. There really
isn't much of anything to go wrong inside a water pump. They are not
complicated pieces of machinery -- just a shaft that spins on some
bearings, with a pulley stuck on one end and an impeller stuck on the
other. That's it.

Of course the seal that the shaft passes through will eventually go
bad, but water pumps have always done that. That's how you know it's
time to buy a new one.

If the back is leaking, simply unbolt it and either replace the gasket
or make your own with a bead of silicone.

I suppose if the white metal (pot metal) casting wasn't any good, that
could be an issue. But I've never heard anyone complain about a PRV
pump body itself cracking.

IMHO, the big controversy is price. For any of my other vehicles I can
buy a brand new water pump $20-$40. Try finding a PRV model that cheap
(except eBay).

For anyone contemplating a non-vendor purchase: be aware that PRV
water pumps are made for two different backs, which I call "right
handed" and "left handed" (for the side that the big takeoff barb is
on). Ours are left handed, looking from the front. A right handed pump
has the impeller groove on the wrong side -- won't work with a stock Y
pipe. Be sure to get a pic of the back or inside of the pump before
you buy.

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_s...> wrote:
> Martin,
> We had this same conversation a year or so ago when Houston was
saying that
> if wasn't their pump or a Renault pump, then it wasn't any good and was
> classed Aftermarket. First let me say PRV6 Not PRVD6. The pumps I
use are OE
> in every way and I proved it on the web site by comparing the
construction
> of the pump and the size of the impeller for water flow on the back
of the
> pump with what we can get over here which come from one of the European
> countries. We have no pump manufactures over here. They are the same
pump.
> Also, Since I'm a parts man, I have looked at a lot of pumps that
came in
> different pretty boxes and I can almost tell you who made the part
inside.
[moderator snip]