From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2670
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:39 AM

1. Re: Special rules for me (Marc Levy) -- Plus Claudia Wells on Radio
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

2. Re: Where do I find demineralized water for cooling system?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:46:14 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Special rules for me (Marc Levy) -- Plus Claudia Wells on Radio

Marc Levy proposed a theory that special rules apply to him:

 > I say lost, because I did
 > not receive an official
 > rejection notice. But it
 > seems to be common for my
 > posts to be rejected with
 > no notification, or reason.

I'm not moderating this week, but I'll indulge Marc Levy's vanity and
respond to the thread he started with his own name in the subject line.

The moderators generally give little latitude in discussing exchanges
that have not been published on the DML. Examples are hearsay claims
that someone said something scandalous away from the DML, or claims that
legions of silent supporters share a belief they've never expressed on
the DML.

If we allow this behavior, the DML could break down into tabloid
bedlam.  Anyone with an axe to grind could make any sensationalist claim
yet sidestep responsibility by attributing it to events other DMLers did
not witness.  Marc Levy, perhaps you should feel this week's moderator
has been especially lenient with you because your thread about yourself
was approved at all.

This tidbit doesn't deserve its own thread, but previous and future
DeLorean Car Show guest Claudia Wells was interviewed on today's
Marketplace Morning Report (business radio show).  The interview aired
June 9, 2006 near the end of the 6:50 AM broadcast, which is archived on
their website:

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/index.html

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you tomorrow,

- Mike Substelny
off duty DML moderator

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:52:38 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Where do I find demineralized water for cooling system?

All the majors have a 50/50 already to go with the deionionized water.
I use the Texaco brand.

Harold McElraft - 3354