From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2672
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2005 1:37 PM

1. RE: Re: Upper door seals
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. RE: Shade Tree Mechanic (MT Bleeder)
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

3. Extended convex mirrors
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

4. Re: Shade Tree Mechanic (MT Bleeder)
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

5. Re: Re: Seat Options
From: doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Almost fixed
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Northern Michigan Classic Car Show--2500 cars--Interested?
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

8. Feedback through CB when engine is running.
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>

9. Re: Re: Upper door seals
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

10. Re: Show in Merrimack, NH
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

11. From the lobby of the hotel Sofitel
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:30:06 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Upper door seals

Be sure you buy aluminum because of rust.
john Hervey

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:32:43 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Shade Tree Mechanic (MT Bleeder)

Robert, This is the easiest way and less messy once you install it.
John Hervey
We try to solve problems:
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:31:49 +0200
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Extended convex mirrors

Hello all

Here's another update on the production of the Extended convex heated
mirrors for the DeLorean.
I still have a few sets left. Actually more than a few. I'm really surprised
but a lot of people who were seriously interested in the mirrors decided not
to even reply to my emails! Before the mirrors were available I would get
lots of emails saying that they want a set. Once I emailed them that the
mirrors are here.... nothing, no reply to my email. I will try to contact
those who preordered a set and wouldn't reply to me now.
Anyway, I still have those mirrors available. I also have one set of the
UNHEATED mirrors left if anyone is interested.
Another thing, I had to change the way I ship mirrors. From now on I will be
using International Priority Registered Mail with Return Receipt. The change
came after one person did not receive the package and it seems to be lost.
This way I will have more control over what happens to the shipment.
Unfortunately that brings new price for shipping. Yet another reason for
higher price is the fact that almost all use PayPal which costs me more.
Here are the new prices when paying with PayPal:
$125 US and Canada
$122 Europe
Contact me directly for other countries.

I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed in some people from the DML. I
did not want to charge people up front for the mirrors and then make them
wait another two months for them to arrive. I thought that someone might not
be too excited about sending the money overseas for a product that doesn't
even exists. That is why I chose not to charge anything up front. And that
was actually a bad idea. I borrowed the money to get the mirrors made and
now I have lots of mirrors and a nice debt.
So, if anyone preordered mirrors before but didn't get them yet, please do
so now. Be fair, if you wanted a set, I made it for you and it's here
waiting for you.
If anyone is interested in a set, get it while they last.
Installation instructions in PDF format are available for download from
www.deloreana.com

Greetings from Poland

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik_at_dml_vp.pl
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:44:56 -0000
From: "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_procomroofing.com>

Short Answer: 8mm

To make my life easy I pulled the stock bleed screw out and tossed it.
I replaced it with part # SB7100sss from www.speedbleed.com.
It's a bleed screw with a check valve in it. Open it once, put a
hose on it (they have a great bleeder bag combo on the website), pump
the clutch until the new fluid comes out clean (make sure you keep
the resevoir full-Castrol, GTLMA Dot 4 ), remove the bleed bag,
tighten the bleed screw, put the protective rubber cap on it(comes
with the new bleed screw). Repeat every two years (same for the brake
system).
Nice, neat, clean.
The part # above is for the stainless steel version (why not?) or
they do have plain steel, just drop the last two ss from the part #.

Stephen

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:57:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Seat Options

You know honestly comfort is a major concern.  I'm
just concerned that the foam underneath may have
become hard and stiff.  I don't have any other
delorean seats to compare this to.  Do you think that
is something I should worry about?  Or does the foam
usually remain okay?

Maybe even someone can tell me how it feels when they
sit in their seat, do they like sink in to it a little
bit, or is it kind of firm and you feel like you're
sitting ON TOP of the seat?

Jon

--- David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:

> If they aren't ripped up you can try redying them. I
> used Leatherique
> and had excellant results. Once you get over using
> sandpaper on the
> leather it is easy. Only the "seating surfaces" are
> leather. The sides
> and back are vinyl. The other leather parts are the
> shifter boot (if a
> 5-speed) and the steering wheel cover and the door
> pull straps.
> Everything else is vinyl or carpet.

[moderator snip]

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:50:41 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Almost fixed

Hey all just got my car back from having the ac charged and leak tested for
the summer... also had the mechanic do a final vacumn leak check and the
last little bit of leaks are coming from some of the injector supports that go into
the head.. has any one ever replaced these and do they just pull out and tap
the new ones in??? I have never heard of this or read anyone doing it.. but i
know Houston has them for like three bucks apiece or some thing like that...
Thanks to all who answer..Dave..vin..15275

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:03:46 EDT
From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Northern Michigan Classic Car Show--2500 cars--Interested?

Hey everyone,
     Just thought I would remind you that one of the biggest car shows in
Michigan is coming close, in St. Ignace, right across the Mackinac Bridge.   The
dates for the 3 day show are June 23-24-25.   Apparently in these 3 days
typically 200,000 spectators come through, and it would be a great opportunity to
take your DeLorean out.   I ran into a guy the other night who was shocked I
was driving a DeLorean because he has an '81 and has been working on it for a
few years.  He is planning to attend (assuming he gets a new fuel accumulator
installed by then), and off the top of my head I know of 2 or 3 other owners who
expressed interest.   If you think you are going to make it, shoot me an
email and maybe we can save some space to get the DeLoreans parked together.

The website for the event is here: http://www.nostalgia-prod.com/

-Patrick C.
1880
Wishing I was at the DMCH open house

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:03:40 -0700
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Feedback through CB when engine is running.

Patrick,
Your feedback problem is in effect, having isolation between the antenna ground and the CB ground.  This is complicated in that the coax from the radio to the antenna is supposed to be for isolation, keeping the signal going through the cable from being affected by the signal being radiated from the antenna.  Without a good ground to the car chassis you will have trouble.  There are wires between each of the panels, but they become "chokes" that don't allow the RF (that's the signal in the coax and antenna).  The problem with the DMC is that the only continuous ground is the car chassis itself.  Using a radio ground like the Parking Brake ground is useless.  Try running heavy (like #16 or thicker) wire for both the +12 and return (ground) from the same place, for example out of the area where the fuses are.  You probably could even pick up power from one of the circuit breakers, for example the AC/Heater fan breaker and the ground should be attached to the metal on that panel (making sure you get a good solid connection for the ground.  Fortunately running wires around inside of the car isn't too bad, as there are plenty of carpets, etc. to hide them under.  Also try running a heavy (again # 16 or thicker) from the antenna base to the car chassis directly.  You might try using the engine block, but the grounding between the engine and the chassis may be good or bad (depending on corrosion).

Good luck.
Al Roberts
twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net
#4649/#16049

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:25:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

WOW this was a hard piece to take off, let alone drill the rivits. I did it and managed to take the rivit heads off, then to take the seal out, i had to bend and twist it out. How am i suspposed to put a new one on with the door on. THe old piece looks like a "Z" once it came off. I still have to take the rest of the rivits out too.

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:They are not special Delorean rivets. Any rivet of the correct size

Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:09:24 -0000
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Show in Merrimack, NH

My friend and I are going. I don't have a "regular' D to bring, but I'll bring the right-hand
drive Sunstar that I had on display at Pigeon Forge, and well as a possible sneak peak at
my project for Pheasant Run (if I have enough of it done by then).

-Dave J.

http://www.northeastexotic.com/

Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:19:22 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: From the lobby of the hotel Sofitel

Just a quick video of all of us here having a blast here in the
hotel in Houston.
James Espey, Dave Swingle, Tamir, Rich W., Ron Wester, Don Stegar
and a whole bunch of other cool people....
we're having a blast!

Download it here:
http://www.bttfstuff.com/mov07707.mpg