From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:41 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2674

1. Re: Extended convex mirrors
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

2. "Features" Was: LEDs in Dome Lights-
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:16:11 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Extended convex mirrors

Tom, your experience mirrors (please excuse the pun) that which Toby had
when he had his first set of TABs made. It took him months to sell them
all, but word did eventually spread and they've become a sought after
item for the DeLorean

Martin

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:29:00 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: "Features" Was: LEDs in Dome Lights-

Hi Kevin

Here's a possible start to a new thread. I know what you mean, but
taking things tongue in cheek, I think the DeLorean is full of
"features" which are quirks unique to the car that serve absolutely no
purpose whatsoever but cannot be considered design flaws. I don't think
of the interior light delay as a quirk because it does not work as it
should. However, I'd like to kick off with a couple of suggestions - can
anyone think of any more? To be on this list, it must be something that
in no way harms your enjoyment of the car, was not designed to be there,
and cannot be considered a design flaw (eg lock module, tank sender,
warping fascias etc)

1) The rev counter that leaps to a random reading when the ignition is
turned off, and stays there.
2) When taking your foot off the accellerator pedal quickly, you're
greeted with a very unique "twanggggg" noise.
3) Engine "hunts" when cold

Just a few ideas!

Martin