From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2697
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:13 PM

1. RE: Re: Rear frame cutting
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. DOA Stuff
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:48:11 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Rear frame cutting

I agree with Dave. Once the fascia is off, there is enough clearance to do
teh job without too much concern.

Most likely the Pearce frame has welded in reinforcements and threaded
bosses to allow the use of the bolt-in/bolt-out cross member. You could of
course do the same, but given the relative ease of doing the job once the
fascia is out of the way, why go to the trouble?

We have had Peter's engine in/out three times now. I never looked forward to
doing the job, but I no longer dread it either.

-joe Kuchan

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:32:57 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: DOA Stuff

Just as an FYI http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/aug97files/dml269.html
shows the original message thread on the whole thing (and you can see my
response at http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/aug97files/dml270.html)  ;)

I am just about ready to rejoin the DOA, and other than that once incident
never had anything against them . . .the magazines absolutely rock!

Keep in mind: Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it

Michael