From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2701
Date: Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:36 PM

1. Re: Replacing door handle.
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

3. Detroit Area Cruise thsi Saturday
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. QUESTION ON HOW TO SUBMIT A 'HOW TO'
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Looking for "NO TIME 5" (Illinois plates)
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

6. NEED Windsheild
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

7. Delorean on FARK.COM Photoshot This...
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Oops!!!!
From: "funkstuf" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Cruise control problems
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Re: Clutch woes
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:07:24 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing door handle.

Call your favorite Delorean parts vender and order the door handle and
a window regulator. They will be very helplful and give you all the
info you will need to repair these items. You should also ask for the
Workshop Manual and the Parts Manual, and 2 oil filters. They may also
have the service history on your car if you give them the vin #. The
vender can also help you determine what recalls were done and what
upgrades you should do. My advice would be to change ALL the fluids in
the car unless you KNOW that they were all changed recently and with
the correct ones, filters too. Check the air pressures in the tires
and make sure all the signals work. Join a local owner's club and get
involved with events. Register on the DoD over at dmcnews.com.

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:26:08 -0400
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update

Hey all Delorean Owners!

Have you 'saved the date' yet?  July 16th is going to be another fantastic
Delorean Mid-Atlantic club gathering: The Summer Fun Run II.

This is going to be a great delorean event, and even better it's FREE!
 That's right it costs you nothing except parking for a fantastic day of
Delorean's, food, and a great time.

Did we mention it's free?

Hot on the heels of our fantastic Spring Social, the Summer Fun Run II will
be a great time for all who attend while being stress-free and a lot of fun.
The Summer Fun Run II includes an awesome caravan that takes you through
some beautiful areas of New York and then a traditional BBQ which allows
everyone to relax, get some sun and enjoy our cars.

Agenda is as follows:

10:30: Meet at palisades park mall in W. Nyack, NY

11:30  Begin caravan to Bear Mtn. State Park. The caravan, a drive straight
up route 9W going North, will take approx. 30 minutes.  It's a simple drive,
no one can get lost!

This caravan will take you through some beautiful areas that will beg for
you to take pictures.  The route also has plenty of gas stations just in
case you forget to fill up.

12:00  Arrive at the park and start the BBQ and fun!

Save the date!!

When: Saturday, July 16, 2005
Where: Meet at the Palisades Mall, W. Nyack, NY.
Details: www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

We hope everyone can attend.  More details are to follow, but I hope you can
all attend.  Hope to see you there!

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:34:44 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Detroit Area Cruise thsi Saturday

If anyone lives in the MI or OH area, there is going to be a cruise in
the Detroit area on Saturday, June 25th.  I just found out about this,
so sorry for the short notice.  Its sort of a mini Woodward Dream
Cruise, but in one respect it's better because there is less traffic
and you can actually drive at a good pace versus sitting in a jam.
Here is a link if anyone is interested:

http://www.cruisindownriver.com/Default.asp

I plan on getting out there around 10:30 or so.  I hope to see a few
other Ds!

Sandor
# 3002

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: QUESTION ON HOW TO SUBMIT A 'HOW TO'

Okay Groups,   I have finished writing up the
procedure for removing old style door locks without
damaging them, and I just finished taking some
pictures to go along with it.

It appears to work, because I sent the writeup only to
Todd, (pictures weren't done) and he was able to get
his drivers door lock out without any damage.

Now, my question is, who do I submit this to so
everyone can have access??  This is my first time at
doing something like this, so bear with me.

Matt, thanks for asking me to write this up.  It
should save owners many bucks over cutting out the old
locks and replacing them.

Mike    1630     TPS

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:57:23 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Looking for "NO TIME 5" (Illinois plates)

"NO TIME 5",

Just wanted to say "HI".  I've seen you around Grayslake, IL (at the
Piggly Wiggly and Jewel) a couple of times recently .  If you're on the
list, can you contact via email at:    dmc-2447(at)sbcglobal.net

Wayne / VIN#2447
www.AA9DY.com

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:36:46 -0000
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: NEED Windsheild

Hello,
I'm looking for an original windsheild for my 00915a frame off restoration project
currently & would perfer one locally if possible as shipping from distances are less
likely to arrive  broken.  If there is any on in Michigan or surrounding area please
reply by email. any dealers that read this I would appreaciate quotes.
Thanks,
Lawrence-00538m,00915a
cell 313-506-3786

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:20:12 -0000
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean on FARK.COM Photoshot This...

Here one of the photoshop jobs..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/FaMzNeSS/desertwallofsand.jpg

wnjoy

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:24:00 -0000
From: "funkstuf" <funkstuf_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Oops!!!!

This piece of advice isn't new but I will say it because I didn't
see it here.  When I first got my Delorean going I installed a
fulltime bleeder hose.  I thought I didn't have to worry. Soon, I
found that my fans weren't coming on and my engine was beginning to
overheat.  I posted numerous times and received lots of advice from
checking the fans, grounds, and replacing the otterstat.  I did all
this to no avail.  Finally someone brought up that ANYTIME YOU
REPLACE THE COOLANT you HAVE TO BLEED THE HOSE GOING INTO THE
RADIATOR.  THAT IS.. THE ONE UP FRONT.  The air in front can lock,
and it never gets to the back to go out the bleeder.  I did that
about a year ago and it has worked perfect since then.  In fact, the
full time bleeder hose may be a misnomer.

Dale Funk

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:08:11 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Cruise control problems

Dave,

The manufacturer says use 4 magnets on European vehicles.   Usually  what
they want is 4 magnets on a car with no drive shaft per se, as in our cars  or
front wheel cars as our "half shafts" spin 3 to 4 times slower than a drive
shaft do to the fact that it is on the "other side" of the differential.

I would first try to see if there are any calibration or sensitivity  setting
to adjust.

Make sure the cable is coming out straight and not binding.

Add another two magnets and try again. (Hey maybe this should be at the top
of the list.)

Dē & 6530

Message: 21
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Cruise control problems

I've  gone and installed my cruise control using the pedal pull method with the  module in the trunk. However...

The car will not maintain a constant speed.
The instructions say euorpean  vehicles should use four magnets with the pickup coil but they only supply  two in the kit and that's what I used. Any suggestions?

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:16:48 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Clutch woes

Jeff,

Start by bleeding the clutch. You'll want to rule that out before you
go any further.

If that doesn't fix it, you're going to have to pull the transmission
and look for the problem, unfortunately. I won't speculate on what it
could be, as others are better at diagnosing this than I. But if I had
to guess, a clutch disk and/or pressure plate problem is likely.

-Ryan