From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2702
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:25 PM

1. anyone in NYC area wanns form a get together??
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Re: Sill Plates
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Temp Gauge Activity
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Orifice Tube
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

5. quarter panel louvers
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

6. Wont start
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Delorean Obituary
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: Temp Gauge Activity
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

9. Dry Injector connection
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

10. Re-blackening black
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. DeLoreanCarShow 2006 Progress
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

12. Re: pistons/liners
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

13. RE: Re: Cruise control problems
From: "Ed" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. British Auto Day tomorrow - Museum of Transportation, Brookline, MA
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

15. Re: Cost to get car into shape.
From: "JSJB100" <jsjb100_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

17. Re: DOA
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

18. DCS Chicago (Update this is cool)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. DeLorean Car Show
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

20. DMC Documents.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Air Conditioner vacuum controls, tech help please.
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Mid-atlantic (Was: DOA)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Trying to find an owner in Burbank, IL.
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

24. Door Strut Removal Method
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Mystery Oil, (not Marvel)
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:51:46 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: anyone in NYC area wanns form a get together??

Been out of the picture for awhile guys, getting married on sunday so
Ive been busy. In any event is anyone interested in a Queens get
together or wherever? There are 3 Deloreans within a 1 mile radius of
me but I dont know any of the owners...kinda nice to talk shop with
another owner
Thanks
Harry Vin #2696

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:00:59 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Sill Plates

Many thanks to all those who answered and I have found what I'm looking  for.

Roy #0893

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:23:42 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Temp Gauge Activity

Of all the gauges, I have only seen the temp gauge and Tach go bad.
The symptom and resolution you experience suggests that the temp
gauge is coming apart inside. I would suggest replacing the temp
gauge when you put on the new binnacle.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:45:44 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Orifice Tube

I have had success with repair kits for the orifice tube.

http://www.acsource.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=271

This is what they look like. I don't remember the tube sizes. The
ones I used were GM CCOT types that were the same size as the
DeLorean fittings.

The hardest issue is cutting the old orifice tube receiver off the
evaporator - it takes a tube cutter that is in good condition to do
the job right. I've done three; two worked beautifully, the other
one had just too much damage to the evaporator tube (dented) to hold
a seal.

This might be worth trying before removing the evaporator. You will
know if the seal is going to hold when you put the vacuum to it.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> We'll we don't need to extract the orifice tube anymore. I had the
bright idea to drill up the middle and pull it out but went a little too far and drilled into and through the evaporator pipe.

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:13:59 -0500
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>
Subject: quarter panel louvers

Hi -
Can anyone tell me the correct way to remove the quarter panel (side)
louvers?
Thanks in advance -

Kermit P.

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:34:03 -0000
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Wont start

A new problem came up today when I tried taking my DeLorean out for
a saturday morning drive. Turning the key all went as planned, a
click from the fuse box sounded as it always does, and all the belts
in the engine would start their rotation. But as many times as I
tried the engine wouldnt startup. Now I had this happen once before
when I first got the DMC and it was fixed by recharging the battery.
>From my best guess I should look into new spark plugs and a new
alternator seeing as how it still has the Motorola stock alternator
in it still. But what do you all think?

Also during the process of trying to start up my engine the fuel
pump makes its regular vaccum like noise, but the concern here is,
is that it doesnt shut off. And anohter thing; Even though my
battery is new and was just recently recharged to full the battery
meter on the DMC read's little above the 8-volt mark (around 9.5 -
10 to be exact). I just find this a little conspicuous as well since
the battery charging meter showed it to be at 12 Volts.

~ Josh Tidwell
Vin: 4463

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:58:32 -0000
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Delorean Obituary

If anyone is interested:

I know I'm about a month late, but I remember some people were asking
about where JZD's obituary ran. This is a scan of a near full page
clipping from the Washingon Post that I never got around to scanning.

http://img207.echo.cx/img207/3567/jzdobitcompressed2bp.jpg

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:16:32 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

I had the same issue for a couple of years. This is going to sound
very non-obvious, but I finally found it.

Remove the rear carpeted panel under the window. Behind the
passenger seat there a a bundle of black wires that goes up to a
screw where it passes thru into the engine compartment. This point
grounds most of the interior of the car. While you have access,
tighten up the batter connection (bundle of brown wires) just around
the corner.

This fixed a myriad of stragne problems in the car, including the
sticky temp gauge. The gauge sticking was caused by a power surge
going backward thru the meter as the car was shut off.

The other fix I've heard (more of fixing the symptom than the cause)
was to install a tiny roll pin at the end of the gauge travel to
stop the needle from going that far.

Dave Swingle

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:16:59 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Dry Injector connection

OK so I finally ran out of excuses and decided to tackle my leaking
water pump (amd replace my ignition distributor pickup coil).  I have
just disconnected the fuel injector lines from the fuel distributor and
noted that all the connections were wet with gasoline as would be
expected, except for the line going to FI #1.  That well in the FD was
dry as a bone.  (Now this also happens to be the same injector line
that I used a double banjo bolt and an extra fuel line to connect to a
permanent fuel injector pressure gauge.)

Any ideas why this one would be dry as a bone?  ( I have not started
the car in a week.  Last month I do remember pulling all the injectors
on that side and testing them for spray pattern and they all seemed ok.

Well back to the water pump...

Dē & 6530
(Dave Delman)

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:26:00 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re-blackening black

The black parts of our cars (bumpers, trim, side mirror housings,
louvers, etc) tend to lighten up over time and mine is no exception.
I'd like to make the black items black again, and am wondering what
your suggestions are?

Obviously tearing everything off and having it all repainted is the
most logical option, but I'm looking for something easier. Are there
any decent products that can re-dye the parts with good medium to long
term results? "Back to Black" lasts a few weeks at most and leaves a
nasty greasy coating behind. I'm tempted to try Griot's bumper & trim
reconditioner next, but don't know if it would be any better.

What have others done?

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:28:21 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: DeLoreanCarShow 2006 Progress

Ken and Chris Koncelik came up this weekend to do some scouting of
the Pheasant Run/St Charles area and help Julee and I finalize the
drive tour route. This was an important weekend because the Corvette
Show that we are sharing the venue with is happening this weekend.

We are ecstatic to report that it does not look like it could be any
smoother. As we approached PR Friday morning, we didn't see the
first Vette until we were at the parking lot. We ran the entire
drive tour route without seeing one. Back to PR, it was obvious
that, yes, there were hundreds of Corvettes there, but they were out
of harms way scattered all over the golf course (Sorry Gus!).

We went back today, and again, the number of Corvettes "in the wild"
did not realy appear all that extroardinary and certainly had no
impact on the local traffic pattern. These guys really know how to
manage show traffic. They will be running a drive tour, but it is
Saturday night well after we are scheduled to be queuing up for the
evening dinner.

So - don't let this threat scare you off, and, in fact, look at it
as a great opportunity to see some other great cars, equipment
vendors, and add to the whole experience.

BTW - ANOTHER Reminder - Get your hotel reservation in now! No
obligation, you can cancel right up the event, nothing out of your
pocket for a whole year. And it helps Ken negotiate more Free Stuff
for the party!

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:30:18 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: pistons/liners

There's also a little arrow stamped into the crown. The arrows have to
point towards the timing chains and the conrods are then installed such
that you have three left and three right piston assemblies

Martin

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:11:39 -0400
From: "Ed" <edgarbade_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Cruise control problems

Probably doesn't apply here but I had a magnet fall off once.  Similar
symptoms as I recall (been 25 years).  It was a 4 magnet system.

Ed

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:19:23 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: British Auto Day tomorrow - Museum of Transportation, Brookline, MA

I took my Delorean to their "Extinct Auto Day" today, and while there
wasn't a big turn out, it was strange to see my Delorean among a few
Packards, Avantis, and AMC Eagle, an Edsel and a couple of
micro/minis.  I think there may have been 17 or 18 cars total.

Anyway, while talking to John Sweeny, the president of the Museum, he
mentioned that another Delorean owner was planning on bringing their D
to the British Auto Day tomorrow (Sunday).  As I was also planning on
attending this event, I'd like to find out who this mysterious person
is, and if they're on the DML.

I've taken my Delorean to British Car day several times in the past,
and it always has a tremendous reception among the dozens of Jags,
MGs, Triumphs, TRVs, Lotus's, that dominate this event.  The organizer
of the event told me today that she expects two McLarens tomorrow,
which we will be competing against in the "Special Interest" category.
 And she also expects around 250 cars - it's going to be a very full
field and a nice day, too.

So if you're this mysterious Delorean owner who'se going to come
tomorrow, don't worry - Deloreans fit in very well to the event and
are a hit. And two D's are better than one (even if I have to share
the spotlight. ;) )

-Hank

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:03:12 -0000
From: "JSJB100" <jsjb100_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cost to get car into shape.

hi Alex

OK, having gone through this 3 years ago let me add my comments.  I
bought a 1981 with 39K miles, 2 owners, 2nd owner took pretty good
care of the car.  Grady serviced it some for previous owner. When I
bought it, I put 6K into it before driving it off the lot at Gradys,
including : master brake cylinder, clutch cylinders, clutch,
alternator, headliner, headlights(originals were pretty dim), water
pump, fanzilla, lockzilla, inertia switch, steering wheel bushing,
some cosmetic things (rugs, brake pedals, stainless lettering), and a
host of "little things" that were mechanical (I have 2 pages of
listings).  Now, recall that this car was reasonably taken care of by
previous owner.  I had the work done at Grady's and yes, it was all
done right and on time and no problems.  The car has run terrifically
since I bought it with regular maintenance done by my son and I with
help from members of the list!

Joe B
Outtatym

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:09:27 -0000
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update

I think there needs to be some official clarification about the Summer Fun Run.

Twice now it's been said on the DML that the event starts at the Palisades Mall in WEST
NYACK NY

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> 10:30: Meet at palisades park mall in W. Nyack, NY

However, on the DMA website, it says Palisades Park Mall in Palisades Park New Jersey.

So which is is?

THanks.

-Dave J

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:36:31 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DOA

In a message dated 6/25/2005 1:10:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net writes:

But I  will reserve my opinion on DOA for a while.  I would reallly like to
see  something on the east coast, mid atlantic.  Maybe in conjuction with
another show.

<<<
Have you heard of DCS
It is east of the Mississippi and covers to the atlantic and is the largest
car DeLorean Car Show.

go to

www.deloreancarshow.com

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc
DeLorean Car Show Magazine
DeLoreancarshow.com

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:19 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS Chicago (Update this is cool)

Well, Dave and Julee Swingle and my wife Chris and I all attended the Corvette show this weekend in Chicago.

As you all know there has been some concerns voiced as to how this was all
going to work out being the same time as our show next year and I think
everyone  has been quite apprehensive.

Well to get right to the point we were all highly impressed with this
weekend.
The Corvette show was fantastic.  Thank you Ed (Bloomington Gold  chairman)
for having us attend.

I will get back to that later

We did the driving tour and it is going to be the best we have done from an
entertainment/educational/fun trip point of view. Its only 32 miles but it
took  us almost 5 hours to do and we could have taken longer if we did not have a
 meeting back at Pheasant Run.

On the tour we visited Firmi Lab (probably spelled that wrong) and this  will
be a stop that you will remember.  Dave has more info on it so I will  let
him tell you more about the specifics since he arranged it.  (this is a  don't
miss stop)

We visited Cantigny center as well.  We spent two hours here and  should have
spent three.
The gardens are excellent, the War museum is the best I have seen and was
extremely interesting, along with the mansion and grave site of McCormick.
Again Dave will fill in the details.  This was as I mentioned earlier a
photographers paradise.

There are other stops along the way that we just had a hard time  leaving.

We also had lunch in St Charles and the city has plans for our group and
again I will let Dave give you the details since he is the organizer of this
event.

BACK TO PHEASANT RUN

IT was real strange when we pulled in.
We expected corvettes everywhere but we actually did not see one until we
left for the driving tour about 9:30 am. and were on the road for about 5
minutes.

The predicted nightmare of traffic jams just was not there.  The St  Charles
Police and Corvette group handled this years traffic flawlessly.   The cars
went right to the golf course from the side streets and were  amazing.  If you
did not go on the golf course or Convention center area  you would not have
known it was there and certainly not the spectacular size  that it was.

People envisioned traffic like Pigeon Forge
It just did not happen we pulled right in and had plenty of parking.
This is a very easy to navigate trip.

They also had another group using the facility (DePage Expo Center) that we
will use next year and it went on without a hitch.

I am impressed at how well it went.

The inside of the resort was empty for the most part during the day and  food
was no problem either at the Vette show or the Resort plus there are places
within a short walk if you want,

I'll post more later but this is a big WHEW in that the uncertainty of if
there was a problem is answered.

The traffic was no different than on any other day there.  Plenty of
parking, plenty of food, plenty of things to do car related and not.

I am sure Dave will chime in on this one

We now can move on and we anticipate the largest and best show ever.

The Corvette show was really an experience.  There were thousands of  them on
the golf course and it was amazing how smooth the event  went. Walking the
rows of cars was awesome to say the least and the  showcase cars will excite
event the non car enthusiasts.

The two shows together will be awesome and we told most of the Vette owners
who we were and they welcomed us and took time time to make sure we were taken
 care of.  They were amazing and to them I say thanks.

Many of them had heard of what had happened and were grateful that we
allowed them to share with us that date.  We talked to one guy that  couldn't wait.
He said he loved vettes and the Vette show but having  something else there
would be cool and a Delorean was supercool.

If you miss Pheasant Run you are missing the largest show ever.

And this is only the beginning.

I will be updating the web page sometime early in July.

The DeLorean Car Show is here for you.

As you can tell this show has gone from aprehensive to now I am  really
excited about it and have no doubt it will be the biggest and best  ever.

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:35:27 -0400
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: DeLorean Car Show

One concern I have is what if Ken (or his wife and family) ever decides that they do not want to do the Delorean car show any longer?
Although the DeLorean Car Show is actually a club with membership, I am not aware of an election of officers and of course there has been only a smattering of help that various individuals have contributed to the event, it has really been a one man effort....Ken, and we all know what a great job he has done. But that really does not ensure longevity of the event. A national organization, like the DOA could do this or screw it up royally. I just want to be able to see the same DeLorean Car Show events going on ten years from now. If Ken is up to the task then he is the man!
If he is growing weary of shouldering all of the work and financial risk I hope there can be a national organization, such as the DOA, that can step forward and learn from his success.

Cecil Longwisch

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC Documents.

--- James <james_at_dml_usadmc.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> How to best present these items to the DeLorean
> community has been a
> problem I've been wrestling with for some time. As
> David T. mentioned,
> these items have some instrinsic value as
> "intellectual property" and
> are considered to be assets that we acquired through
> our purchase of
> the KAPAC inventory.

Are you saying that because DMCH is in possession of
the documents, they therefore own the intellectual
property??  It is my understanding that KPAC had no
ownership of any intellectual property at all, so how
could they be transferred to DMCH?

> Also, as David mentioned, there are limits as to
> what I can
> distribute, not so much for "secrecy", but for time
> constraints. The
> history of the original DMC is of great interest to
> me, but it
> generates absolutely zero revenue for the company.
> Stephen does prefer
> that I spend my working hours on projects and tasks
> that generate
> income for the company, as you might imagine.

Passion versus profit.

> I would like to be able to scan and post them
> online, but don't want
> them to be "lifted" from the site and posted
> everywhere. I want them
> to be used as a "draw" to our website or magazine.
> That is the "wiggle
>  room" that I have with Stephen to get these
> scanned, posted, whatever.

If the documents are distributed on the DMCH website
or DeLoreans magazine, There comes in to question the
copyright of the documents themselves (independent of
the IP ownership).

This discussion was about disseminating information,
not profiting from it.

<SNIP>
> In my spare time, after working hours, I have been
> scanning these
> memos, files and telexes with the idea of burning
> them to CD/DVD, but
> there are literally thousands (maybe tens of
> thousands) of pages of
> files here. I've culled through them over the years
> and have about
> 250-300 of the interesting ones scanned.

An effort to compile all of these documents would be
noble, especially to make them available on DVD/CD for
a small fee (or free).  I though Knut was working on a
project like this at some point, and I had offered the
few documents I have collected over the years...

So, send them to me, I will be happy to scan them and
make them available.

> This brings up a related subject, the massive amount
> of historical
> documents being sold online by the bankruptcy
> trustee. I believe that
> once these documents are sold and in private
> collections, they will
> never see the light of day again. In a worst case
> scenario, in the
> event of a divorce or child going off to college,
> some of these items
> may be discarded by a malevolent spouse or an
> unwitting parent. In any
> case, they're no better off in the hands of the
> eBayer than they were
> in the trustee's files.

I agree, the selling of these documents on Ebay for
profit is awful.  The collection is being split up,
and will never again be put back together.  The
information is (for the most part) lost.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:54:48 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Air Conditioner vacuum controls, tech help please.

Well,

I've been working on the AC system on 16851 for a few weeks now to
get it ready for summer. Most everything seemed ok on the car, but
there was always one kinda weird scenario in the controls via the
mode switch.

First off, I alone with some talented help, vacummed down the AC
system for an hour and it sucessfully held a vacuum in the garage
for over 24hrs. We then proceeded to go ahead and charge the system
with R-12. Everything went fine in charging it, the compressor & the
fans cycled normally once there was once again pressure in the
system.

The weird part of this scenario is that the air conditioning is
working beautifully, nice & cold, but I cannot get ANY air to blow
from any of my vents anymore. During the winter I only had access to
the heater settings & defrost. I never got a response from the mode
switch when on any of the AC settings.

I also need to rebuild/repair the mechanism that controls the center
vent to open when vent is selected, just the door vents blow air.
Mainly I only got a response from the fan motor when I had the mode
switch on heater, defrost, or vent, and in vent, just the door vents
worked, center vent was still messed up.

Now as luck figures, the day I charged up the AC system I lost my
fan settings in all positions. I have the new circuit breakers and
all new fuses, all the contacts have been cleaned. I know the
resistor that usually takes out the fan speeds usually only takes
out 2 of the speeds, but this time all 4 speeds are out.

I know the AC is working because if I select the AC and while
driving it will slowly trickle out nice and cold, but with no force
from the fan to actually cool the interior suffeciently.

I'm guessing the problem must be somewhere in the vacuum lines which
control the vents from the mode switch? There is no hissing to
indicate any leaks in any settings on the mode switch.

ANy ideas if this sounds like an electrical issue, or an issue with
the vacuum system that operates the vent controls?

Any help or advice is apreciated.

Thanks,

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Mid-atlantic (Was: DOA)

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/

--- Bernie Manderville <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 04:13:30 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Trying to find an owner in Burbank, IL.

I was driving my D today threw Burbank, IL. (Just outside Chicago) and I passed a
house with another D parked in the driveway.  It was at the intersection on 79th St.
and Central Ave.  I stopped and knocked on the door, but no one was home.  Is the
owner on this list?  If so, gimme an e-mail at:  coreysmoo(AT)hotmail.com.  I live
about 5 minutes from there, so we should get together sometime!

Cheers,
Corey

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 06:11:13 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Door Strut Removal Method

Hi.

I just got a new set of door struts but having trouble removing the
old door struts.  Toby suggested spraying the ball sockets and
connection points with PB blaster penetrating oil, which I did.  After
a week, still no go.  Other than using a pry bar(!!), what other
methods can I use to remove the old door struts?  Is there a special
tool?

By the way, I have the same problem with Toyota struts.  Can't remove
them either.

Thank you for your help.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:23:17 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Mystery Oil, (not Marvel)

I just posted a picture of the head mating surface for my intake
manifold.  I see that one of the blind holes is filled with a very dark
grey / black oil.  There does not seem to be any oil in the valley of
death or any other place and this mystery oil is not the color of my
motor oil.  Any ideas?

Dē and 6530
Dave Delman