From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2703
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:57 PM

1. Fuel Injector Seal
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

2. Do you dream DeLoreans?
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: Re-blackening black
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>

4. Re: Dry Injector connection
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: Wont start
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. RE: Fuel Injector Seal
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

7. RE: Door Strut Removal Method
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:27:07 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Fuel Injector Seal

Are the fuel injector seals supposed to fit tight into the head.  I see
mine are pretty loose unless they are fully seated.  They do not seem
to be making a good seal there.  Did I just answer my own question?

Dave T is this a common vacuum leak area?

Dē & 6530

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:33:30 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Do you dream DeLoreans?

Last night I had a dream about the work I am doing on my DeLorean.  In
the dream I met up with Dave T. who had just come back after picking up
breakfast and I asked him some questions.  He immediately came over to
help and then I realized he didn't even get to eat yet.

I hope everyone on this list is appreciative of the advice we all share
and how there are a select few, such as Dave T. who seem to really go
out of their way to help us all.  I know I am.

Thanks,

Dē & 6530
Dave D.

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:10:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Andrew <aos+yahoo_at_dml_boom.net>
Subject: Re: Re-blackening black

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Ryan Wright wrote:

> I'm tempted to try Griot's bumper & trim reconditioner next, but don't
> know if it would be any better.

These aren't true before and after photos, because I didn't take a before
photo of the driver's side, but I can promise you both my mirrors were
identically weathered.

Before: http://fuh-q.org/~aos/mirrorbefore.jpg
After: http://fuh-q.org/~aos/mirrorafter.jpg

And you can see how it cleaned up my front lower spoiler at
http://fuh-q.org/~aos/shiny.jpg (Yes, I still haven't redyed the passenger
side mirror in that photo.)

Yes, the Griot's stuff is good.

It's a real dye.  It's not greasy.  It lasts indefinitely.

Highly recommended.

-andrew

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:07:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Dry Injector connection

It is possible you have a very slight leak on that port. It could be a
leaking fuel injector, a leaking seal, or maybe the pressure gauge you
installed. Move the pressure gauge over to another spot and see if the
same thing happens, I would suspect the pressure gauge first.

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:10:27 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Wont start

My guess would be ignition. Pull a spark plug and see if you are
getting spark. It may be a bad connection over by the white ballast
resistor on the firewall to the left side. Remove and clean all the
connections.

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:28:32 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel Injector Seal

Dave, If they are not dried out and have not shrank, they will fit snug but
not tight. The clips keep the facing seat tight.

From: drdhdmd
Subject: [DML] Fuel Injector Seal

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:31:10 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Door Strut Removal Method

Dave, If the clips have been removed, I take the heel of my hand and bump the strut rod as close to the joint as I can and they pop right out.

From: Steve
Subject: [DML] Door Strut Removal Method
I just got a new set of door struts but having trouble removing the
old door struts.