From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2708
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 2:12 PM

1. Replacing a-posts/a-pillars w/o removing windshield?
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>

2. Cleaning carpet and floor mat that has clutch fluid leaked on them
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

3. Re: tire wear / front end vibration
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

4. Re: Re-blackening black
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: DOA
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Houston, I have a (compression) problem
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

7. Looking for John Glasco
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:07:07 -0000
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Replacing a-posts/a-pillars w/o removing windshield?

I spoke with Warren _at_dml_ DMCH yesterday while placing an order about replacing a-posts in a
car that had heat damage.  He said in order to do it correctly, the windshield must be
removed.  As this is a job that is too big for myself alone, I decided to hold off on the a-posts
until I had help, or a workaround.  In searching the list, I found this information about
replacing them without removing the windshield, and was wondering if anyone had tried this
method, or some other method, and how it worked out?

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/news21.pdf

Thanks.

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:02:08 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Cleaning carpet and floor mat that has clutch fluid leaked on them

I successfully changed my clutch master cylinder and installed a
stainless steel clutch line.  However, I have a small drip of clutch
fluid on driver's side carpet, and suspect wetting behind the carpet.
My original black floor mat seems to be saturated with the fluid based
on the greasy feel when I run my hand over the center of it.

Does anyone have a successful cleaning method for this? Perhaps carpet
shampoo, oxyclean?  What about floor mat in a washing machine -
probably too harsh an action for old mat.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:41:08 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Re: tire wear / front end vibration

I am kind of surprised that no one has mentioned tire pressure,
     Well, either that or I missed it.  Out here in AZ where the road
temperaturatures regularly exceed 120, tires don't last as long as
they should.  We have had club members lucky to get 10,000 miles out
of a set of Yokohama AVS Intermediates.  All were running 23psi front
and 25-26psi rear tire pressures.  IMHO this is too low.  I run 31 up
front and 35-37 out back and have had excellent/even wear to date.
Ride quality, while noticibly firmer than the lower pressures, has not
degraded and the car handles as tight as ever.  There are several
people on the list who have ridden in and driven my car and they can
attest to this.
     However, I am also running a tire that has a 400 treadwear
rating.  One of our club members also bought a set of Firestone
Firehawk Indy 500's with a 500 treadwear rating.  He is enjoying them
so far and we expect a much longer tire life even in the intense heat
we experience.

YMMV-ours definitely has!

Matthew
AZ-D VeeP
VIN 16816

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:06:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re-blackening black

I second Phil's opinion of Black Again. I also get it from Autogeek. One nice thing about it is that the hotter the surface is the easier it is to apply. It brings dull, grayish surfaces back to "new" black.  Rod 10921
---------
Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com> wrote:I use something that is called Black Again. http://www.autogeek.net/
blackagain1.html When I got my car the black was all a chalky gray
and I was sure that I would spend thousands replacing aged trim
pieces. I tried this stuff and it works like magic. I apply it once a
year and each time I use it the trim is in better shape than the
year before. I am very happy with it but that's my 2 cents worth.
It won't hurt to give it a go.

Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:36:13 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DOA

In a message dated 6/26/2005 1:09:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com writes:

But  I  will reserve my opinion on DOA for a while.  I would reallly like  to
see  something on the east coast, mid atlantic.  Maybe in  conjuction with
another show.

---------------------------

Another thing to add to what Ken mentioned. You guys in the MidAtlantic do
have a huge club up there. You should probably look into hooking up with  them.

John Weaver
MSDMC
RED DMC #10527

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:09:36 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Houston, I have a (compression) problem

As a follow up I put a few squirts of oil in the cylinder and the compression
went from 45 to 90.

I gues this means a ring or piston problem.

I will try to colonoscope it and see if anything is obvious...

Dē & 6530

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:06:46 +0100 (BST)
From: Chris Nicholson <christransdmc_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Looking for John Glasco

I am looking to contact John Glasco off-list, if anyone has any contact info, it would be really appreciated.

Best to all

Chris Nicholosn

DeloreansForSale.com