From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2710
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:55 PM

1. Re: Off white dipstick....HELP
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>

2. Re: Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: PRV-6 B28F Stock Cam
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

4. Re: Re-blackening black
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>

5. Front Hubs removal....
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>

6. Updated Website (monthly contest returns)
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

7. Re: New Alternator...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. RE: Front Hubs removal....
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

9. Re: New Alternator...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

10. Re: Front Hubs removal....
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. Re: Front Hubs removal....
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Off white dipstick....HELP

I'd also do a coolant pressure test to see if the pressure is rising
above normal, and look see if there is anything showing up in the
coolant.

Hopefully, the seals at the bottom of the wet sleeves are not leaking
(or worse).

BTW, I did have discoloration of the oil in my most recent D which had
set for 5 years.  After changing the oil,the problem has not
reoccurred, even after 2 additional oil changes.

Woody

__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit

FYI,
Woodward is a HUGE event. If you plan on coming and want to find some other
DeLoreans make sure you cruise by the McDonalds near 9 Mile Rd. on the Southbound
side... look for the X-wing fighter doors & one excellent BTTF car! The Vixen's
strobe like light show should also be visible when dusk/night time arrives.

McD's address
22525 Woodward Ave,
Ferndale MI, 48220

The McD's lot will be for customers - the DeLoreans will be in the church lot
beside McD's with other "show cars".
We do not have any extra parking spots but we do have "in & out" privileges so
someone can use one of our spots (to give their clutch foot a rest) while we take
a cruise up & down Woodward.

Shannon Y
16506

PS After going the past few years I think the dreamcruise's site quote of 40,000
vehicles is a bit modest!

-----------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:01:40 EDT
   From: PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit--40,000 Classic Cars August

Hey all,
     Just wanted to give you a heads up that there is the worlds largest one
day car show coming up on August 20th.   Over 40,000 classic cars (muscle
cars, street rods, custom, collector, special interest, etc. etc.)showed up last
year, as did 1.7 million visitors just to watch.   I know of about 10 DeLoreans
attending this year, and this would be a great way to have one last big get
together before the DeLorean Car Show next year.   The official website is
here:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/About.html

Hotels can be found here:
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/Hotels.html

The cruise goes from 9 AM-9PM, and from what I understand it is a lot like
American Graffiti.   It goes down Woodward Ave. in Detroit (this is the road
that the funeral home was on for those of you that attended JZD's wake).   I
believe that the road is shut down to all but the classic cars, and the entire
day
is a cruise down memory lane.

Who else is in?   This could be a blast if we get enough DeLoreans to attend.
  Who knows, maybe they will honor our cars in attendance in memory of JZD's
accomplishments and his passing.

-Patrick C.

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:11:40 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: PRV-6 B28F Stock Cam

Ben, I have that I can Fax to you out of the books.

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:50:57 -0000
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re-blackening black

I have found that STP's 'Son of a Gun' works very well on bringing
plastic back to its origional colour and does not wash off. this
seems to 'feed' plastic very well and recomend it to all.

Best Wishes
Chris

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> I second Phil's opinion of Black Again. I also get it from
Autogeek. One nice thing about it is that the hotter the surface is
the easier it is to apply. It brings dull, grayish surfaces back
to "new" black.  Rod 10921
Black Again. http://www.autogeek.net/
> blackagain1.html When I got my car the black was all a chalky gray
> and I was sure that I would spend thousands replacing aged trim
> pieces. I tried this stuff and it works like magic. I apply it
once a
> year and each time I use it the trim is in better shape than the
> year before. I am very happy with it but that's my 2 cents worth.
> It won't hurt to give it a go.
>
> Phil Priestley
>
> Vin 2105
> IN FLUX
>
> http://alessandros120.com/
> (503)370-9951
> 1(866)225-7985
>
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Ryan Wright wrote:
>
> > Thanks all for the responses. I'm going to try the Griots then,
we'll

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:48:32 -0000
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject: Front Hubs removal....

Hi All,
Does any one know the correct size socket for removing the front hubs?
and what is the tourque for rebuilding. I ask as I am about to change
the rotors and pads. Any tips?

Thanks to all in advance.

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:21:26 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Updated Website (monthly contest returns)

Hey all,

Just a quick note to say that I have completely revamped the "Quintessential
DeLorean Website" (it was long overdue).

With that, I have added some new features, and reinstated my monthly
contest, check it out for a chance to win some cool DeLorean stuff.

www.babbtechnology.com <http://www.babbtechnology.com/>

Thanks!

Michael Babb

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:08:01 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Alternator...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

I was told that the D110 is a dramatic improvement.  I just ordered one
myself.

Thomas
VIN: 2953

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:33:09 -0400
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Front Hubs removal....

I don't remember the exact size but I did it and it's a fairly simple
job. While I was in there I replaced the calipers as well. You can snag
them at Advance or AutoZone... they cross to a 1976-1977 Mercury Capri
II. I think I paid $60 for the pair.

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:53:12 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Yes it is. I have one on my car and love it.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:15:49 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

Anyone know if this same cross would work for the rotors as well?

--Greg

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:02:04 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

No, they won't. The DMC rotors (both front and back) are unique to the
car. There are some that are **close** if you have a machine shop handy
to re-drill, but I don't know what they are.

Dave Swingle