From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2711
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:30 AM

There are 26 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: New Alternator...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
From: "patrickdmc" <patrickdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Re: Jerry Rine
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>

5. Re: Stainless Exhaust
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>

6. Re: Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...(in re-runs)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

7. 2 pairs of Kenwood speakers for sale (brand new in box)
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Front Hubs removal....
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

9. Re: Front Hubs removal....
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

10. Re: Front Hubs removal....
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

11. Re: Brakes (was Front Hubs removal....)
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

12. Captive nut for door striker pin
From: "L. Sandel" <ls_at_dml_chickencow.csv.cmich.edu>

13. Re: sudden loss of power
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

15. Re: sudden loss of power
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net>

16. Re: sudden loss of power
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

17. Re: Captive nut for door striker pin
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>

18. stains on lower engine cover
From: "Mike Cohee" <billsfanmd_at_dml_verizon.net>

19. Re: Stainless Exhaust
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

20. RE: Front Hubs removal....
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

21. What new tires should I buy?
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

22. RE: Captive nut for door striker pin
From: "Stuart Nicholls" <things_at_dml_emagineproductions.co.uk>

23. Re: Captive nut for door striker pin
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

24. Re: What new tires should I buy?
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

25. Re: What new tires should I buy?
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

26. RE: Captive nut for door striker pin
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>





Message: 1
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:15:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...

... in Monster Garage product licensing advertising.

One of our reps was at a trade show were Discovery Channel was pushing their
Monster Garage & OCC Licensing. The link below shows the two places the DeLorean
appears. With all the big money spent on advertising you'd think the proof reader
would have caught it. Must not have been looking at the rear bumper when proofing
;-)

http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/ss/Hovercraft-DMC.jpg

Shannon Y
16506

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:54:34 -0000
From: "patrickdmc" <patrickdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New Alternator...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

They're not kidding! I put in a D110 last year. The dash and 
headlights are so much brighter I don't know how I even drove it 
before. I'm not sure what the best modification for our cars can be 
but the alternator has gotta be up there.


Patrick
1040



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_h...> 
wrote:
> I was told that the D110 is a dramatic improvement.  I just 
ordered one 
> myself.
> 
> Thomas
> VIN: 2953
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_a... wrote:
> > Which one of Hervey's alts did you get?  The D110? 140?  150?  :D
> > 
> > 
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:20:31 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...

That's cool - another show mentioned in the brochure - "American 
Monsters" - refers to the GT40 episode filmed at my house - which 
also shows a lot of DeLorean footage. This was the only show referred 
to as "American Monsters", after that episode they changed the name 
to "Monster Nation". 

Dave Swingle

http://www.dmcnews.com/events/monstergt40_03/monsterhold.html


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> ... in Monster Garage product licensing advertising.
> 
> One of our reps was at a trade show were Discovery Channel was 
pushing their
> Monster Garage & OCC Licensing. The link below shows the two places 
the DeLorean
> appears. With all the big money spent on advertising you'd think 
the proof reader
> would have caught it. Must not have been looking at the rear bumper 
when proofing
> ;-)
> 
> http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/ss/Hovercraft-DMC.jpg
> 
> Shannon Y
> 16506






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:36:03 -0400
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>
Subject: Re: Jerry Rine

Freddie:

check with "snowmangolfer" on ebay: Jeremy Rine (Newark, OH) who
apparently is Jerry's son, and who is selling off the rather large
inventory of parts of his dad (NOS, great condition, but a little
pricey) - some of the new stuff he has just isn't available from the
vendors any longer

Cliff

3441 (DCS 2004 "Best Exhaust")
3307 (gonna need a LOT of work)
6147 (EFI conversion)


On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:02:56 -0000, you wrote:

> I have a good friend who used to take her DeLorean up to Jerry Rine
>every now and then, but she lost contact with him when KAPAC sold its
>parts to Delorean Motor Company. She is looking to have some work done




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:36:06 -0400
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Exhaust

Freddie:

I put the UK exhaust on 3441 last year (just in time for Pigeon Forge)
and all I can say is that it is a magnificent piece of workmanship

a bit pricey with the current exchange rate, took months for them to
get it built, but definitely worth the wait

it bolted up perfectly (I used 4 studs on each port rather than 2 as
with the original manifolds) - nice the way it eliminates the front
crossover pipe

unfortunately I did not do before/after dyno runs, but it feels very
snappy, and gives the PRV a whole different sound - a lot more throaty

Cliff

3441 (DCS 2004 "Best Exhaust")
3307 (gonna need a LOT of work)
6147 (EFI conversion)


On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:18:23 -0000, you wrote:

>When I get my car, I would very much like to replace the stock exhaust
>with a stainless one. I have emailed "Stainless Exhaust Specialist" at
>stainless-exhaust.com, but I also thought I heard about a stainless
>exhaust carried and/or made by DMC Houston. I have looked all over
>their website for it and cannot find a mention of it anywhere. Does
>anyone know if they are still made, and how I could get one? Also, if
>any of you have either of these installed, could you tell me the pros
>and cons of that system so I can compare the two. And if anyone knows
>of another performance exhaust made for the DeLorean please let me
>know! Thank you!!
>
>Freddie Wise






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:11:17 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Destroyed Hovercraft DMC Lives...(in re-runs)

Since we're on the topic...

Just in case you have not seen one or both of these shows,
both shows will be re-played next month.

Wednesday, July 6, 5pm Central  Monster Nation 1 (GT40RC)

Tuesday, July 26, 5pm Central  DeLorean/Hovercraft

You can tell when summer rolls around when they roll out
the re-runs to be re-played.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> That's cool - another show mentioned in the brochure - "American 
> Monsters" - refers to the GT40 episode filmed at my house - which 
> also shows a lot of DeLorean footage. This was the only show 
referred 
> to as "American Monsters", after that episode they changed the 
name 
> to "Monster Nation". 
> 
> Dave Swingle
> 
> http://www.dmcnews.com/events/monstergt40_03/monsterhold.html
> 
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_y...> 
wrote:
> > ... in Monster Garage product licensing advertising.
> > 
> > One of our reps was at a trade show were Discovery Channel was 
> pushing their
> > Monster Garage & OCC Licensing. The link below shows the two 
places 
> the DeLorean
> > appears. With all the big money spent on advertising you'd think 
> the proof reader
> > would have caught it. Must not have been looking at the rear 
bumper 
> when proofing
> > ;-)
> > 
> > http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/ss/Hovercraft-DMC.jpg
> > 
> > Shannon Y
> > 16506






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:49:26 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 2 pairs of Kenwood speakers for sale (brand new in box)

Hi everyone,
For a past birthday, a friend of mine was given two pairs of
Kenwood speakers for her car. She never installed them, and has
since bought a new car, and so has no need for them anymore. She
asked me if I could use them, and I said I couldn't, but
mentioned
that maybe a fellow DeLorean owner who is looking to add speakers to
their rear interior wall (under the window) might be interested.

They are Kenwood model KFC-1666, 6" round, 2-way, 130 watts peak.

Anyone who wants to add a fuller sound to the car by supplementing
the rear speakers or simply adding in new speakers because the
original rears are shot and too hard to get to, could benefit from
these. The round shape is also considered to have better sound than
oval speakers.

There are two pairs, so two different people can have a pair, or one
person could even hook up all four in the rear of their car.


Here are links to 2 different photos of what they look like:

http://www.carreview.com/Channels/CarReview/images/products/Product_1
29458.jpg

http://kenwood.vdlabs.ru/car/speaker/universal/img/KFC-1666.jpg



She's asking $20 per pair, obo. (I believe they were around $50
brand new at the time).

These are completely new, and never taken out of the box.


Email me privately if interested.

Thanks,

-Derek L
VIN 5302







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:16:49 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Front Hubs removal....

What's the difference then between these cross calipers and the more 
expensive rebuilt versions from Delorean vendors.  Any opinions?  

Paul
Vin 10944


I am thinking about the same job myself in a few weeks.--- In 
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> I don't remember the exact size but I did it and it's a fairly 
simple
> job. While I was in there I replaced the calipers as well. You can 
snag
> them at Advance or AutoZone... they cross to a 1976-1977 Mercury 
Capri
> II. I think I paid $60 for the pair.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On 
Behalf
> Of Chris Williams
> Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:49 AM
> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DML] Front Hubs removal....
> 
> Hi All,
> Does any one know the correct size socket for removing the front 
hubs? 
> and what is the tourque for rebuilding. I ask as I am about to 
change 
> the rotors and pads. Any tips?
> 
> Thanks to all in advance.
> Chris






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:59:54 -0400
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Front Hubs removal....

The socket is 36mm, Pep Boys for $13.00

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_cwilliams68.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:48 AM
Subject: [DML] Front Hubs removal....


> Hi All,
> Does any one know the correct size socket for removing the front hubs? 
> and what is the tourque for rebuilding. I ask as I am about to change 
> the rotors and pads. Any tips?






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:38:33 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Front Hubs removal....

Not always - this is one of those parts where they made supplier 
changes partway thru production - some are, I believe, slightly 
smaller (32 maybe?)

Torque is in the manual at 145 ft-lb - i.e. as tight as you can get 
it. 

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> The socket is 36mm, Pep Boys for $13.00
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Chris Williams" <chris_at_dml_c...>
> To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:48 AM
> Subject: [DML] Front Hubs removal....
> 
> 
> > Hi All,
> > Does any one know the correct size socket for removing the front 
hubs? 
> > and 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:49:01 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes (was Front Hubs removal....)

The ones I've seen are a different brand core - ATE instead of 
Girling.  Whereas the DeLorean Vendors are generally re-plating them 
(the gold-color cadmium plating), these are painted.  Also, at least 
Grady is rebuilding them with stainless pistons, the rebuilds are 
undoubtedly the same mild steel as the rusty ones you have on your 
car. Operationally I've heard no compliments or complaints.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_f...> wrote:
> What's the difference then between these cross calipers and the 
more 
> expensive rebuilt versions from Delorean vendors.  Any opinions?  
> 
> Paul
> Vin 10944
> 
> 
> I am thinking about the same job myself in a few weeks.--- In 
> dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> > I don't remember the exact size but I did it and it's a fairly 
> simple
> > job. While I was in there I replaced the calipers as well. You 
can 







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:24:18 -0400
From: "L. Sandel" <ls_at_dml_chickencow.csv.cmich.edu>
Subject: Captive nut for door striker pin

Hypothetically speaking...

If through some small miracle, one were to dislodge the striker pin captive 
nut and it were to fall somewhere into the body... which infill, interior, 
or body panels should be removed to re-aquire said captive nut?  Let us 
presuppose that it was the passenger side rear pin, and that fishing around 
in the body with a small telescoping magnet proved useless.  I've looked at 
the parts manual diagrams, but they're not so good for things like this.

Thanks for any help with this... experiment.
-Luke & 10270 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:04:28 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: sudden loss of power

 
In a message dated 6/27/2005 7:46:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,  5n-_at_dml_gmx.net 
writes:

Hey  guys, sometimes when I'm driving I'll hit a small bump and notice 
my car  jerk with a sudden loss of power as if the key was turned off-
then it  immediatly restore back to being fine. This is kinda scary to 
happen  especially when I'm really far from home because I'm affraid 
the engine  will stop all together. Other times I'll go over a really 
rough part of  road and have no problems at all. Has this happened to 
anyone else, any  ideas on causes, fixes? Thanks guys! -----Dani B.  
#5003

------------

Dani,
 
You are having an intermittent electrical failure.
Places to check (not all inclusive): 
1. Battery cables and where the negative attaches to frame
2. brown wire distribution area behind rear wall on passenger side in  
pontoon section
3. RPM relay or any engine related fuse or relay
4. inertia switch and connections
5. harnesses that plug into ignition and idle ECU's
6. spark plug wires,coil wire, and wires that go to top of coil
7. engine-to-frame ground
8. ignition resistor connections ( may need to be cut and recrimped)
9. ignition switch in steering column (likely can be verified by hitting  
steering wheel while engine is running and see if tach jumps)
10. plugs in rear bulkhead connection area
 
I suggest checking each one of these, cleaning them, and applying clear  
dielectric grease to contact areas.
 
Good Luck!
Andy


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 02:56:07 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise Detroit

It IS a great event.  I am definitely going to attend again this 
year.  Unfortunately, Patrick, they do not shut it down to non-cool 
cars.  You will see the occasional minivan and rice burner.  

I cruised the Downriver Cruise last weekend, sort of a preview of 
the WDC.  People absoltely freaked when they saw the Delorean!  My 
friend and I cruised with the doors up and it was a ton o' fun.  We 
only saw one other D, an '83 that looked to be in good shape.  He 
was cruising doors-up as well and getting just as many hoots and 
hollars...


Sandor
# 3002

  

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_y...> 
wrote:
> FYI,
> Woodward is a HUGE event. If you plan on coming and want to find 
some other
> DeLoreans make sure you cruise by the McDonalds near 9 Mile Rd. on 
the Southbound
> side... look for the X-wing fighter doors & one excellent BTTF 
car! The Vixen's
> strobe like light show should also be visible when dusk/night time 
arrives.
> 
> McD's address
> 22525 Woodward Ave, 
> Ferndale MI, 48220
> 
> The McD's lot will be for customers - the DeLoreans will be in the 
church lot
> beside McD's with other "show cars".




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:46:42 -0400
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net>
Subject: Re: sudden loss of power

I had something similar happen to my Crown Vic. It turned out the power wire
going to the fuel pump was worn through by the spare tire. It was barely
touching and would cut off all fuel. It took 3 garages before "someone"
figured it out - fixed with .10 cents of black tape.

I am sure others will chime in but check your electrical connections
starting with the battery and fuses. Maybe someone has a more systematic
approach?

Mike Walsh
#17084
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <Soma576_at_dml_aol.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [DML] sudden loss of power


>
> In a message dated 6/27/2005 7:46:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,
5n-_at_dml_gmx.net
> writes:
>
> Hey  guys, sometimes when I'm driving I'll hit a small bump and notice
> my car  jerk with a sudden loss of power as if the key was turned off-
> then it  immediatly restore back to being fine. This is kinda scary to




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:55:44 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: sudden loss of power

I greatly appreciate the help. I will go over the areas you've pointed
out and make sure everything is connected tightly making good contact.
Thank you -----Dani B. #5003


> 
> ------------
> 
> Dani,
>  
> You are having an intermittent electrical failure.
> Places to check (not all inclusive): 
> 1. Battery cables and where the negative attaches to frame
> 2. brown wire distribution area behind rear wall on passenger side
in  
> pontoon section
> 3. RPM relay or any engine related fuse or relay
> 4. inertia switch and connections
> 5. harnesses that plug into ignition and idle ECU's
> 6. spark plug wires,coil wire, and wires that go to top of coil
> 7. engine-to-frame ground
> 8. ignition resistor connections ( may need to be cut and recrimped)
> 9. ignition switch in steering column (likely can be verified by
hitting  
> steering wheel while engine is running and see if tach jumps)
> 10. plugs in rear bulkhead connection area
>




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:26:12 -0000
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>
Subject: Re: Captive nut for door striker pin

Hello.

The right rear fender.  Though you probably don't have to remove the 
fender completely to get the nut out.  You will, on the other hand, 
have to remove the fender to put the nut back on.  I think it's 
possible for the nut to fall out, if you've driven the car around. 

Rick.



 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "L. Sandel" <ls_at_dml_c...> wrote:
> Hypothetically speaking...
> 
> If through some small miracle, one were to dislodge the striker pin 
captive 
> nut and it were to fall somewhere into the body... which infill, 
interior, 
> or body panels should be removed to re-aquire said captive nut?  
Let us 
>




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:48:41 -0400
From: "Mike Cohee" <billsfanmd_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: stains on lower engine cover

While working on a fellow owners car I have noticed a problem I can't seem
to trace. There are two dark stains about 6 inches around on the lower
engine cover on each side of the front section. It appears to be coolant but
I can not see where it is coming from since there are no coolant lines up
that high. It has the slight color of coolant but it seems black. The
closest coolant line I can think of is the one that controls the heater
valve. We wiped it a few weeks back and it is back again so it is an ongoing
problem. 

It does appear to be coming up from the front of the engine somewhere as the
gap between the two stains looks to be just above the fuel distributor is. 

Anyone ever seen this problem or give me some ideas what to look for? I have
crawled over the engine but don't see any leaks or spray.
   
Mike C
2109








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:45 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Exhaust

The performance exhaust from DMC (Texas) is now being offered again.
As open house attendees saw, we now weld them up in-house, and then
send them to Jet-Hot in MIssissippi for coating. We *only* sell them
as a complete set - headers, catalytic converters, muffler, tips,
clamps, etc - and the price is $1495, plus shipping. Call Warren at
the humbers below and he can get you on the list for a set, I think we
are back ordered two sets right now, but should be caught up early in
July (next week).

James Espey
http://www.delorean.com
800/872-3621

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> When I get my car, I would very much like to replace the stock exhaust
> with a stainless one. I have emailed "Stainless Exhaust Specialist" at
> stainless-exhaust.com, but I also thought I heard about a stainless
> exhaust carried and/or made by DMC Houston. I have looked all over
> their website for it and cannot find a mention of it anywhere. Does
> anyone know if they are still made, and how I could get one? 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:58:01 -0400
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Front Hubs removal....

I can't see a difference. I compared the two side by side and they are
and exact match. If there some kind of difference in their performance,
I haven't noticed any.

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of sweetp01569
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:17 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DML] Front Hubs removal....

What's the difference then between these cross calipers and the more 
expensive rebuilt versions from Delorean vendors.  Any opinions?  

Paul
Vin 10944


I am thinking about the same job myself in a few weeks.--- In 
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_v...> wrote:
> I don't remember the exact size but I did it and it's a fairly 
simple
> job. While I was in there I replaced the calipers as well. You can 
snag
> them at Advance or AutoZone... 




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:43:09 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: What new tires should I buy?

I am interested in getting new tires for the car.  I have two 
different types right now.  The rears are Michelin "Tiger Paw" and the 
fronts are Bridgestone I believe (don't know the model off hand).  I 
have no idea how old they are when I bought the car a couple of months 
ago.  I suspect the rears are newer than the fronts.  Treads look OK 
on both, but the front tires don't seem that pliable (stiff and 
plastic-like)and spin/squeal on pavement very easily.

I am interested in getting new tires all around, and wanted to now 
what the preferred brand/model is for Deloreans.  I am also 
considering white lettered tires as well, for a more sporty look.  
What are members' take on these issues.  I live in MA, and would like 
to get tires locally.

Thanks,

Paul
VIN 10944






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:37:18 +0100
From: "Stuart Nicholls" <things_at_dml_emagineproductions.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Captive nut for door striker pin

I will be very interested to find out any suggestions for this
experiment as I have a similar "hypothetical situation" this time
involving the front passenger sticker pin captive nut. (Surely the
phrase "captive" nut is in the sarcastic sense then)

Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414

Stuart Nicholls
Emagine Productions
T: 01920 461265
F: 01920 465376
E: stuart_at_dml_emagineproductions.co.uk
W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Television - Studio - PSC - ENG - Production - Post Production 

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of L. Sandel
Sent: 30 June 2005 03:24
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Captive nut for door striker pin


Hypothetically speaking...

If through some small miracle, one were to dislodge the striker pin
captive 
nut and it were to fall somewhere into the body... which infill,
interior, 
or body panels should be removed to re-aquire said captive nut?  Let us 
presuppose that it was the passenger side rear pin, and that fishing
around 
in the body with a small telescoping magnet proved useless.  I've looked
at 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:52:01 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Captive nut for door striker pin

It's only captive until:
--someone (hypothetically) beats on it with a hammer;
--it gets rusty
The nut in there is a special part (about an inch square) held on by 
a welded bracket. 

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Nicholls" <things_at_dml_e...> wrote:
> I will be very interested to find out any suggestions for this
> experiment as I have a similar "hypothetical situation" this time
> involving the front passenger sticker pin captive nut. (Surely the
> phrase "captive" nut is in the sarcastic sense then)
> 
> Stuart
> VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
> DOC 414
> 
> Stuart Nicholls
> Emagine Productions

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On 
Behalf
> Of L. Sandel
> Sent: 30 June 2005 03:24
> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DML] Captive nut for door striker pin
> 
> 
> Hypothetically speaking...
> 
> If through some small miracle, one were to dislodge the striker pin
> captive 
> nut and it were to fall somewhere into the body... which infill,
> interior, 







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:57:43 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: What new tires should I buy?

When I say "spin/squeal", I meant more "slide" when cornering, 
taking off, etc.

Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_f...> 
wrote:
> I am interested in getting new tires for the car.  I have two 
> different types right now.  The rears are Michelin "Tiger Paw" and 
the 
> fronts are Bridgestone I believe (don't know the model off hand).  
I 
> have no idea how old they are when I bought the car a couple of 
months 
> ago.  I suspect the rears are newer than the fronts.  Treads look 
OK 
> on both, but the front tires don't seem that pliable (stiff and 
> plastic-like)and spin/squeal on pavement very easily.
> 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 25
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:56:56 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: What new tires should I buy?

 
Paul.. I just ran across the same problem myself.  If you want raised  white 
letter tires there is only one brand that makes tires for front and rear  with 
the raised white letters in the correct sizes.  B.F.Goodrich  Radial/TA.  You 
can get them from the Tire Rack on line.  I tried to  get them thru a local 
dealer and he was unable to get the front size in the same  tire (P195/60R14) 
but tire rack had them in stock.  4 Brand new tires ran  me $296.66 with 
shipping.
 
Roy  #0893
 
 
 
 
 
In a message dated 6/30/2005 9:43:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com writes:

I am  interested in getting new tires all around, and wanted to now 
what the  preferred brand/model is for Deloreans.  I am also 
considering white  lettered tires as well, for a more sporty look.  
What are members'  take on these issues.  I live in MA, and would like 
to get tires  locally.







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 26
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:56:47 +0100
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: RE: Captive nut for door striker pin

Hi

I have removed the washers on the striker pin to adjust the door, with
trepidation I
unscrewed it completely and it stayed in place!.

The doors closes perfectly now and I did not loose the nut. So I think it
may stay
a "hypothetical situation" ( Hopefully )

Kevin #5959
	#10163

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
Of Stuart Nicholls
Sent: 30 June 2005 14:37
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [DML] Captive nut for door striker pin


I will be very interested to find out any suggestions for this
experiment as I have a similar "hypothetical situation" this time
involving the front passenger sticker pin captive nut. (Surely the
phrase "captive" nut is in the sarcastic sense then)

Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414

Stuart Nicholls
Emagine Productions
T: 01920 461265
F: 01920 465376
E: stuart_at_dml_emagineproductions.co.uk
W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Television - Studio - PSC - ENG - Production - Post Production

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of L. Sandel
Sent: 30 June 2005 03:24
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Captive nut for door striker pin


Hypothetically speaking...

If through some small miracle, one were to dislodge the striker pin
captive
nut and it were to fall somewhere into the body... which infill,







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------