From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2715
Date: Saturday, July 02, 2005 2:54 PM

1. Re: Upper valve train noise
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

2. Re: engine swap?
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

3. John Carson
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

4. New performance Catalytic Converter
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. Steerig rack side-to-side movement
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>

6. To all Maryland DMC Owners
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

7. Venice Biennale Delorean sculpture
From: "car816" <detroit.michigan_at_dml_gmail.com>

8. RE: Upper valve train noise
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

9. Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?
From: "jadedforever93" <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. Re: Re: Upper valve train noise
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:07:27 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Upper valve train noise

I would  bet money that it's an exhaust leak at the manifold. More
often than not, someone not familiar with the car makes this mistake.

Dave Swingle

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:21:34 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>
Subject: Re: engine swap?

I agree with Thomas, Darryl.  If you don't have much mechanical
ability, an engine swap wouldn't be a good idea.  The reason I say so
is because the labor involved to do a swap vs install another PRV6
would probably cost MORE than a new PRV6.  You might be able to get a
good used engine for not much money.  I'd ask Josh Haldeman, or
actually, I think Dave Swingle has an extra one (Dave?)?

FYI I swapped to the 3.0L eagle premier engine, and I use megasquirt
with it.  It wasn't bad, but there was a few things that required
special consideration.  Some welding, cutting, new fuel lines, etc.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Stick with the PRV! They are good engines once set up right. And by
keeping it original the value should stay good, and getting help and
advice from this forum and the vendors will be easier.

> My gearbox swop from auto-manual was great. Five months on and its
still running without any problems. The 5-speed is a much better setup
than the auto in my opinion. How is yours coming along, apart from
your engine problem?

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:37:12 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: John Carson

Does anyone know what the Johnny Carson Delorean on ebay sold for?

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 03:51:44 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: New performance Catalytic Converter

Group,
A little more bolt on performance and still help the environment.
I now have a brand new performance catalytic converter with all the
new specifications. Made out of Stainless Steel body and has a built
in Stainless Steel heat sheild. It's also about 2 lb's lighter than
the old original. I have added the factory literature and
specification for you reading and they are also approved for
California emissions also.
If you have any questions, just let me know. They are in stock now.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/index.html

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:36:40 -0500
From: Jeff Phillips <rvparty_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Steerig rack side-to-side movement

The service manual talks about removing the lateral restraint bracket
under the RH support bushing. I can't find a picture of this bracket
in the parts manual.  My rack is sliding left and right as much as a
1/4" when I turn the steering wheel.  Whats the best way of going
about correcting this?

Jeff

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:05 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: To all Maryland DMC Owners

HELP!  I need to get the car state inspected and can't find anyone to
do it.  Who did you have do your inspection?

Thanks,

Bernie

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 03:12:00 -0000
From: "car816" <detroit.michigan_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Venice Biennale Delorean sculpture

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/art/3238789

"Houston-based sculptor Katrina Moorhead is one of 14 artists
representing Northern Ireland in this year's Venice Biennale. Her
piece, On or About December, 1981, dated 2005, consists of two
basswood and plywood interpretations of the signature "gull-wing"
doors of John DeLorean's innovative but ill-fated car."

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:40:25 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Like Dave said, But are you running the 20/40 oil.

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:10:39 -0000
From: "jadedforever93" <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?

Can anyone please say how many cars were used in the Back to the
Future movies and where they all are now?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:40:56 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Upper valve train noise

...but to answer the question, they're mechanical tappets, and the
adjustment is 0.1mm intake and 0.25mm exhaust (that's from memory, so do
check the manual which will also tell you what order to do them in)

I reckon Dave's right though. Tappets don't just suddenly change unless
something serious has gone wrong, and manifold gaskets i a really common
one.

Martin