From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2716
Date: Sunday, July 03, 2005 4:00 PM

1. RE: John Carson
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

2. Bill Collins - DMC (Texas) Open House Presentation
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

3. Re: Steerig rack side-to-side movement
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

4. RE: Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

5. Throttle part
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

6. RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

7. MD inspection
From: "Mike Cohee" <billsfanmd_at_dml_verizon.net>

8. Re: Johnny Carson
From: ronaldcas_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Competent mechanics for exhaust work in Massachusetts?
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

10. RE: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

11. RE: Throttle part
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

12. Re: engine swap?
From: "Daniel F." <daniel_at_dml_ramblerman.com>

13. Re: To all Maryland DMC Owners
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. RE: Thank you for info on the BTF car.
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

16. Re: Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

17. TRAVEL TO EUROFEST 2006
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:04:06 -0500
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: John Carson

Winning bid:  US $48,999.00  (Reserve met)

KP

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:04:35 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Bill Collins - DMC (Texas) Open House Presentation

Some of the attendees at the DMC (Texas) Open House event felt that Bill
Collins rushed through his slideshow Friday night (he had about 125
slides!) so we've obtained his permission to post them for everyone to
see at the new website http://www.dmchelp.com - we'll be adding more
content (and we hope toreceive contributions from users, as well. We'll
be going through them to add descriptions for those who may not be
familiar with the material, but in the meantime, check them out!

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
and now -
http://www.dmchelp.com
------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:52:25 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Steerig rack side-to-side movement

There's a plate under the square steering rack mounting bracket (no 9 in
image) It has two prongs on it and it's possible to install the rack
without slotting the semicircular flange into these prongs. This will
allow the rack to move from side to side

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/images%5C520.gif

Martin

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:57:25 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Where are the cars used in the BTF movies?

I'm sure you will get lots of info in the picture cars, but to add a
side note.

#10902 was purchased by Universal in 1993 to raffle off at the grand
opening of the BTTF ride in Hollywood.  Universal was legally bound to
offer either the car, or its cash equivelent (they paid $26k for the
car) to the winner.  The winner took the cash so Universal repeated the
promotion.  Again the winner took the cash.  #10902 then sat virtually
untouched for 12 years at the Universal Tram Garage until I purchased it
this spring for a lot less than $26k.

 Tom

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:00:15 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Throttle part

If anybody has a used part number #102780 at a good price i would be
interested in purchasing it. My linkage ball is getting loose and will
fall off soon.

Email me off list.

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:16:59 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics

Is there a procedure available to test the signal going to the RMP
relay?  Can the relay itself be tested with a 12 VDC power supply or do
I need an alternating/pulsing current?

Tom Tait #10902

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:23:24 -0400
From: "Mike Cohee" <billsfanmd_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: MD inspection

Hillmuth automotive in Columbia MD. Ask for one of the two brothers that own
the shop. I think his name is Billy. They are very thorough and very strict
on inspections. They work with the police dept to establish inspection
standards each year. Expect to spend money to pass but they are legitimate
repairs. My biggest expense was a new steering rack which I ordered from Rob
and he put it in.

Also, try British American auto works on Berger lane in Columbia.
(410)381-2700 Ask for Brian England he is the owner and a great mechanic.
Tell him Mike the high school teacher sent you. Lastly, there is an
automotive shop in Dobbin Center, Columbia that inspected Jack's car. Feel
free to email me off list...

Good luck...

Mike C

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:23:37 EDT
From: ronaldcas_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Johnny Carson

In a message dated 7/2/2005 4:06:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com writes:

Does  anyone know what the Johnny Carson Delorean on ebay sold  for?

$48,999.00

_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=45575520
04&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4557552004&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT)

Scott
#10566
Mount Dora, FL

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:54:59 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Competent mechanics for exhaust work in Massachusetts?

Hi Paul,

  I live in the Boston area, and I'm sorry to say, but for the
additional travel time and cost, it's worth it just to take it to
Rob's shop and get it done right the first time by people who know
Deloreans.  I've had that exhaust job (and several other jobs) done at
Rob's shop - I take my D down there for a major job/project about once
a year.  I'm going back next month for a new windshield.

That said, I've had good luck at Lumber Street Auto Repair, Hopkinton,
MA - (508) 435-4046. They've done basic work on my D and other D's in
the area, and are a honest and hard working shop.  The PO of my D had
alot of work done on my car there (brakes, radiator, tune ups, regular
maintenance, etc).  The PO bought the correct parts and brought them
to the shop for installation.

-Hank

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:33:50 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics

Tom, The signal going to thru RPM relay is in the form of a pulse. You can
see it on an oscilloscope, but if you don't have that just check the ohmage
of the pulse coil which should be around 600 ohms cold. If that is there
then the RPM relay should activate when you start cranking over the car. If
you take the black or green box off the relay you would see and hear the
relay inside open and close.
Hope this helps.

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:34:32 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Throttle part

Mark, I can fix the ball.

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:01:53 -0700
From: "Daniel F." <daniel_at_dml_ramblerman.com>
Subject: Re: engine swap?

Hey Matt,

I didn't realize that you actually decided to go with the MegaSquirt
EFI computer on your 3.0L Eagle. I am about a week or two
away from starting my car for the first time with electronic fuel
injection powered by a MegaSquirt ECU that I built. I know that
there are a few DeLoreans out there with EFI conversions, but If
I am not mistaken (someone please correct me if I am) I will have
the only D. powered by the original 2.85 liter PRV with MegaSquirt.

I also agree that keeping the original PRV is a good idea for many
reasons. That is why I decided to just "modernize" it, instead of
just swapping it out for a different engine. Besides the EFI, I also
have professionally-made custom headers and exhaust system
(which I cannot take credit for), K&N air filter and Accel coil, and
I love the performance. When you open the engine cover it looks
basically stock with the exception of some fuel rails and no
K-Jetronic fuel system clutter!

Daniel Fox
Arizona DeLorean Club - Treasurer/Webmaster
VIN 10920 (Almost running with EFI)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:10:36 -0000
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: To all Maryland DMC Owners

I assume you are getting it inspected because you got regular plates,
and not historic? I got the historic plates because I did not plan on
using it as an everyday driver, only on the weekends. It's cheaper,
and no inspection needed. Cheers.

john

Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 04:30:43 -0000
From: "Charlie" <charles_az1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

On the backlot of Universal in L.A. in the back parking lot.  There
are 2 picture cars.  The pt3 car with most of its props missing and a
flat tire and also there is the half cut delorean (and missing the
roof T section and windshield area) used in Pt2 and last used for the
BTTF the ride footage.  Plus they have one that is promo that sits in
front of the ride.

Charlie

P.S.: If you want to see the promo car for USH go to my BIO on www.az-
d.org

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "jadedforever93" <fadednjaded_at_dml_s...>

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 21:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Thank you for info on the BTF car.

I very much appreciate the information you provided. That is very interesting. I was under the impression that the movie studio still had the car(s).

Do you mind saying what town you live in or the generaly area?

Many thanks in advance.

Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:35:57 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Tom, that's pretty fortunate for you.  How did you learn about that
car and who to make an offer to?  And do you have any pics?

Sandor
# 3002

Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 12:18:13 EDT
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: TRAVEL TO EUROFEST 2006

For anyone flying next year to _www.eurofest2006.com_
(http://www.eurofest2006.com)  from New York,  Continental Airlines are now booking seats on their
non-stop direct flights from  New York/Newark NJ to Belfast International up to
May 29th next year.   (Eurofest 2006 is May 25th to May 28th 2006.)
Price for an economy return ticket is currrently about $750  depending on
travel dates.

Robert Lamrock
Belfast