From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2717
Date: Monday, July 04, 2005 4:13 PM

There are 17 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Car Show/John's Memory
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Twin Turbo Kit
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

3. Attention Oklahoma Delorean Owners
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. What's on my stainless?
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: BTF car(s).
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

6. Re: BTF car(s).
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

7. Clunking
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

8. Re: BTF car(s).
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

9. RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

10. Pittsbugh Summer Tech Session - Western PA - RSVP
From: Daniel Plakosh <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Radio Antenna
From: "Frank Blazich" <pastfinderfrank_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. side stripe
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

13. Re: What's on my stainless?
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>

14. Re: engine swap?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: BTF car(s).
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

16. Penetrating oil, or how to remove really corroded nuts
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

17. Re: Clunking
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com





Message: 1
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Car Show/John's Memory

Well, I finally did it.  I got 1st place in what is
now the biggest car show in Maine last Sunday  VIP
auto parts sponsored "Show, Shine and Drag" at the
Oxford Plains speedway.

I entered in the "British" car division, much to the
confusion of one of the Mini Cooper owners.  I had to
explain to him why there is the British
connection....anyway, I usually only 3rd or 2nd place
or nothing as in last year.

This year was very interesting....not one joke about
cocaine, not one nasty comment about John's arrest, no
digs at all.  I was very surprised by the genuine
interest in the car and the number of people who knew
about his  passing.  Lots of comments like "he
certainly had a vision"  "too bad the Big 3 tried to
squash him" etc...

On the front windsheild I had a framed picture of JZD
that one of you created with smaller pic around it and
his birth/death date.  People were very respectful not
to say any shit about him which was really nice.  

It was also nice not to have to defend him as in past
years.  I can only guess that the news of his passing
and reports gave people a better understanding of his
legacy.

Anyway it was great to beat out the 2 MG's and the 3
Mini-Coopers (one new one and 2 older ones)...Victory
at last.  I supposed it also helped that I had
numerous BTTF props in the car for a "taste" of the
BTTF car...Time Circuit, plutonium guages, flux
capacitor and a full sized Mr Fusion with accurate
base and lid.  It really added to the overall
presentation and drew people over to look, especially
the kids.

I hope this new attitude with the public wasn't a
fluke.  Boy, what a thing it would be if his memory is
really going to be honored with the public re-thinking
his contribution to the auto industry and not
re-hashing what they "think" they know to be true.

Tom Watkins
#005732


		
____________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Sports 
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football 
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:52:03 +0100 (BST)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Twin Turbo Kit

I noticed an ad in the De Lorean World magazine (I think) for the twin turbo kit. I have seen the same advert in magazines from the 80's, but the advert is now updated in colour. Is this kit available? If so, who from? Seems interesting...
 
Thanks
Thomas Mc Auley
Vin #4087
Belfast

		
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PCcalling worldwide with voicemail

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:30:23 -0000
From: "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Attention Oklahoma Delorean Owners

   I am all pumped about the Delorean now after returning from DMC's 
Open House a few weeks ago. Seeing Proto 1 and talking with all of 
the different Delorean enthusiast has pushed me enough to finally 
get the first OKCDMC meet up.  July 23rd seems like a good day to 
meet up with the cars (or come car-less) to fellowship and talk 
about getting a club going here in Oklahoma. This will be very 
informal. We can kick around some ideas for some meetups, parades, 
tech sessions etc... Just meeting some of the other Delorean owners 
in Oklahoma to share stories would be great. More and more Delorean 
owners are popping up in this region and I think we can have a lot 
of fun among owners/enthusiast. Please e-mail me privatley if you 
are interested. Even if it's just me and my friend Cliff (who is the 
new owner of 10525) I know it will be fun. I know we can go something
great just like some of the other states. I know the other clubs 
have a lot of fun learning about their cars and becoming friends 
with other owners.  

When: July 23rd, 4PM.
Where: Downtown Oklahoma City (Bricktown), Bass Pro Shops Parking Lot
We can eat and talk in Bricktown and drive the cars in a caravan. 
The downtown Sonic has a huge picture of a Delorean in it's lobby.  

Everyone welcome. 

You can also give me a call on my cell at (405) 255-4910.

Adam Lee 
VIN #1913
delorean85_at_dml_hotmail.com

P.S. Time and place is in the air if a lot of people need to change 
it up.






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:28:32 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: What's on my stainless?

I, for one, love my stainless steel, as does the next guy, I'm sure.   So 
far, it's been extremely low maintenance, though I'm only about three months  
into ownership here.
 
Something, though, has seemed to "stain" my stainless.  It all began  with 
hard city water, a cramped garage, and a sprinkler system.
 
Unfortunately, I have to park the car outside (no, I cannot change  this).  
To counter-act this problem, I'm working on a product to help  alleviate some 
of the problems we get with a car parked outdoors.  But  I digress.
 
If it's a clear night, and the forecast looks good, I'll leave the car  
without a cover.  If there's so much as one cloud above, the cover goes  right on.  
But on a few of these clear nights, the sprinkler system ran on  the car.  I 
wake up the next morning, and there are dried water spots all  over the car.  
I take some warm water & dish soap to it, and I can  clean up everything... 
except for the outer rings.  You simply cannot  notice them--at all--at 
distance, but they stand out like a sore thumb if you  get close enough.  It's almost 
as if the sun has cooked it on there.   The rings vary from color.  I've seen 
light grey to almost black  (thankfully, those are few).  I've tried using 
Windex, Dawn Oxidation Dish  Soap, DMCH's SS Glo++, white vinegar, Coca-Cola (for 
the phosphoric acid), and a  handful of other things I can't seem to 
remember.  Nothing has even put a  dent (so to speak) in these rings.  The SS Glo will 
"hide" the rings, but  once the polish dries or is washed off, the rings come 
back (in the exact same  spots: I've checked).  The only things I haven't 
tried so far is gasoline,  and straight-up phosphoric acid.  And of course, 
regraining the panels, but  even that's unsatisfactory.  I can take pictures and 
post them later, but I  was hoping someone out there has already faced this 
problem and dealt with  it.  What's in our city water?  Not a clue!  But it did 
something  to my stainless...  And yes, we have a water softener installed.  Two 
 of them, in fact.  Any advice?
 
Thanks in advance.
 
Regards,
William Fries
#1366


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: BTF car(s).

If Iím interpreting the information which Tom Tait gave us, the movie studio went out and bought a car to pass off as the original BTF car when in fact it wasnít. It was just a car they bought, and presumably transformed to look like the BTF car, so that they could reap some publicity off of it. So, in reality, the car which Tom Tait says he bought is really not the original car used to make any of the BTF cars but just one they used to advertise the movie.

 

I donít want to imply that the car which Tom Tait bought is worth less because of that; I merely want to be sure I understand what transpired there. I would imagine the rest of us on this list would like to know the true and accurate story as well. 

 

Because of what Tom told us, my question still stands, what did happen to the original car or cars used in the movies? Does anyone know? 

 

My original question was prompted by a claim by someone who says he bought the original BTF car and is restoring it. He did not identify himself as Tom. I have not yet seen the car but I do know where he lives, hence my desire to know where, or approximately where Tom Tait lives.  

 

Might there be several cars out there claiming to be BTF originals? Iím beginning to wonder.
-----------

sandorp1 <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net> wrote:Tom, that's pretty fortunate for you. How did you learn about that 
car and who to make an offer to? And do you have any pics?

Sandor
# 3002


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Tait" wrote:
> I'm sure you will get lots of info in the picture cars, but to add 
a
> side note.
> 
> #10902 was purchased by Universal in 1993 to raffle off at the 
grand
> opening of the BTTF ride in Hollywood. 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:35:39 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: BTF car(s).

Actually there are quite a few of them out there now. There are 
the "open" replicas where the owner tells you that they are replicas 
(most of the owners of these are on the list - Brandys, Holler etc.). 
The more insidious ones are the George Barris replicas. Barris had 
nothing at all to do with the original movie cars, but is now making 
replicas that are in car museums all over the country. They ARE 
signed by him on the front fender, but generally the museum people 
seem ignorant that the cars are not actually from Universal or from 
the movie.

According to the movie producers, all the DeLorean cars from the 
movie are still in posession of Universal or have been destroyed. It 
is possible that one or more made it out into the public, for example 
we do know that "Biff's BMW from the future" is currently being 
restored in private hands. 

Dave S


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_s...> 
wrote:
> If I'm interpreting the information which Tom Tait gave us, the 
movie studio went out and bought a car to pass off as the original 
BTF car when in fact it wasn't. It was just a car they bought, and 
presumably transformed to look like the BTF car, so that they could 
reap some publicity off of it. So, in reality, the car which Tom Tait 
says he bought is really not the original car used to make any of the 
BTF cars but just one they used to advertise the movie.
> 
>  
> 
> I don't want to imply that the car which Tom Tait bought is worth 
less because of that; I merely want to be sure I understand what 
transpired there. I would imagine the rest of us on this list would 
like to know the true and accurate story as well. 
> 
>  
> 
> Because of what Tom told us, my question still stands, what did 
happen to the original car or cars used in the movies? Does anyone 
know? 
> 
>  
> 
> My original question was prompted by a claim by someone who says he 
bought the original BTF car and is restoring it. He did not identify 
himself as Tom. I have not yet seen the car but I do know where he 
lives, hence my desire to know where, or approximately where Tom Tait 
lives.  
> 
>  
> 
> Might there be several cars out there claiming to be BTF originals? 
I'm beginning to wonder.
> -----------
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:53:52 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Clunking

List:

The past couple of weeks I have been bothered/concerned with a "clunking" noise heard from the rear of the car.  I have since tightened down the body-bolts in the engine compartment and replaced the TAB's with Toby's TAB's (Grrrr, seized bolts).  However the clunking is still heard, primarily when rounding corners.  What else could this be?  Suspension bushings?  Loose shocks?

Thanks,
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:33:55 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: BTF car(s).

One other of the BTTF cars is in the Hollywood Casino in Tunica Mississippi  
and was the location of the DCS 2002
 
Ken


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:36:06 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics

 
 
Tom,
 
What exactly are you trying to accomplish or find out?
 
The "signal" going to the RPM relay is on the WS wire (white with a slate  
stripe) and comes from the Ignition ECU to ignition coil  primary connection.  
It is a "tach" signal and thus you should be able  to get a reading with a 
standard automotive diagnostic tachometer.
 
If this info does not help, please give us more details about what you  need.
 
D≤ & 6530
Currently undergoing a water pump change.


Message: 6
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:16:59 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics

Is there a procedure available to test the signal going to  the RMP
relay?  Can the relay itself be tested with a 12 VDC power  supply or do
I need an alternating/pulsing current?

Tom Tait  #10902



 
Thank  you,

Dave



"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"ģ


To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)   



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 06:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Daniel Plakosh <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Pittsbugh Summer Tech Session - Western PA - RSVP

All,

The Pittsburgh Summer Tech Session will be held on Saturday August 6, 2005 starting at 9:00 AM. This is an excellent to opportunity to socialize with other D owners and get any needed work done on your car.

We're easy to find just off the route 60 Hopewell exit about 7 min. from the Pittsburgh Airport. We hope to see all the great people we've met at the previous tech sessions and hopefully a few new faces too! If your car is not ready to drive then just come and visit, we'd love to see you! We even have some room for anyone that wants to travel a bit and might want to spend the night.

We'll start off at 9a.m. (Coffee and pastries to open your eyes :-). Snacks along with beverages (including beer) during the day. Around 1:00 PM we'll have a cookout for lunch and a dinner cookout around 5:30 PM.  Please e-mail us off-list to confirm your attendance, and perhaps any work you'd like some help with, and let us know if you need directions. Significant others are welcome, and encouraged.. 
 
 
Hope to see you there!

Best regards,

 Dan and Judy
(Vin 3872) 






		
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
 Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:02:54 +0000
From: "Frank Blazich" <pastfinderfrank_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Radio Antenna

Hi Everyone,
   I'm a newbie here in that I am looking at purchasing a Delorean for my 
own and wanted to start researching.  I have the opportunity now to purchase 
a Delorean with the radio antenna mounted on the right front fender.  This 
is the only one I have seen with the antenna mounted here (I know the early 
ones had it) and was just curious about if it is possible to move the 
antenna to the rear of the car like the latter versions.
Cheers,
Frank






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:13:10 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: side stripe

About a year ago there was some pictures of a Delorean with a blue 
side stripe, does any one know who's car this was and where did they 
get the blue stripes?






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:01:12 -0000
From: "Namlemez" <thecal_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: What's on my stainless?

Try CLR out, but make sure to test on a less visible area first. You
should be able to find it at Home Depot but here's what it looks like:
http://www.polsteins.com/clrcallimrus.html

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_a... wrote:
> I, for one, love my stainless steel, as does the next guy, I'm sure.
  So 
> far, it's been extremely low maintenance, though I'm only about
three months  
> into ownership here.
>  
> Something, though, has seemed to "stain" my stainless.  It all began
 with 
> hard city water, a cramped garage, and a sprinkler system.
>  
> Unfortunately, I have to park the car outside (no, I cannot change 
this).  
> To counter-act this problem, I'm working on a product to help 
alleviate some 
> of the problems we get with a car parked outdoors.  But  I digress.
>  
> If it's a clear night, and the forecast looks good, I'll leave the car  
> without a cover.  If there's so much as one cloud above, the cover
goes  right on.  
> But on a few of these clear nights, the sprinkler system ran on  the
car.  I 
> wake up the next morning, and there are dried water spots all  over
the car.  
> I take some warm water & dish soap to it, and I can  clean up
everything... 
> except for the outer rings.  You simply cannot  notice them--at all--at 
> distance, but they stand out like a sore thumb if you  get close
enough.  It's almost 
> as if the sun has cooked it on there.   The rings vary from color. 
I've seen 
> light grey to almost black  (thankfully, those are few).  I've tried
using 
> Windex, Dawn Oxidation Dish  Soap, DMCH's SS Glo++, white vinegar,
Coca-Cola (for 
> the phosphoric acid), and a  handful of other things I can't seem to 
> remember.  Nothing has even put a  dent (so to speak) in these
rings.  The SS Glo will 
> "hide" the rings, but  once the polish dries or is washed off, the
rings come 
> back (in the exact same  spots: I've checked).  The only things I
haven't 
> tried so far is gasoline,  and straight-up phosphoric acid.  And of
course, 
> regraining the panels, but  even that's unsatisfactory.  I can take
pictures and 
> post them later, but I  was hoping someone out there has already
faced this 
> problem and dealt with  it.  What's in our city water?  Not a clue!
 But it did 
> something  to my stainless...  And yes, we have a water softener
installed.  Two 
>  of them, in fact.  Any advice?
>  
> Thanks in advance.
>  
> Regards,
> William Fries
> #1366
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: engine swap?

Did you remove the stock fuel meter housing?  IMHO,
this item is restrictive (Well, the whole intake is!)
and you will see an improvement with it removed.

The last EFI DeLorean discussed on the DML had a
custom intake manifold too.  Maybe you want to
investigate something like that?

Good luck!  I am glad to see some more people doing
EFI conversions on the DeLorean.  With any luck, it
will be a well documented process that others can
copy.



--- "Daniel F." <daniel_at_dml_ramblerman.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I also agree that keeping the original PRV is a good
> idea for many
> reasons. That is why I decided to just "modernize"
> it, instead of
> just swapping it out for a different engine. Besides
> the EFI, I also
> have professionally-made custom headers and exhaust
> system
> (which I cannot take credit for), K&N air filter and
> Accel coil, and
> I love the performance. When you open the engine
> cover it looks
> basically stock with the exception of some fuel
> rails and no
> K-Jetronic fuel system clutter!
><SNIP>



		
____________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! Sports 
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football 
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:43:46 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: BTF car(s).

Remember, there were many cars used in all three movies.
I am not sure how many they used but I remember Bob Gale saying they used I 
think
3 of them in the first movie.
One whole car, one that was just the first half of the car for over the 
shoulder shots,
and another stunt car I think.
I think there were about 6 cars used all together in all 3 movies.

I know where a few of them are.
You can look on many BTTF websites fot this information.
We have discussed it on

http://www.bttfstuff.com
and
http://www.bttfparts.com

You might want to ask Dan Botkin at DeLorean Motor Center in California,
he was commisioned to build and restore one of the cars for Universal back
when the DVD's came out.

- Videobob

>From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DML] BTF car(s).
>Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
>
>If Iím interpreting the information which Tom Tait gave us, the movie 
>studio went out and bought a car to pass off as the original BTF car when 
>in fact it wasnít. It was just a car they bought, and presumably 
>transformed to look like the BTF car, so that they could reap some 
>publicity off of it. So, in reality, the car which Tom Tait says he bought 
>is really not the original car used to make any of the BTF cars but just 
>one they used to advertise the movie.
>
>
>
>I donít want to imply that the car which Tom Tait bought is worth less 
>because of that; I merely want to be sure I understand what transpired 
>there. I would imagine the rest of us on this list would like to know the 
>true and accurate story as well.
>
>
>
>Because of what Tom told us, my question still stands, what did happen to 
>the original car or cars used in the movies? Does anyone know?
>
>
>
>My original question was prompted by a claim by someone who says he bought 
>the original BTF car and is restoring it. He did not identify himself as 
>Tom. I have not yet seen the car but I do know where he lives, hence my 
>desire to know where, or approximately where Tom Tait lives.
>
>
>
>Might there be several cars out there claiming to be BTF originals? Iím 
>beginning to wonder.
>-----------
>
>sandorp1 <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net> wrote:Tom, that's pretty fortunate for you. 
>How did you learn about that
>car and who to make an offer to? And do you have any pics?
>
>Sandor
># 3002
>
>
>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Tait" wrote:
> > I'm sure you will get lots of info in the picture cars, but to add
>a
> > side note.
> >
> > #10902 was purchased by Universal in 1993 to raffle off at the
>grand
> > opening of the BTTF ride in Hollywood.
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:32:04 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Penetrating oil, or how to remove really corroded nuts

Hi all, decided to dive in and start tinkering with the car this 
morning.  Immediate problems, all I want to do is replace the 
alternator, and the AC and Altrenator belts.  Well the adjusting bolt 
retaining nut (SP10037) on the lower AC pulley bracket (10072) is stuck 
on there like you would not believe, I have soaked it with penetrating 
oil for over 2 hours and it just will not breakfree, any one got any 
ideas?

Next thing is the alternator, the wires are so corroded to the nut they 
just spin with the nut when I loosen it.  These too have been soaking 
in penetrating oil.  Don't want to cut them off as there is not much 
wire there to begin with.

Any ideas or hints will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernie






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:09:05 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Clunking

 
In a message dated 7/4/2005 8:43:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,  
tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu writes:

List:

The past couple of weeks I have been bothered/concerned  with a "clunking" 
noise heard from the rear of the car.  I have since  tightened down the 
body-bolts in the engine compartment and replaced the TAB's  with Toby's TAB's (Grrrr, 
seized bolts).  However the clunking is still  heard, primarily when rounding 
corners.  What else could this be?   Suspension bushings?  Loose shocks?

Thanks,
Todd  Nelson
1561, Vermont


Todd - 
 
Have you ever repacked your CV joints? Perhaps the grease is old and  causing 
some sticking.
 
Andy


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------