From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2720
Date: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:32 PM

1. RE: Re: What's on my stainless?
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>

2. Just When you think your car is as good as it gets!
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

3. Brandon's Ride
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

4. Re: Auto Trans Computer Test?
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>

5. Re: side stripe
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

6. Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

7. Re: Auto Trans Computer Test?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

8. Re: side stripe
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. RE: New Seat Covers
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Re: Help! Door lock problem!
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. Delorean in 1988 Matlock episode (with Don Knotts)
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Car Show/John's Memory
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. RE: BTTF Ride..
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

14. Re: side stripe
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

15. NOS Seat Covers
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

16. Help with rotors!
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

17. Bttf delorean
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: BTF car(s).
From: Mike Green <mikedx_at_dml_gmail.com>

19. Re: Help! Door lock problem!
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>

20. RE: Delorean in 1988 Matlock episode (with Don Knotts)
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

22. Re: Delorean in 1988 Matlock episode (with Don Knotts)
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Just When you think your car is as good as it gets!
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

24. AW: Help! Door lock problem!
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

25. RE: DeLorean in 1988 Matlock episode (with Don Knotts)
From: "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel_at_dml_stiefelaluminum.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:28:24 +0100
From: "Kevin Milliken" <kevin.milliken_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: RE: Re: What's on my stainless?

Hi William

A suggestion for you, try and find a local metal workshop in the yellow
pages and ask
if you have any scrap Stainless steel or could you buy a lump about 2 feet
by 2 feet
(in the UK I bought some 2x2 for about ?5.00)

Then you can try everything without even touching the car. I always try all
remedies
before touching the car. That way you will know exactly waht happens when
you try it
on the car

Hope it helps

Kevin

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:44:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Just When you think your car is as good as it gets!

I know most of you have had a similar frustration, I now have my own story.

I worked very hard all winter to make my car as good as it can be. Not concourse, but a great example of a Delorean Driver. Well after many months tinkering, replacing and fixing. I finally passed emmisions all my lights and accessories were working. Life was beautiful, the birds were singing, children laughing life is great right!

Well not quite, first ride out of the box, I get to my destination and my drivers side window goes 9/10ths closed and stops. Thinking its the switch I play with it and clean it... Nothing. I switch the passenger side switch with drivers side. No change and the passenger side still works great.

Bottom line... As a former Saturday Night Live personality used to say...."Its always something!"

I will be ording a new motor in the next few weeks when I can sneak the expediture past the Boss!

Have a great day.

Dan Haney

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:53:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Brandon's Ride

I know most of you are aware that Brandon Naughton is rebuilding a basket case car including replacing the orginal PRV with an Eagle Premier motor. I had the opportunity on Friday July 1st to take a good look at his car. The powder coated frame and all of his "rolling chassis" looks super. He still has a long way to go cosmetically but his work is really 1st rate and I have no doubt that it won't be long before he is running down the road in a very special ride.

Thanks again Brandon for taking the time to showing me your car. I forgot my camera but hopefully Brandon will take some pictures that we can up load for all to see.

Happy Motoring.

Dan Haney

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:33:55 -0000
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>
Subject: Re: Auto Trans Computer Test?

Hi Jake.

I don't believe so.  Testing it requires rotating the input, while
monitoring the solenoid drive outputs.  Just hard and expensive
enough of a test, that only a manufacturer of the circuit would want
to bother testing them individually. It's very unlikely someone has
put together a good test fixture for the fun of it.

I've considered making a test fixture of this type myself, and have,
at least mentally, already designed it.  If I ever design an
aftermarket transmission circuit board, I will make the test fixture.

If you can answer these questions with "yes", your rebuild will
probably work.

Are the capacitors in your rebuilt unit positioned correctly, not
backwards?
Are they soldered well?
Is the box sealed well against moisture?
Do the output transistors connect well to the heatsinks?

Good luck

Rick Gendreau.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_s...>
wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a way to test auto trans governors while
they're off the car?

> I'm working on a club member's car and we traced one issue from his
auto trans to a dirty connection under the coil cover.  Another issue
is apparently being caused by the governor and I'd like to make sure
the one I rebuilt for him is working before we go through the trouble
of putting it on....

> I've got the test lights already thanks to another owner here in
beautiful southern Illinois, but that only helps me test the one
that's on the car.  :-)

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:15:32 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: side stripe

I have that car now, It was Ken Costas and he did the stripe himself. I have
since replaced a few sections and it is a very easy job. The files are
readily available and any sign shop can cut the vinyl color of your choice.
If you need more info email me off list..

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering

The Esquire Theater (Downtown Denver 8th & Downing) is going to do a midnight showing of the original Back to the Future on Saturday July 23. They would love to have as many cars as possible to park out front starting about 10 PM until after the end of the film. It is a very secure area and the ownership has said all owners would get a free tickets to the film as well as refreshments.

This would be an excellent opportunity to meet other owners in the area. I hope to at least hear from all of those living in or around the area. Any questions you can contact me off list.

Thanks.

Dan Haney

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:52:47 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Plug it into the car, hook up the test lights, and spin it up with a
3/8" electric drill. 1-2 is about 1/4 speed, 2-3 is about 2/3 speed
at least on my non-calibrated drill. Not very scientific but close
enough for 25-year-old analog electronics. Be sure to tap on it -
biggest problem I've had is that even though it's fixed there are
imperceptible cracks and other bad joints on the circuit boards.

Dave Swingle

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:08:16 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yes, I contacteed him off list.
Not only can I make it in any color, but I can print any image, logo or
pattern on it you want.
I could make one look like carbon fiber, snakeskin, whatever.
We have both a thermal printer, and an inkjet printer now for vinyl.
We can pretty much make anything, including full vehicle wraps.
Anyone want a GOLD DeLorean?
- VB

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:11:34 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: New Seat Covers

Houston's seat covers are awesome, and if I could do it all over again I
would get their new two-tone seat covers...they look awesome and set the car
off in a new way.
Small price to pay when you consider having them done at an upholstery shop
who
could never match the grain anyway.
I love me seats, and get complements on them from everyone who looks at the
car.
It's one of the first things they notice...."Man, are these seats original?
They are so
soft and supple!"
- VB

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:27:54 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Help! Door lock problem!

If everything works fine manually tripping the locks at the module,
but it doesn't always work by pressing the lock/unlock switch on the
doors, I'd suggest opening the doors up and checking the linkage.
There's a "slider" deal in there that trips the door lock module. It's
possible you're not getting a good connection there.

Next time this happens, try using the other door. So if the driver's
side doesn't trip the electrical locks, hit the lock/unlock on the
passenger's door and see what happens. If one works and the other
doesn't, your problem is almost certainly in the door.

-Ryan

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:27:22 -0000
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean in 1988 Matlock episode (with Don Knotts)

Not sure if this one has been posted before...
As I walked past the TV (Direct TV Channel 312 Hallmark Channel) this
morning I noticed a Delorean on one of the programs.   Turns out it
was Don Knotts in an episode of Matlock buying a Delorean from "Honest
Earls" used car lot.   The episode is actually titled "The Lemon" and
Don Knotts is framed for murdering Honest Earl.  Just though I'd pass
it on.
And no, I'm not a fan of the Hallmark Channel.

Christian J.
Phx, AZ
Vin - Soon, very soon.

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:57:34 -0000
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Car Show/John's Memory

Congratulations on winning 1st place at the show, Tom!   I have also
been thinking how, in my own way, I can honor John's vision and
dream.   So when 1510 arrives from Houston, it will have AZ plates
that say "THX JZD".   I think that says it all.

Christian Jarzab

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:16:37 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: BTTF Ride..

Florida started running (soft opening) the nite the first gulf war
started, Hollywood in '93, and Japan a few years back.  Figure about 28
years of combined operation.  The rides have probably averaged 50% of
total capacity in that time.  28 years times 363 days times 10 hours
(average) times 1920 guests per hour times 50% is 97,574,400 - heck lets
call it 100 million viewings of the BTTF Ride.

Titanic worldwide has earned 1,845,000,000 according to
BoxofficeMojo.com - we know average ticket prices are less than $18 a
seat - so Mr Cameron is the winner, for now.  If the rides keep running
another 10 years or more it may get close.  For now the Ride would still
win on cost per view - compared to Titanic at least.

Tom

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:35:21 -0000
From: "James" <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

ANYONE can have a side stripe made in ANY color they want at any local
sign shop for about $80 or so - email me and I will send you the files
that you can take or email to your sign shop (they'll fit on a floppy,
if anyone still has any of those) and you're done!

As some background, we re-created this artwork, decided that unless
they could be made from exactly the same material (screen printed DMC
logo in a flat, non-textured area, smoother edges at top and bottom of
stripe, correct texture, etc) at a reasonable price, it wasn't worth
it. We're making the files available FREE to those who email me asking
for them.

Regards,

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com
800/872-3621

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:48:10 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: NOS Seat Covers

Hi Jake,

I have ordered three sets of NOS DeLorean seat covers from;

_lee.stella_at_dml_blueyonder.co.uk_ (mailto:lee.stella_at_dml_blueyonder.co.uk)

He list them on Ebay from time to time.

I just ordered two more sets of black and gray seat covers from him.   The
dollar is down now, so the exchange isn't very good. The reproductions out
there are good quality, however they look like reproductions. Not sure what  the
Houston seat covers look like, however I plan to buy their new interior  parts
when they are available.

I ordered some leather hides and I am having a upholstery shop make a full
leather interior for my car. Suede headliners, leather door panels, French
stitching, etc.

I use Leatherique pristine cleaner & rejuvinator oil on my seats,  couch,
sofa, chairs, cars, dashboard, door panels,  etc every six  months. I would
recommend the continue use of it with new seat covers.

Sincerely Yours,
Mike Pack
Maryland

In a message dated 07/05/2005 11:15:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net writes:

[...]

[Non-text portions of this  message have been removed]

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:35:51 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Help with rotors!

I am attempting to rebuild my brakes. I got all four calipers off, but
am having problems getting the hubs/rotors off.  They are all pretty
glazed and all I wanted to do was to take them off and get them turned
at a local garage.  Per the manual, once I get the hub nut off on
either the front or back, it just says to pull the disc right off.

After a rubber mallet on my front driver's side, ball bearings from
the back spilled out, which I thought were sealed.  I can't mallet the
passenger side off.  The rears has some sort of friction retaining
push washer over the threads and pushed inside.  I thought a rubber
mallet again might help, but it seemed to loosen the drive axle joint
behind it, instead.

I need help! How do I get the rotors off?

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:47:49 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Bttf delorean

I don't think there is a Planet Hollywood in Hawaii anymore.  Went out of
business about 8 yrs ago.  So maybe Arnold has it in his garage?
-Alex

"Unconfirmed, but I was told the "car" in Planet
Hollywood, Hawaii was the car that was hit by the
train.

Based on how awful it looked, I don't doubt it."
"

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:45:20 +0100
From: Mike Green <mikedx_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: BTF car(s).

Legend has it that the delorean hanging in hawaii is in fact the train
wreck one.. but sadly we all know that no train would wreck a D like
that, so it was (or at least must have been) chopped up.. I cant
provide any proof on this right now.. however I do recall seeing some
literature to back it up that came "from the horses mouth" so to speak
(possibly kevin pike).

On 7/5/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Unconfirmed, but I was told the "car" in Planet
> Hollywood, Hawaii was the car that was hit by the
> train.
>
> Based on how awful it looked, I don't doubt it.

> Yahoo! Sports

------------------------------------
Mike Green
Software architect
DOC 427
MSN: mikeyturbouk_at_dml_hotmail.com

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:45:35 -0500
From: "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_cableone.net>

Linkage appears fine.  This problem happens to both doors at the same time.

Jace

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:26:39 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

The Delorean wasn't the "lemon" was it?
-VB

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:43:02 -0400
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Update

Don't forget!  The Mid-Atlantic club's Summer Fun Run is less then 2 weeks
away!  You wont want to miss this great event.  Details can be found below,
or on our website.

Hope to see you there!

When: Saturday, July 16, 2005
Where: Meet at the Palisades Mall, W. Nyack, NY.
Details: www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

We hope everyone can attend.  More details are to follow, but I hope you can
all attend.  Hope to see you there!

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:42:10 -0000
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Yes, the episode was titled "The Lemon".   There was a scene that
showed Don Knots driving by with the window down giving the peace
sign to Andy Griffith.   I though to myself, "I've seen it all".
Christian

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:12:35 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Just When you think your car is as good as it gets!

Sounds a lot like my car!  When I first got it, the only thing wrong  with it
was the gear shift linkage cable.  Just about everything else  worked (and
the things that didn't only needed new fuses).  DMCF dropped in  a cable, along
with some new door struts, and even gave me a free polishing job  to boot.

Now, fast forward to present date.  My passenger window motor has  shorted
out (and cooked the switch, I might add), my driver window motor is on  its way
out, my stainless has been stained (damn you, Marco Island!), my air
conditioning unit is very low on Freon, I need a new starter, new door weather  seals,
and a few other things I could mention, but won't.

So yeah.  I feel your pain.  :(

Regards,
William F.

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:05:07 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Help! Door lock problem!

Do the Caps get charged ?

I'd suspect the switches inside the door, too. I can't really believe that
they lock and unlock fine once and then stop. Sounds strange. Sounds like
the  CB would be active which would be very strange - but then it shouldn't
work when pushing the relays manually.

If one switch in the door is in the lock and the other one in the unlock
position,
the caps never get charged and therefore it won't work until one contact
is opened somehow - by playing with the switches or vibrations or whatever.

Elvis & 6548

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:20:36 -0400
From: "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel_at_dml_stiefelaluminum.com>

Oh yes it was.  Was a pretty good episode actually, saw it a few years back.

Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461
Listen to the best music of all time at www.fmtimemachine.com