From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2722
Date: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:28 PM

1. to all chicago area owners
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Engine Won't Start - Started
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

3. Re: Captive nut for door striker pin - resolved
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. RE: Large DeLorean Poster wanted
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

5. Re: to all chicago area owners
From: Bryan Pearce <bryanp_at_dml_pearce-design.com>

6. Re: Help! Door lock problem!
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

7. RE: New Seat Covers
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

8. RE: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

9. Moderator twitch snafu
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

10. Re: Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:26:43 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: to all chicago area owners

sunday, july 17th at 9:30pm, marcus theaters in orland park, il. will be showing back
to the future.  i think someone just posted about something similar going on in
oklahoma, i think it was?  anyways, i will be bringing my car, and i was hoping to put
a call out to all the owners in the chicagoland area (or anyone who wants to come)
give me an e-mail to try to set something up.  a convoy to the theater, or whatever.
you know, just make a spectical of it.  i will be contacting the theater soon, but im
sure they will want to do something special if we will have deloreans there.  so, if
anyone else is interested, gimme an e-mail at coreysmoo(AT)hotmail.com so i can try
to put this together.
cheers,
corey

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:40:08 -0400
From: "David Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Won't Start - Started

Much thanks to David Teitelbaum for his assistance in finding our no-start
problem. "Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees". (or wires)

Turns out it was the distributor to ECU connector in the engine compartment
had the female pins pushed back inside the connector. In attempting to
perform a continuity check I realized there were no pins in the connector.

Dave Sontos

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:42:23 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Captive nut for door striker pin - resolved

> 7. Reassemble.
> 8. ???
> 9. Profit!

I can't believe we let /. users on this list. I thought I was safe
here. What's next, hidden goatse links? ;-)

Just pulling your leg, Luke. Thanks for the info. I've been playing
with my striker pins as well, and I hope I don't have to use this
procedure myself, but it's nice to know it's here just in case.

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:23:12 -0400
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>
Subject: RE: Large DeLorean Poster wanted

Mike,

I have one you can have (like new).  Just pay the postage or stop on by.

Kind Regards,

Jack.

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:34:08 -0500
From: Bryan Pearce <bryanp_at_dml_pearce-design.com>
Subject: Re: to all chicago area owners

Corey,

I believe Rich W. has already made arrangements with the theater for
this.

Bryan Pearce

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:30:42 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Re: Help! Door lock problem!

I had a very similar problem where  I could lock and unlock the door
just fine from the inside  but lock it from the outside and you had
better have a window down. Even with the window down you would have
to press down on the door latch lever and work the lock handle until
things let loose. I had adjusted the lock mechanism and it worked
fine with me in the car.  I replaced both the front and rear door
latches but still had the problem.

I finally tracked the problem down to the outside door handle and the
release cable. The handle was worn and sloppy and the release cable
was worn and had developed a kink in it so if you locked it and then
lifted the door handle to make check that the door was locked things
would be under  tension and would not allow the mechanism in the door
to return to its rest position which in turn would not allow the
wiper switch for the locks to move all the way to the unlock
position.  The amount of travel that was being limited by these worn
parts was less than a quarter inch but could not be adjusted out. New
handle and release cable solved everything. I could have replaced
just the cable and made things operable again but the handle was on
it's last legs so I replaced it with one of the cast zinc ones from
DMC Houston.  The doors work better than they had since I bought the
car and I no longer fear locking it.

Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:58:05 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: New Seat Covers

Are there photos on the web of the two tone seats?

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:05:10 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: RPM Relay/ECM/Pulse generator Diagnostics

That sure sounds like it could be it - will try to check it in the next day or two.  Off with the fuel metering unit - again.

If I want to turn the engine by hand to check the mark on the pulley, do I need to remove the plugs to prevent compression?  I assume I have to take out the muffler and heat shield to get a wrench on it.  Anyone know the size of the nut?

I really appreciate the help on this.

Tom

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:25:33 -0000
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Moderator twitch snafu

As an FYI -- Moderators sometimes make mistakes, and I'm no exception.
Earlier today I was moderating a message and just as I went to click
on the "ACCEPT" button, I had a hand twitch and ended up hitting the
adjacent button on the control panel instead. The adjacent button
was "DELETE" and the the control panel does not present a "Are you
sure" message. As a result I unfortunately lost one posting in the
message queue this morning, and I'm not sure whose it was.

Sorry about the hand twitch and resultant snafu today for whoever's note I accidentally dropped.

  Knut (moderator this week)

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:25:27 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Re: Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering

Yes, it's called BTTF.com...

Check our event calendar in the forums section for upcoming events...

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_y...>