From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2726
Date: Friday, July 08, 2005 3:08 PM

1. Re: OK, I really screwed up
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. RE: Removing Electrical Contacts from connectors...
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: DOA mags
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. RE: DOA mags
From: "Richard T. Herrick, MD" <docrth_at_dml_verizon.net>

5. Re: Tachometer Failure
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Removing Electrical Contacts from connectors...
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

7. Re: Tachometer Failure
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

8. Re: Removing Electrical Contacts from connectors...
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

9. Wacky Tach
From: "ironranger7012" <kvlauhala_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Re: 2005
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. re: cooling problem
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Removing Electrical Contacts from connectors...
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:03:30 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OK, I really screwed up

Last time I was hunting for the ScotchBright 7446 pads, I found them
for a decent price at SkyGeek (http://skygeek.com/scotblenpadn.html).
These are the pads that I've heard recommended most frequently.

--Greg

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:08:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Removing Electrical Contacts from connectors...

I am surprised no one has come up with a small brush
(like a mini battery terminal brush) that can get in
there and clean both the pin and the receptacle.

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:35:11 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: DOA mags

After the very first mention of the magazine deal on this list, I
signed up (05/25/2005).  I just checked the credit card I used and it
was just charged (07/05/2005).  So I'm guessing it will be soon now.

--Greg

Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:27:16 -0400
From: "Richard T. Herrick, MD" <docrth_at_dml_verizon.net>

I did about 3 mo ago
DocRTH
FL

Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:38:54 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Tachometer Failure

Probably the tach itself (I've seen them fail). The circuit is pretty
simple - it's one (white/slate)wire back to the ECU (distributor
computer). That same sense lead also feeds the RPM relay and the idle
speed computer. A failure anywhere but in that wire or the tach itself
will kill the ignition and the fuel pump too.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jason K. Lindelof" <nofear365_at_dml_y...>

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:46:14 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

To clean mine I used a tiny cylindrical wire brush that came in my
kit of Dremel tools. I just chucked it in the dremel and cleaned the
connectors in the plug. The idle speed motor was new so I didnt worry
about cleaning in there.
Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:46:40 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Oops  - a bit quick on the draw there. The wire from the tach does
not go directly/solely to the ECU but joins somewhere in the
electrical compartment harness where the feeds to the other devices
are branched.

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:50:06 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

Do they make small pipe cleaners with metallic spines?  A small lenght
of that in an electric drill or rotary tool could be perfect.  Maybe
even the fabric kind, soaked with the right chemical and rotated at
high velocity...

--Greg

Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:34:10 -0000
From: "ironranger7012" <kvlauhala_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Wacky Tach

I posted this message a couple of weeks ago with no response.  After
just reading Jasons message about his tach going past redline may be
our problems are similar.
In my case the tach reads ok at idle to about 2.5k and then starts
going wild.  At about 65mph the reading is about 5k and wavering +/-
200 rpm.  The original tach did the same until it went around and the
needle just pointed down and waved a little while the engine was
running. I bought a new tach but it does the same as the first but at
about 1k less rpm.  I have just put up with it but I don't want this
to go over the top and have to buy a new tach again.  I was thinking
it may be the ground for the tach but I'm feeling too old to maneuver
under the dash anymore for something that may or may not be my problem.
I hope someone else out there has a cure for this and/or Jasons.

Vic

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:18:15 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 2005

Aaron,

You're exactly right. Pullling up both images and swapping back and
forth, it's completely the same car. Almost looks like the same image,
actually! Check out the rear view mirror in both pics; they appear
identical.

-Ryan

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: re: cooling problem

Thanks again to all who have offered help & advise. I have plenty to go on an
keep me busy for a while.

Shannon Y

Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:30:15 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Thanks John.  I'll look into the boots... I found a couple of them I'd
like to replace for the sake of rainproofing.

-Wayne / VIN#2447