Subject:
[DML] Digest Number 2732
From:
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:
12 Jul 2005 02:44:42 -0000

dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

3. Extended Convex Mirrors - please read if you got them
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

4. Re: Possible cooling problem?
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

5. RE: Ignorant DJ
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

6. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

7. RE: Wheel refinishing in New England.
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

8. Ignorant People (was: Re: Ignorant DJ)
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

10. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

11. RE: Possible cooling problem?
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

12. Re: Possible cooling problem?
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

13. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

15. Re: Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

16. Re: Possible cooling problem?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

17. Fascia paint recommendations
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

19. Wacky tach still
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

20. Reminder California DeLorean Owners/Association
From: "ocdelorean" <director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com>

21. Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

22. Re: DOA Mag
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

23. Re: Extended Convex Mirrors - please read if you got them
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

24. Re: Re: Ignorant DJ
From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

25. Re: Grilling with a DeLorean
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:26:35 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Ignorant DJ

I'm going to stick my neck out here and defend our marque...

I bought a fixer upper D a few years ago which many have given the
name "Screamin Yellow D"  It was a mess... but I can honestly say
most of the "mess" was created by the type of care it was previously
given.  I spent a large part of my time undoing things that
progressively took the car into a state of disaster.  But most
importantly I started driving it... thats how you work the bugs out
of a 20+ year old car... drive it... repair it... and eventually you
will have a nice daily driver.  I had the pleasure of recently
running with 9 other Ds to the DMCH Open House.  While we started
from St. Louis, many others hooked up with us from greater
distances.  All but one of the cars ran flawlessly... and it had to
be trailered after several hundred miles... why... it wasnt driven on
a regular basis and had a fuel problem... ie... filthy tank.  Think
about it, how many early eighties cars are even on the road today...
not many.  DeLoreans do not suffer from constant mech and elec
problems.  They suffer from poor maintenance and ill informed
repairs.  Ive hooked up with a great bunch of D enthusiasts in the
MidWest and I would get in any one of their cars and drive it cross
country.  Find the people in your area who know the cars, learn from
them, do the maintenance, do the repairs and you too will be as
confident in driving your D as I am in driving both of mine.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine
www.gullwingmagazine.com

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:24:00 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

Interesting view point, "me".  The response that I usually offer to
people who offer the same type of commentary as the aforementioned DJ
is that this has not been my experience in over 17 years of continuous
DeLorean ownership.  I have, on many occassions, hopped into Winged1
and driven to the far side of Montana from Seattle without a moments
hesitation or doubt.  I have also driven to central Oregon, and well up
into British Columbia.  Winged1 has only stranded me once in 80,000
miles of enjoyable driving, and that was about 5 miles from home.  That
turned out to be a relatively minor electrical issue that was easily
resolved once I had her home in my shop.  In short, I do not *at all*
relate to what you are saying about the DeLorean automobile.  If these
cars are driven regularly, and maintained in a manner suitable to a
semi-exotic car, you can get wonderful reliability and performance out
of them.  Ask a Ferrari 308 owner if he would hop in and go for a 1200
mile drive without any major preparation, and he'll look at you like
you're on drugs.  If you don't take care of them, they won't take care
of you.  It's just that simple.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:35:13 +0200
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Extended Convex Mirrors - please read if you got them

Hello all

This message is mostly addressed to all those who got my mirrors.
If you have my mirrors installed on your DeLorean - What are your comments
about the mirrors? What are your comments about the heaters if you have them
connected? I am curious to know if you like them and if you are satisfied
with my product.
I would also like to see some pictures from people who installed my mirrors.
Send them my way!
I would like to put some comments and pictures of the installed mirrors on
my web site. If you have taken some pictures, please send them directly to
me along with your name and other info you'd like me to put on my site. I
will be grateful for any comments

BTW, the mirrors are selling well and we are running low on stock at this
time. I only have few sets left. So, if anyone is thinking about getting a
set please go to my website at www.deloreana.com and order a set now (you
can pay with PayPal). Once this batch is sold out I will start taking orders
for another batch. Once I get enough orders I will have the mirrors made.
This time I will require a deposit before putting a name on an order list.

Thank you

Greetings from Poland

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik_at_dml_vp.pl
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:35:53 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: Possible cooling problem?

Thomas - The component that turns the fans on is actually
the "otterstat", which is the small electrical switch mounted into the
coolant pipe on the driver's side.  Have you actually measured the
temperature of the coolant when the gauge is showing just shy of 220
F?  I suspect that many gauges give false readings (high or low).  We
have a few local cars that show high temperatures, but they just don't
*feel* like they are that hot.  We are just in the process of
introducing our Wings-B-Cool(TM) Adjustable Fan Switch, that allows you
to set the fan activation temperature anywhere from 180 F to 240 F with
the twist of a knob.  Perhaps you'd like to be the first offshore
customer for this upgrade?  Email me off-List if you'd like further
information.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1" - with new fan switch installed

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Hi
>> My cooling fans arent coming on until the temperature needle is

slightly below 220. On a friends De Lorean, the stage at which the fans
come on is much lower. Is the thermostat faulty?

>> The car doesnt overheat, but its very close. The coolant level is

normal and there are no leaks.

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:39:57 -0500
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

mechanical and electrical problems.<<

That statement seems rather absurd.  Perhaps YOUR DeLorean suffers from
multiple problems, as do a few examples of just about every car made.  I've
owned two DeLoreans, and aside from the usual work needed to bring an old
car into top condition, I have never needed anything else other than regular
maintenance.   My current car has nearly 140,000 miles and runs flawlessly.
By comparison, my 1 year old Mazda is on its 2nd recall, and has had the
throttle body replaced twice.  My previous well known Japanese made vehicle
leaked out most of its radiator fluid on its initial drive home from the
dealer.   I think most everyone on this list would agree that properly
maintained DeLoreans are very reliable.  Beyond that, the cars have a rather
exceptional group of supporters to help solve just about any problem.

Kermit P.

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:39:14 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

Ah...that must be why I use my 175,000 mile DeLorean as a daily driver,
and haven't had any issues that weren't "self imposed" in over 5 years.

That must be all those mechanical and electrical problems that keep it
going!  I'll make sure it doesn't find out about them.  It might pull
one of those Warner Bros cartoon like things, where it suddenly just
falls apart when it realizes it.

The PRV engine is probably one of the most reliable engines ever built.
I'd even venture to ask:  Has anyone on this mailing list has ever had
an issue with their factory original PRV with less than 150,000 miles on
it, that wasn't related to poor care and/or lack of regular scheduled
oil changes?

Who has the highest mileage DeLorean out there anyway?  I know Bill
Miller in Columbus has over 260,000 miles.  Who can top that?

- Josh
VIN 5102 (175,000 miles)
VIN 15964 (125,000 miles)

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:42:33 -0400
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: Wheel refinishing in New England.

Paul,

Currently they aren't listed as well as many other unique or new products we
have in stock. We are trying to get the time to add these items (with
pictures) but are a bit shorthanded in that department. Call (800)350-7429
and ask for me if you need more info.

Thank you,
Rob Grady

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:56:58 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Ignorant People (was: Re: Ignorant DJ)

I've had LOTS of experience with that, and I've only had my car for 5
years. When it first happened, I honestly didn't know how to approach
it, so I shrugged allot of it off. But over time, I started firing
back at people. Especially if it was in a group of people. If they
said some sort of misinformation, or had their facts wrong, I'd call
them on it right there. "Smuggling coke in the cars? And where
exactly did you hear this?" From there I'd just tear them down in
front of everyone. "Ok. So you know this as fact, because you once
heard it from someone who's name you can't even remember?" You'd be
amazed how quickly people become red-faced, and lose respect among
people in a crowd. And you don't even need to be mean. Just
confidently question them, and they'll back down.

The last time this happened, I was at the SoCal speedshop here in
Vegas with a buddy of mine browsing around last March. The old guy
behind the counter saw my DeLorean shirt, and asked me if I owned
one. And then out of no where, makes some snyde comment about how
John DeLorean loved cocaine. Not only did kindly inform him that he
was wrong, and proceeded to ask him how exactly he knew this, I
followed him around the store for another 3-4 minutes aruging while
he was trying to ignore me! Once he cried "uncle" and admitted that
he had never actually heard any of this (in the middle of the store
mind you), I left him alone.

I enjoy educating people about my car, the man, and the company. But
sometimes, I seem to have go that "extra mile" to set people
straight...

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:05:23 -0700
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

You obviously are not speaking about MY DeLorean.

Think about this: The car was a FIRST-RUN so you (or anybody else)
shouldn't be too surprised that it had a few problems.  It didn't
benefit from years of production and engineering updates.

I can think of cars that have been in production for many years that
still have recalls.  VW, Honda, Ford - whatever.

Second, any DeLorean that has been maintained properly will run just fine.

Lastly, these cars are almost 25 years old.  So yeah, I suppose it's
real easy to pick on the DeLorean since 25 year old parts can fail.  I
guess it's kind of ironic that these first-run vehicles are still
around, don't you think?

If you want to say negative things about the DeLorean, try another
forum.  Most of us love our cars and get a little tired of hearing
what some "experts" think.

Corey, I feel for you.  Next time someone like that opens their mouth,
ask him if he ever owned one himself.  If he didn't, he has no way of
knowing.  Period.

Johnny
5518

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:04:49 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

A couple sockets, a bit o' determination, and a few posts to the DML
will set that car straight in no time!

-Robert

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:03:23 -0400
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

This is normal for the original otterstat (I think I've mentioned this
before on the DML) and is not a cause to worry. The gauge is usually off by
15 degrees, when checked with a pyrometer, so the actual on temperature is
more like 205 degrees. If you switch to lower temp otterstat often times the
fans will stay on in hot climates which can overload the alternator and fan
wiring. I recommend you stay with the original otterstate until it fails as
it is very hard at this time to find new ones in the original temp. range.

P.S. As some of you may have noticed I've posted a lot today for various
reasons but don't worry about me hogging the DML as today was an exception.
Maybe it's because it was a hot day and I felt like spending more time in
the air conditioned office  :) . Tomorrow things should be back to normal.

Rob Grady

My cooling fans arent coming on until the temperature needle is slightly
below 220. On a friends De Lorean, the stage at which the fans come on is
much lower. Is the thermostat faulty?
The car doesnt overheat, but its very close. The coolant level is normal and
there are no leaks.

Thanks
Thomas Mc Auley
Vin #4087
Belfast

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.8.12/46 - Release Date: 7/11/2005
-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.8.12/46 - Release Date: 7/11/2005 ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Message: 12 Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:17:51 -0000 From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net> Subject: Re: Possible cooling problem? Sounds perfectly normal to me. My car does the same thing, and had always driven reliably on a daily basis around Las Vegas in the summer heat with no problem. Your car too is operating in a safe temperature range. Here are some things to keep in mind: Regular water boils at 212F. Cut it with antifreeze, and you've raised the temperature up another few degrees. Compress it, and prevent it from expanding in a sealed engine cooling system, and you've raised the boiling point of the water mixture to about 245F-260F depending upong the antifreeze content. Your car is operating as normal. The only reason that you're noticing it, is because the manufacturer wrote the temperature #'s on the gague. If you notice with your modern cars, auto manufacturers have allieviated these concerns by not putting #'s on the temperature gauges anylonger. It's either color-coded with blue & red, or you just have the H & C marks to show hot and cold. Plus they also have these gauges on a delay. I have a Ford Explorer the got a bad thermostat, and the engine overheated quicker than the gauge responded. But trust me, your modern day cars are functioning at the very same temperatures. Your DeLorean is fine. -Robert --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_y...> wrote:

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:42:33 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 7/11/2005 4:09:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Unfortunately Deloreans suffer from constant
mechanical and  electrical problems. Many of which can
become serious safety hazards. So  the DJ was not
completely off the target but he shouldnt be saying  it
over the mic. I am sorry to say that unless I can
muster the nerve to  switch engines and rework all the
systems on the whole car I will never buy  another
DeLorean.

I think most owners on the list would love to debate this with you.
With the exception of a couple of under-engineered systems (OEM alternator
too weak, early VINs needing the igntion service bulletin, weak OEM fan
breakers) the car is actually quite reliable.

Sounds like yours is just not the norm.

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:17:11 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

So a home-brewed engine hack is going to be more reliable
than a stock DeLorean that has been properly maintained?

I don't think so.

-------------- Original message from Me <fleetofworlds_at_dml_yahoo.com>: --------------

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:35:37 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Re: Colorado/Denver "Back To The Future" Gathering

In addition, the Esquire will be dressing the lobby in
an "Enchantment Under the Sea" motif with the film's soundtrack
playing.  Attendees who dress as their favorite characters and
successfully answer trivia questions will qualify to win door prizes,
some of which will be provided by BTTF.com.  Full details can be
found at:

http://www.bttf.com/index.php?/weblog/more/back_to_the_future_screenin
g_in_denver_co/

-- Stephen Clark, BTTF.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> The Esquire Theater (Downtown Denver 8th & Downing) is going to do

a midnight showing of the original Back to the Future on Saturday
July 23. They would love to have as many cars as possible to park out
front starting about 10 PM until after the end of the film. It is a
very secure area and the ownership has said all owners would get a
free tickets to the film as well as refreshments.

>> This would be an excellent opportunity to meet other owners in the

area. I hope to at least hear from all of those living in or around
the area. Any questions you can contact me off list.

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:45:09 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 7/11/2005 4:26:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk writes:

Hi
My  cooling fans arent coming on until the temperature needle is slightly
below  220. On a friends De Lorean, the stage at which the fans come on is much
lower. Is the thermostat faulty?
The car doesnt overheat, but its very  close. The coolant level is normal and
there are no  leaks.

Is your otterstat pointed upwards or downwards? As in, do  the wires connect
on top or below?

You need to turn the pipe upsidedown if the wires are on top.

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:22:01 -0000
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fascia paint recommendations

Okay, So after carefull consideration on the matter I have decided
that the white paint on the fascia's of 4463 have got to go. Now I
have zoomed around topics on our DML list here about fascia
painting; and now im just wanting to make sure I got the process
100% down before I begine (I have never been to great at painting so
you can understand my caution on doing this. but if I mess up theres
always a body shop...).

By removing my fascia I will then sand it down until its nice and
smooth. following that spray on the primmer. Once thats dry paint on
by brush(?) the black and than the silver. Once the 2 colors are dry
I than paint on a clear coat thus ending the process.

Now if anyone can provide a link to any of the products such as the
paint colors, primer and a good clear coat id be much obliged.

Automotive painting is a new experience for me so any help, tips and
advice is welcome.

Josh Tidwell

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:50:26 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

There's a good chance that most of this DJ's knowledge of DeLoreans
comes from watching Back to the Future and seeing the Time Machine
DeLorean die out twice while Marty was driving it.  You know, if it
happened for one in the movies, it must be true for all DeLoreans.

He probably knows about other DeLorean facts that he learned from
watching the "I Love the 80's" mocumentary series on VH1.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_s...>
wrote:

>> What??  A stupid FM DJ??  This is new!   :-)
>>
>> I sure understand how this pisses you off --especially on the

air.  I hate when these know-it-alls talk about something they know
nothing about (a trait common amongst most talentless DJs).  This is
one of those situations where you really just have to consider the
source.  If it makes you feel any better, you could probably buy and
sell that guy!

>> Jake Kamphoefner and 1063
>> -Glad I switched to MIS from broadcasting in college after seeing

the light!

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:05:33 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Wacky tach still

Vic,

Was your service tach connected very close to the actual in car  tach?

Exactly where did you connect it?

Why is the tach lead to ground 25.5 ohms?  That doesn't seem right. It  shoul
d be zero or close to it.

Try to connect your service tach to the back of the instrument panel right
where the actual in car tach connects and see what happens.

Run a separate ground wire (0 ohms!) from the tach to a good ground  point
and recheck.

My CSS-100 connects to the tach wire...have you tried checking it with out
the CSS wire cnnected?

D & 6530

Message: 13
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:02:04 -0000
From: "ironranger7012" <kvlauhala_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks all for  the possible cures but to no avail.  I checked and
cleaned all of my  grounds with contact cleaner.  Took the dash out,
cleaned all  connections likewise; took the tach out and cleaned the
tach connections  under the nuts. Used my volt-ohmeter and checked
continutity with all  conections on the tach. Put it all together and
checked ALL connections.  Started the car up and put my service tach
on and it read 775 rpm at idle.  The car tach read 1200  100rpm.
Reved it up to 2500 on the  service tach and the car tach was reading
4000  200 rpm. I checked  continuity from the coil to the tach
connection in the dash. (.1 ohm)  Checked tach lead to ground (25.5
ohms) Everything seems to be ok except  for the wacky tach.  Makes me
wonder if this new one I bought and  have been putting up with is
just a POS.
This car is in very good  condition, all original, always maintained
by me. I have the complete  history. I drive 2k - 3k a year. Always
garaged.  When I heard others  having problems with grounds and
connections I checked everything and all  mine look just like new.
The only thing I've added is a CSS-100 cruise  control.
Oh, by the way, I was over talking to Ryan Wright a week or so  ago
and I recall someone talking about the front license plate.  I  have
mine mounted just below the bumper ridge with a sst piano hinge so
it allows air to flow into the radiator.
Again, thanks all

Vic  7012

Thank  you,

Dave

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:04:03 -0000
From: "ocdelorean" <director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com>
Subject: Reminder California DeLorean Owners/Association

Hi Everyone,

Just as a reminder next weekend is the Art Center Car Classic.  Association members
Dorothy and Brian Gates will be showing their DeLorean on the grass along with a great
array of other fine automobiles.  Guest speakers will be 'Chip Foose' of the TV show
'Overhaulin' and Gordon Murray who is the designer of the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes
SLR.  It should be a great show and an opportunity to meet other DeLorean owners in the
area.  Hope to see you all there.  Here is more detailed information on the car show
website. http://www.artcenter.edu/carclassic

If you would like to go to the event with other DeLoreans please let me know, otherwise
we will see you on the 17th this Sunday.

And thank you all for making our magazine promotion a success.  We are looking
forward to great Association events in the future and the plans we have in store for all of
you.  For the many who have emailed us with an interest in volunteering to the
Association...thank you.  We will be contacting you in the future and hope to hear from
you all soon.

Sincerely,

Tony Hilger
DeLorean Owners Association
http://www.deloreanmagazine.com
director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:24:23 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

hey listen, we all know that the car has it's faults and ain't the greatest
thing in the world, but that's not the point....a guy shouldn't be publicly
dogging someone else's ride and embarrassing them.
It's like making fun of their girlfriend or something.
It's insulting and belittling and I think that his superiors should be
notified.
- Videobob

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:27:29 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DOA Mag

I hope we are getting the real magazines and not xerox copies all bound
together or something goofy like that.
The DOA is doing this membership drive to re-kindle thier reputation and it
would be wise for them to come out shining like gold and smelling like a
rose, if they screw this effort up there will be no recovery as far as I am
concerned.
If they can manage to gain new members and sooth the old ones they might
have a chance at getting some numbers again.
I hope I get my stuff soon!
- VB

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:36:17 -0500
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

They take some getting used to, besides the distorted reflected shape (duh,
convex) they are darker, but I do like them.
I got one on a little crooked... not too bad, but I would like to fix it. So
be careful and check that alignment one last time before you do the final
press down.
-Kevin

-- -Kevin [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Message: 24 Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:39:07 -0500 From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com> Subject: Re: Re: Ignorant DJ It's not hard to understand why "me" didn't give his or her name. The list is full of DeLorean defending comments tonight. They're begining to be repetative so with tonights post I'll kill the thread. Bruce Benson, current moderator ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Message: 25 Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:42:02 -0500 From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com> Subject: Re: Grilling with a DeLorean Another "Delorean" mentioning... I think. Though it seems hardly worth mentioning: On the T-Mobile commercial with lots of names run together, I swear I hear "Delorean". I ran it back and listened to it again and the wife agrees, someone's name is definitely "Delorean". On 7/11/05, Stephen Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com> wrote:

-- -Kevin [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address: moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------