Subject:
[DML] Digest Number 2736
From:
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:
13 Jul 2005 19:50:52 -0000

dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: Whats YOUR mileage Raffle car dcs
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Re: Chicago
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Tilt Telescope Steering
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: AC System oil
From: "Marty Galbreath" <marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com>

5. Re: Amplifier mounted on firewall (was Abandon the spare?)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Emissions
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>

7. Re: Amplifier mounted on firewall (was Abandon the spare?)
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. Florida / D parts
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

9. Amplifiers.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:54:52 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Whats YOUR mileage Raffle car dcs

Yes I basically have the automatic done and I am now going to start on the  5
speed.
It won't take long I just need to take time and finish it

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:53:30 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Chicago

For those of you on the list under 42 you may not be aware but in  Cincinnati
DeLorean Car Show in 1998 my eyes had begun to change and I could not  read
the print on the sheets at the car show and got very frustrated.
My eyes are worse than most now where before I had good vision.
As a result my arms are not long enough and the progressive bifocals are
better but I still have problems reading small print
Thus the request for BIG PRINT on the name tags
I am not the only one in this as the posts indicate

As a result I have others read now at the car shows.

Thanks for keeping the humor in getting old LOL

Ken (almost 50, 1 month to go) and bad eyes  AARP here I come   :-)

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:06:01 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Tilt Telescope Steering

The same knob does lock the telescopic. Even after you loosen it
though it may be difficult to move the wheel in and out. They tend to
get stuck after so many years of never having been moved. It may take
some force to get it to move again. Only pull on it DO NOT FORCE IT
IN! Do not hammer on it, you may collapse the column. Refer to to the
owner's manual for more info on adjusting the column.

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:15:07 -0000
From: "Marty Galbreath" <marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com>
Subject: Re: AC System oil

Many thanks to you and to Harold!

Marty Galbreath
3765

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Card" <stephen_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> Hi Marty,
>> See message # 53496. Harold actually answered this for me on June

22,

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:20:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Amplifier mounted on firewall (was Abandon the spare?)

You need to make sure the entire system is grounded at
the battery.  All components, including the head unit
itself.

Also try to disconnect the antenna from the head unit,
you may have a ground loop.

--- Marty Galbreath <marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com> wrote:

>> I have a Soundstream 244 amplifier, using #8 guage
>> wire for the hot
>> and #4 for the ground, both from Lighting audio. The
>> hot is tied
>> directly to the battery while I tried moving the
>> ground from the
>> battery to other points nearby but no change in the
>> result. The
>> input wires are of the unshielded twisted pair type,
>> also from
>> Lighting Audio which are supposed to be the latest
>> and greatest in
>> noise elimination, I thought.
>>
>> The noise was twofold: there was a lot of ignition
>> noise which
>> produced a "popping" sound in time with the engine,
>> and also
>> alternator whine. When I moved the amp to the floor,
>> the poping was
>> gone but I still had the whine. Installing a filter
>> on the power
>> from David Navone Engineering solved that part of
>> the problem.
>>
>> One I get the car back together from my AC
>> extravaganza, I might try
>> some other things. I bought a set of Magnecor CN25
>> ignition cables
>> which are supposed to help with this problem, but
>> haven't installed
>> them yet. I presently have 8.5mm MSD wires on the
>> car with a NOS
>> coil.
>>
>> What brand of amplifier are you using so
>> successfully?
>>
>> Marty Galbreath
>> 3765

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:44:21 -0000
From: "Dave" <v-davidj_at_dml_microsoft.com>
Subject: Emissions

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this information, but I feel
it's a little bit noteworthy for the forum with regards to information
about our cars.

I have an automatic single turbo DeLorean.  The turbo setup is a BAE,
which means that the catalytic converter is absent from the car.

I took it in for an emissions test last week, and the car passed with
flying colors.  I don't recall off hand what the #s were, and I don't
have my emissions statement with me as I write this, but I do recall
that the #s were well below the minimum requirements.  If anyone is
interested in the specific #s, I would be happy to pass those along.

I live in Washington State.  I don't know how Washington's emissions
standards fairs with others.

FYI

Thanks!
Dave Jacobs

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:10:08 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 7/13/2005 8:34:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
marty_at_dml_mediamergeinc.com writes:

What  brand of amplifier are you using so successfully?

Marty  Galbreath
3765

Marty -

I am using a Monitor-1 4 channel amplifier for my 6 full range speakers  with
a 4 band parametric EQ by monitor-1.  my subwoofer is driven by a JL  audio
250/1 mono amp. Head unit is Alpine.  The Monitor-1 stuff is built by  Zapco.

You should try removing your headunit's power and ground wires and wiring  it
directly to your battery and wire your amp directly to your battery as  well.
I had some slight alternator whine until I grounded EVERYTHING into
distribution blocks were then grounded TOGETHER directly to the battery.   There's no
other way to eliminate ground-loop noise otherwise.  Since I did  that, my
system is totally silent.

Try that and see how it works.

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:29:46 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: Florida / D parts

1)
Will be in Florida July 23 - Aug 1. ( Delray Beach - ocean side of Florida south of West Palm Beach).
Anyone wanting me to check out a DeLorean, have a brew, chew the fat, help look for a boat, practice semi retirement, etc., please email me off line.

2)
Have a louver panel and a radiator for sale CHEAP. Louver has a hole in the top for an antenna. Radiator is original, clean, but has a cracked lower outlet pipe, when I was replacing hoses. Make me an offer, and pay shipping. I'll box / crate them _at_dml_ n/c. If no response will place on ebay.

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:10:51 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Amplifiers.

Out of curiousity, why would you need a amp in the DeLorean? I run
Infinity Kappa 6x9" 3 channels in the back, and 5" composits on the
kickpanels, with tweeters in the dash. Coupled with a Kenwood 60Wx4
head unit. The sound is crystal with clear treble, and does a decent
job of thumping the floorboards for good base (it's like driving around
in a drum). And all this without an amp.

If you've got some subwoofers, I understand the need for an amp, but
for regular speakers? How much of a difference does this actually make
for sound?